Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: 2010 PPO FF - Post-Season discussion

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086730

Waivers are set up to be first-come, first-serve, following the conclusion of the Monday night game (I think the actual deadline for first-come, first-serve waivers to start is 2am Tuesday AM).

=Z=
    I like having a waiver order. Allows those that work Tuesday morning to have the same opportunity as those that are up at 2am. Most of the time it's not a big deal, but when someone like Michael Vick is suddenly available everyone is going to want him, Waivers are more fair.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086729
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086603
    I am personally not a fan of drafting on labor day weekend.
    That's a by-product of waiting to draft until after the 4th pre-season game. Should we draft after the 3rd pre-season game? Or even earlier?

=Z=
    I'd be fine with that. Most of the FF drafts I partake in are during the week leading up to labor day weekend.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Firstly thanks to the Commish and Webby for making the league available to everyone and for running it.
    The issue of the ' bye week hell ' is one of those things and means you have to be mindful when drafting players so that you don't end up with a week when half the roster is unavailable. Also a good way to ensure that people don't try and load up with players from one team.
    I'd agree about the system allowing people to draft more than the allowed quota at one position. I managed to do the same and was alerted the first time I tried to make a waiver move after week 1 - so it does balance out eventually. Again down to owners to monitor what they do on draft day.
    Incidentally thanks for picking a drafting time for us europeans so that its at a better time for us - and thanks for those non- europeans who draft in that division as well.

I would like to see something like a taxi or injury holding ability for when you have players that may be out for a longer period but don't want to release as you know they will be back. I understand it was removed to stop owners removing players from the waiver wires by hoarding but not sure if there is a way around. For example this season someone may have been willing to draft and wait on Rice coming back from injury but under the arrangement couldn't do that and then had to wait for the inevitable waiver wire scramble - maybe possible to have a taxi/injury squad of 1 slot only?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Draft after the 3rd pre season game. Any time that week is perfect.

Change the requirements for a legal roster. Have the same starters and whatever people want on their bench. Starting 1-qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex (or not, doesnt matter to me), 1kicker, 1def. Then have 4-6 bench spots. So if I want to have a team with 4 quarterbacks, let me.

Waivers should be at midnight on the Monday after MNF. Teams can pick players according to the waiver order (how ever that is determined). Has to be this soon because with the Thursday games, need the time to set roster. If it is on Wednesday, only gives a few hours to set a team.

Who cares about injuries. Players get hurt, you drop them and run the risk of losing them if they come back.
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086744
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1086742
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086738
    As I said last year.....Thanks for running this Z and thanks to Webby for making it happen.

I just have one complaint that probably won't be resolved (again) because of the limitations Webby has wrt funds.

I would like to see the site provide BPA when you search for players instead of just an alphabetical listing.

Work around was to use one of the other sites I am in a league in, however, it was a bit laborious to do that. Again if its funds that limit that I understand. Just have to ask.....

Again, great job.
    You could run a report for top free agents, there was even an add button next to the names.
    I couldn't get them to work. Figured it was one of the "options" we didn't have.
    Sorry, Marty, but that's user error.

From the drop-down ribbon at the top:
    Reports - Player - Top Free Agents
    In the drop-down on the next screen that says "Overall" select "Top Free Agents in Division (your division)"

Thanks,
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1086745
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086730

Waivers are set up to be first-come, first-serve, following the conclusion of the Monday night game (I think the actual deadline for first-come, first-serve waivers to start is 2am Tuesday AM).
    I like having a waiver order. Allows those that work Tuesday morning to have the same opportunity as those that are up at 2am. Most of the time it's not a big deal, but when someone like Michael Vick is suddenly available everyone is going to want him, Waivers are more fair.
    I always seem to get screwed on waiver order, LOL.

But, you are correct, it is "more fair". So - is the Yahoo model of "one period of waivers each week and then first-come, first-serve" acceptable?

