Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anyone Doubt This Ownership Group?

Marrdro wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Fire Childress?

My guess is that anyone who still has a beef with what the Vikings are doing is deadset on removing him for whatever various reasons they've made up in their feable minds.
    I'm so over the "Fire Childress" crowd. Remembering of course that I was on that bandwagon for a short time.

Although I hold the "Wimpy" approach to camp against him, he has done the things I expect a HC to do.....

a. Keep the FO pukes advised of player issues related to supporting his scheme.

b. Gives his coaching staff the lattitude to coach the players. I still marvel at the youngsters who come in off the bench for starters that go down with very little drop off.

I am sure he went to the FO pukes when they told him about El Syd and said, hey, get me another guy (item a) and I bet that his coaching staff get ole 84 ramped up faster than I think they will (item b).....

Fire Childress. Really. What for?
    That's funny...

Let's turn a blind eye to the fact that Chiller's lack of ability to develop the QB HE chose led to the acquisition (A nice way of saying "Begged him to unretire) of YOUR favorite player.

Let's ignore the fact that Chiller's inability to call plays, despite his insistence upon doing so, almost lead to his firing (Or so many believe)...and were it not for Peterson exploding on the NFL (Who knew?) after he'd handed play calling off to Bevell (So he had a convenient scape goat) saved his bacon.

Let's completely forget his fantastic "coaching" ability...like how he gets his team UP for big games, his clock management, and his incredible scheming which fosters the brilliant and diverse play calling (Now THAT'S a lot of sarcasm).

Sure, Chiller's done some things right...I just happen to believe that a lot of other coaches would have done better. IN fact, I happen to believe that given the same opportunities, Tice would have done better.

Caine

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We just put all our chips on the table for two hall of fame players at the end of their careers looking for a Superbowl. If it works, they are genius. If it doesn't work, we are hooped.
    We're bringing purple back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

gregair13 wrote:
    We just put all our chips on the table for two hall of fame players at the end of their careers looking for a Superbowl. If it works, they are genius. If it doesn't work, we are hooped.
    Only two? I count four:

Brett Favre, Randy Moss, Steve Hutchinson, Kevin Williams.

Throw in AP, even though he's got about 5 years left min, and we've got ourselves a fuckin wicked lineup.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    ...Sure, Chiller's done some things right...I just happen to believe that a lot of other coaches would have done better. IN fact, I happen to believe that given the same opportunities, Tice would have done better.

Caine
    lmao. Caine, you are losing it! The Meathead is such a great coach that the year his contract wasn't renewed he got a grand total of 0 offers as HC when there were six openings. There have been countless openings and how many teams were beating down the door to hire Tice as their HC? I'll help you out. Zero.

Regarding the Fire Childress crowd, most are morons that couldn't beat themselves out of a wet paper bag. This ownership group is doing more, by an order of magnitude, than any other group that has managed the Vikings since their inception. If they feel Childress is not getting the job done and a better candidate comes along then I have no doubt that they will hire the better candidate.

I am just thankful that Al Gore invented the Internet so many of the moronic fans can be sequestered in cyberspace. That's a good thing.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    ...Sure, Chiller's done some things right...I just happen to believe that a lot of other coaches would have done better. IN fact, I happen to believe that given the same opportunities, Tice would have done better.

Caine
    lmao. Caine, you are losing it! The Meathead is such a great coach that the year his contract wasn't renewed he got a grand total of 0 offers as HC when there were six openings. There have been countless openings and how many teams were beating down the door to hire Tice as their HC? I'll help you out. Zero.

Regarding the Fire Childress crowd, most are morons that couldn't beat themselves out of a wet paper bag. This ownership group is doing more, by an order of magnitude, than any other group that has managed the Vikings since their inception. If they feel Childress is not getting the job done and a better candidate comes along then I have no doubt that they will hire the better candidate.

I am just thankful that Al Gore invented the Internet so many of the moronic fans can be sequestered in cyberspace. That's a good thing.
    Follow the logic, P.

Tice's operational budget? Almost zip.
    Chiller's? unlimited.

Tice's ability to hire coaches? Zip.
    Chiller's? Unlimited.

Tice's ability to get FA's signed to upgrade our team? Zip.
    Chiller's? Apparantly unlimited.

The primary difference being the owner. Zygi opens the checkbook...something Red *gropes goats* McCombs would NEVER do.

So, based solely upon what they accomplished here - and when factoring the financial support they received from their respective owners, I rate Tice AHEAD of Chiller. After all, Chiller hasn't really accomplished much more than Tice did, despite having a HUGE financial advantage over Tice.

Would I want Tice back? No. He's the O-line coach in Chicago right now...and they can have him.

But it's a measure of how much I DON'T like Childress that I rank Tice ahead of him.

Caine

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine

Follow the logic, P.

Tice's operational budget? Almost zip.
    Chiller's? unlimited.

Tice's ability to hire coaches? Zip.
    Chiller's? Unlimited.

Tice's ability to get FA's signed to upgrade our team? Zip.
    Chiller's? Apparantly unlimited.

The primary difference being the owner. Zygi opens the checkbook...something Red *gropes goats* McCombs would NEVER do.

So, based solely upon what they accomplished here - and when factoring the financial support they received from their respective owners, I rate Tice AHEAD of Chiller. After all, Chiller hasn't really accomplished much more than Tice did, despite having a HUGE financial advantage over Tice.

Would I want Tice back? No. He's the O-line coach in Chicago right now...and they can have him.

But it's a measure of how much I DON'T like Childress that I rank Tice ahead of him.

Caine
    And Tice knew how to put an Offensive Line together....Chilly = NOT!

Chilly is nothing more than a C level coach, with an A level talented team. Except for his C minus level back-up pet QB project.
    When Chilly goes, we will then win what really matters....
    I'll just add this, 12 on the field??????? PLEASE, a top notch coach Bplus to Aplus, would have never let that happen, at that time and place....URGHHHHHHHHHHh

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Back to the management group......

If the incredibly expensive financial gamble in progress pays off and we go to the big show or at least come very close.....the stadium issue will be pushed.

If they don't get it......goodbye Vikings.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Fire Childress?

My guess is that anyone who still has a beef with what the Vikings are doing is deadset on removing him for whatever various reasons they've made up in their feable minds.
    I'm so over the "Fire Childress" crowd. Remembering of course that I was on that bandwagon for a short time.

Although I hold the "Wimpy" approach to camp against him, he has done the things I expect a HC to do.....

a. Keep the FO pukes advised of player issues related to supporting his scheme.

b. Gives his coaching staff the lattitude to coach the players. I still marvel at the youngsters who come in off the bench for starters that go down with very little drop off.

I am sure he went to the FO pukes when they told him about El Syd and said, hey, get me another guy (item a) and I bet that his coaching staff get ole 84 ramped up faster than I think they will (item b).....

Fire Childress. Really. What for?
    That's funny...

Let's turn a blind eye to the fact that Chiller's lack of ability to develop the QB HE chose led to the acquisition (A nice way of saying "Begged him to unretire) of YOUR favorite player.

Let's ignore the fact that Chiller's inability to call plays, despite his insistence upon doing so, almost lead to his firing (Or so many believe)...and were it not for Peterson exploding on the NFL (Who knew?) after he'd handed play calling off to Bevell (So he had a convenient scape goat) saved his bacon.

Let's completely forget his fantastic "coaching" ability...like how he gets his team UP for big games, his clock management, and his incredible scheming which fosters the brilliant and diverse play calling (Now THAT'S a lot of sarcasm).

Sure, Chiller's done some things right...I just happen to believe that a lot of other coaches would have done better. IN fact, I happen to believe that given the same opportunities, Tice would have done better.

Caine
    All opinions related to you......

You have no idea if TJ is ready.

Proph did a damn fine job on a thread about play calling that disputes your opinion.

I'll give ya the "Team Readiness" issue. I still hold that against him, just promised Proph I wouldn't ping on it this year.

Truth of the matter is, through the support of the Ownership Group, the front office and the 20 some odd coaches on this teams efforts, this team is better each and every year and is far from the kindof team we were forced to watch under the last regime.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed wrote:
    And Tice knew how to put an Offensive Line together....Chilly = NOT!
    Same question.....did you watch that OL fold last week?

Bet I hear Crickets.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel wrote:
    Back to the management group......

If the incredibly expensive financial gamble in progress pays off and we go to the big show or at least come very close.....the stadium issue will be pushed.

If they don't get it......goodbye Vikings.
    I don't think the product on the field has anything to do with it anymore.

Way to many voters in MN that are NOT fans to ever get anything done based on how messed up the economy is in up in the land of 10,000 lakes.

Only way that will change is if they (the ownership group) can convince thier elected officials that the loss of the team will hurt the economy more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast