Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 2010 PPO FF - Post-Season discussion

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086941

I'm not terribly sympathetic towards "Bye Week Hell". That's an owner screwup, not an issue with how the league is run.
    =Z=
    I agree in a way, but in every other league I can think of, if you draft poorly and have bye week hell, you're punishment is you just don't get points for those players. In this league you can't even set a lineup if it's bad enough.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple" #1086944][quote="Zeus" #1086731]
    What do you mean "incomplete" lineups? Managing your roster due to BYE weeks is a problem in every league and one of the things that managers are expected to handle. Currently, I have the league set up NOT to allow you to start people on BYE weeks. And I like that.[/quote]

In other leagues I'm in, if I have a bunch of players on bye's, rather than cutting half my team, I can just start the player on a bye. yes, I get no points, but it's better than getting rid of a bunch of top players. This isn't possible in this league.[/quote]

As noted - I have this league set up NOT to allow you to start players on BYE weeks. And I'm not inclined to change that.

[quote][quote="Zeus
    If you're stupid enough to draft 2 QBs who have the same BYE week, then you get what you get.
    Again, many of us had to autodraft, and that screwed us over. I agree that yes, it's your own problem if you have too many guys with the same bye week, but most leagues will give you a way around it. Nothing to do here.[/quote]

Simple solution - show up for the draft.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1086947
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086941

I'm not terribly sympathetic towards "Bye Week Hell". That's an owner screwup, not an issue with how the league is run.
    I agree in a way, but in every other league I can think of, if you draft poorly and have bye week hell, you're punishment is you just don't get points for those players. In this league you can't even set a lineup if it's bad enough.
    Don't draft poorly.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Thanks Z for your Commissionership, you do a great job and I appreciate the work and time you put into it. Thanks Webby for making it possible.

Only good feedback really. I'm in three Leagues, each a little different. This League is fair, just, and provides an equal opportunity for all to succeed. You know you are in a good League when you score 128 and get blown out by 31...like I did in Round 1 of the Playoffs.

I'm a Commish in our local league with a $250 entry fee and appreciate the position you are in. Stick to your guns re: Bye Week hell, and other Owner lack of planning issues. I agree that you should not make Rules accommodations for lack of an Owner's planning.

Fun, competitive, fair...good League Z. Looking forward to next year; crossing the 200pt plateau is my goal, almost had it this year. In fact, I did, but my D gave up a last minute TD in garbage time. Go 'Bags!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus" #1086948][quote="i_bleed_purple" #1086944][quote="Zeus" #1086731]
    What do you mean "incomplete" lineups? Managing your roster due to BYE weeks is a problem in every league and one of the things that managers are expected to handle. Currently, I have the league set up NOT to allow you to start people on BYE weeks. And I like that.[/quote]

In other leagues I'm in, if I have a bunch of players on bye's, rather than cutting half my team, I can just start the player on a bye. yes, I get no points, but it's better than getting rid of a bunch of top players. This isn't possible in this league.[/quote]

As noted - I have this league set up NOT to allow you to start players on BYE weeks. And I'm not inclined to change that.

[quote][quote="Zeus
    If you're stupid enough to draft 2 QBs who have the same BYE week, then you get what you get.
    Again, many of us had to autodraft, and that screwed us over. I agree that yes, it's your own problem if you have too many guys with the same bye week, but most leagues will give you a way around it. Nothing to do here.[/quote]

Simple solution - show up for the draft.

=Z=[/quote]

if it were that simple, I would have done it.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

A bit late here, and I apologize for that, but better late than never, right?

I had a blast playing in the PP.O league this past season. There are some, I'm sure, who will say that's only because i won it, but I am sure that I would have had just as much fun if I hd not. Well, almost as much, at least. 8)

As I do not have a lot to compare it to, I can only say that I felt that everything was fair and fun. The tools were quite helpful. I had the same problems with injuries and bye weeks that many others suffered from, but I consider that to be part of the game. You never get exactly what you would like in L, so why should the league be any different?

The possibility of IR or Taxi squads is appealing, but I'd b perfectly fine without them. The auto-draft not following roster rules has already been addressed, it seems, so I will leave it to Z to deal with that.

My heartfelt thanks to Zeus and Webby for making this available to us, and I look forward to whooping all of your asses again next year.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Can the commish.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

when is this starting up again?

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095499
    Can the commish.
    +1

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "BadlandsVikings" #1101717
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1095499
    Can the commish.
    +1
    - 1,000,000. Z is the only one crazy enough to not only take this on, but do a good job doing it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123