=Z=
    PS - I picked up Vick after Week 1 when he took over for Kolb. Then when he got hurt against the Redskins, I dropped him. 'Course, then I didn't get a chance to pick him back up when he came back. DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086843
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1086729
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086603
    I am personally not a fan of drafting on labor day weekend.
    That's a by-product of waiting to draft until after the 4th pre-season game. Should we draft after the 3rd pre-season game? Or even earlier?
    I'd be fine with that. Most of the FF drafts I partake in are during the week leading up to labor day weekend.
    This year was weird in that Webby didn't get the site paid for until very late in the process. I'll try to get him to do that earlier in 2011, so that I can get things organized in late July, rather than mid-August.

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1086893
    Draft after the 3rd pre season game. Any time that week is perfect.

Change the requirements for a legal roster. Have the same starters and whatever people want on their bench. Starting 1-qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex (or not, doesnt matter to me), 1kicker, 1def. Then have 4-6 bench spots. So if I want to have a team with 4 quarterbacks, let me.
    I tried to set that up for this year, which is how, I think, that the drafts got so screwed up. Plus - and this is a big issue in this league - when so many owners don't show up for the draft, the auto-draft would then really screw things up by drafting nothing but RBs to fill up the bench spots. I can definitely do some investigation on how to properly set that up for this year.

Waivers should be at midnight on the Monday after MNF. Teams can pick players according to the waiver order (how ever that is determined). Has to be this soon because with the Thursday games, need the time to set roster. If it is on Wednesday, only gives a few hours to set a team.
    Midnight following the MNF game is one option, although I'm inclined to make it midnight on Tuesday night, simply because if you have a star player who gets injured in the MNF game but don't stay up to watch the game, then you're screwed.

Who cares about injuries. Players get hurt, you drop them and run the risk of losing them if they come back.
    I might introduce IR or Taxi squad, but not both.

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1086846
    Firstly thanks to the Commish and Webby for making the league available to everyone and for running it.
    You're welcome!

The issue of the ' bye week hell ' is one of those things and means you have to be mindful when drafting players so that you don't end up with a week when half the roster is unavailable. Also a good way to ensure that people don't try and load up with players from one team.
    I'm not terribly sympathetic towards "Bye Week Hell". That's an owner screwup, not an issue with how the league is run.

I'd agree about the system allowing people to draft more than the allowed quota at one position. I managed to do the same and was alerted the first time I tried to make a waiver move after week 1 - so it does balance out eventually. Again down to owners to monitor what they do on draft day.
    As noted elsewhere - the draft this year was really messed up for some folks and that was a combination of my mistake and the strangeness of the setup for this website. I will do my darndest to stop that from happening next year.

Incidentally thanks for picking a drafting time for us europeans so that its at a better time for us - and thanks for those non- europeans who draft in that division as well.
    You're welcome! No reason to make you all get up in the middle of the night if it can be avoided.

I would like to see something like a taxi or injury holding ability for when you have players that may be out for a longer period but don't want to release as you know they will be back. I understand it was removed to stop owners removing players from the waiver wires by hoarding but not sure if there is a way around. For example this season someone may have been willing to draft and wait on Rice coming back from injury but under the arrangement couldn't do that and then had to wait for the inevitable waiver wire scramble - maybe possible to have a taxi/injury squad of 1 slot only?
    That can be re-added. It becomes tough with 10-team divisions to have enough players out there for making moves.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus" #1086731]
    What do you mean "incomplete" lineups? Managing your roster due to BYE weeks is a problem in every league and one of the things that managers are expected to handle. Currently, I have the league set up NOT to allow you to start people on BYE weeks. And I like that.

=Z=[/quote]

In other leagues I'm in, if I have a bunch of players on bye's, rather than cutting half my team, I can just start the player on a bye. yes, I get no points, but it's better than getting rid of a bunch of top players. This isn't possible in this league.
    [quote="Zeus
    If you're stupid enough to draft 2 QBs who have the same BYE week, then you get what you get.
    Again, many of us had to autodraft, and that screwed us over. I agree that yes, it's your own problem if you have too many guys with the same bye week, but most leagues will give you a way around it. Nothing to do here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast