Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080616
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1080613
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080611
    Here are the Playoff Round 1 matchups:

    #9: Bama's Bourbon Bums
    #8: FuadFan

    #16: Favre Lovers
    #1: Fighting GameCocks

    #12: The Gods of Football
    #5: TV's Very Naughty Boys

    #13: The Wicked Ones
    #4: The Goonies

    #11: Masterpiece
    #6: Viking Victors

    #14: The Office Linebackers
    #3: Scurvy Dogs

    #10: WrathOfTjacksDespair
    #7: Scumbags

    #15: Jmcdon00 the Destroyer
    #2: The Whizzinators

    =Z=
    We need to figure out how to have a "Football Pool" on this.......

    I'm going with

    8, 1, 5, 4, 6, 11 (Upset pick), 7 and 15 (Upset Pick) without actually looking at thier stats (Points for, Points against etc).
    No love for Zeus, eh?

    You're OUT for next year, bubi.

    =Z=
    LOL. I'm always out........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    GALLY is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    277

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1080613
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080611
    Here are the Playoff Round 1 matchups:

    #9: Bama's Bourbon Bums
    #8: FuadFan

    #16: Favre Lovers
    #1: Fighting GameCocks

    #12: The Gods of Football
    #5: TV's Very Naughty Boys

    #13: The Wicked Ones
    #4: The Goonies

    #11: Masterpiece
    #6: Viking Victors

    #14: The Office Linebackers
    #3: Scurvy Dogs

    #10: WrathOfTjacksDespair
    #7: Scumbags

    #15: Jmcdon00 the Destroyer
    #2: The Whizzinators

    =Z=
    We need to figure out how to have a "Football Pool" on this.......

    I'm going with

    8, 1, 5, 4, 6, 11 (Upset pick), 7 and 15 (Upset Pick) without actually looking at thier stats (Points for, Points against etc).
    I think you need to re-evaluate your upset picks. Especially that #2 vs #15 game.....Whizzinators all the way....

  3. #23
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080564
    The playoffs are beginning for the 2010 PPO FF league! Congrats to the 16 owners who have qualified for the playoffs.

    Seedings for the 16 teams are determined based upon:
    1. Finish place in division - teams are placed into 4-team groupings and then the other determinations are used to seed in that 4-team group. Example: the top team in each division are seeded 1-4 in the playoffs. The 2nd-place team in each division are seeded 5-8 in the playoffs, and so on.
    2. Overall record
    3. Total points scored
    4. Division record (only needed to break a tie at level #3)

    Here are the seedings for this year's playoffs:
    Seed Team Record Total Points Division Record
    1. Fighting GameCocks 10-2 1496
    2. The Whizzinators 10-2 1459
    3. Scurvy Dogs 9-3 1314
    4. The Goonies 8-4 1422
    5. TV's Very Naughty Boys 10-2 1436
    6. Viking Victors 8-4 1351
    7. Scumbags 7-5 1507
    8. FuadFan 7-5 1438
    9. Bama's Bourbon Bums 7-5 1380 6-3
    10. WrathofTjacksDespair 7-5 1380 5-4
    11. Masterpiece 7-5 1348
    12. The Gods of Football 6-6 1384
    13. The Wicked Ones 7-5 1390
    14. The Office Linebackers 7-5 1309
    15. Jmcdon00 the Destroyer 6-6 1298
    15a? My Big Nuts 6-6 1291
    16. Favre Lovers 6-6 1244

    Good luck to all!

    =Z=

    Not trying to complain because I appreciate everything you have done But I am confused as to why my 1291 vs Favre's 1244 points didn't give me the last seed?

  4. #24
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Garland Greene" #1080910
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1080564
    The playoffs are beginning for the 2010 PPO FF league! Congrats to the 16 owners who have qualified for the playoffs.

    Seedings for the 16 teams are determined based upon:
    1. Finish place in division - teams are placed into 4-team groupings and then the other determinations are used to seed in that 4-team group. Example: the top team in each division are seeded 1-4 in the playoffs. The 2nd-place team in each division are seeded 5-8 in the playoffs, and so on.
    2. Overall record
    3. Total points scored
    4. Division record (only needed to break a tie at level #3)

    Here are the seedings for this year's playoffs:
    Seed Team Record Total Points Division Record
    1. Fighting GameCocks 10-2 1496
    2. The Whizzinators 10-2 1459
    3. Scurvy Dogs 9-3 1314
    4. The Goonies 8-4 1422
    5. TV's Very Naughty Boys 10-2 1436
    6. Viking Victors 8-4 1351
    7. Scumbags 7-5 1507
    8. FuadFan 7-5 1438
    9. Bama's Bourbon Bums 7-5 1380 6-3
    10. WrathofTjacksDespair 7-5 1380 5-4
    11. Masterpiece 7-5 1348
    12. The Gods of Football 6-6 1384
    13. The Wicked Ones 7-5 1390
    14. The Office Linebackers 7-5 1309
    15. Jmcdon00 the Destroyer 6-6 1298
    15a? My Big Nuts 6-6 1291
    16. Favre Lovers 6-6 1244

    Good luck to all!

    =Z=

    Not trying to complain because I appreciate everything you have done But I am confused as to why my 1291 vs Favre's 1244 points didn't give me the last seed?
    5 teams in our division compiled 6-6 records. The first tie-breaker to determine playoff position was your record vs. the other 4 teams. You (and TNT and Marrdro) all finished with 1-3 records vs. those teams, whereas Favre Lovers (Mars) and myself both finished with 3-1 records vs. those teams.

    So Mars ended up in 4th place in the division (I was 3rd).

    That bit was detailed in another post:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forum/17-fantasy-football-talk/1079202-ppo-ff-playoff-tie-breakers

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #25
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Suck my C O C K LMAO Only in your dreams son! Watch the master go to real work now hehehehehehe


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #26
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Than makes some sense I guess It just seems like, head to head should be the final tie breaker and pints should be first. Your team could get beat only because the team you are playing has the higher score but your score could be higher than everyone else. In other words I could beat you 160-159 I still beat you but your 159 was more points then anyone else in the league that week. We finish the season tied and your point total for the season is 1500 and mine is only 1100. I don't think it would be fair to have you not make the playoffs and I do when you clearly scored more points then I did during the season only because I beat you by 1 point. Just my 2 cents oh well. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs! Thanks for putting this together again this year Zeus

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Garland Greene" #1080990
    Than makes some sense I guess It just seems like, head to head should be the final tie breaker and pints should be first. Your team could get beat only because the team you are playing has the higher score but your score could be higher than everyone else. In other words I could beat you 160-159 I still beat you but your 159 was more points then anyone else in the league that week. We finish the season tied and your point total for the season is 1500 and mine is only 1100. I don't think it would be fair to have you not make the playoffs and I do when you clearly scored more points then I did during the season only because I beat you by 1 point. Just my 2 cents oh well. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs! Thanks for putting this together again this year Zeus
    I know it's tough to draw parallels between the REAL NFL and FF, but the first tie-breaker for the NFL between 2 or more teams is head-to-head record vs. those teams.

    I appreciate the thanks, dude.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    GALLY is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    277

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Garland Greene" #1080990
    Than makes some sense I guess It just seems like, head to head should be the final tie breaker and pints should be first. Your team could get beat only because the team you are playing has the higher score but your score could be higher than everyone else. In other words I could beat you 160-159 I still beat you but your 159 was more points then anyone else in the league that week. We finish the season tied and your point total for the season is 1500 and mine is only 1100. I don't think it would be fair to have you not make the playoffs and I do when you clearly scored more points then I did during the season only because I beat you by 1 point. Just my 2 cents oh well. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs! Thanks for putting this together again this year Zeus
    I have been fighting this battle for years in another league. I agree with you. I think that the "best" team should win in any tiebreaker. In fantasy football the measure of the best team is total points scored. That is the only think you can kind of control. So I think that should be the #1 tiebreak....I know many people come back with "why play a weekly schedule and just do it total points for the year?" argument. But a lot of the fun is the weekly trash talk against your opponent. Without a weekly game it would get kind of boring and more like baseball fantasy. You need the head to head and win-loss records but I believe the "best" team should win tie-breaks and that to me is total points. I just think it is wrong that you can lose a tie break because you lost to a team when you had 5 key guys on bye and didn't get a chance to play them a second time with a complete team.

    That being said....the rules are clear and that's the way you gotta play. Let the playoffs begin......

  9. #29
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Quote Originally Posted by "GALLY" #1080998
    Quote Originally Posted by "Garland Greene" #1080990
    Than makes some sense I guess It just seems like, head to head should be the final tie breaker and pints should be first. Your team could get beat only because the team you are playing has the higher score but your score could be higher than everyone else. In other words I could beat you 160-159 I still beat you but your 159 was more points then anyone else in the league that week. We finish the season tied and your point total for the season is 1500 and mine is only 1100. I don't think it would be fair to have you not make the playoffs and I do when you clearly scored more points then I did during the season only because I beat you by 1 point. Just my 2 cents oh well. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs! Thanks for putting this together again this year Zeus
    I have been fighting this battle for years in another league. I agree with you. I think that the "best" team should win in any tiebreaker. In fantasy football the measure of the best team is total points scored. That is the only think you can kind of control. So I think that should be the #1 tiebreak....I know many people come back with "why play a weekly schedule and just do it total points for the year?" argument. But a lot of the fun is the weekly trash talk against your opponent. Without a weekly game it would get kind of boring and more like baseball fantasy. You need the head to head and win-loss records but I believe the "best" team should win tie-breaks and that to me is total points. I just think it is wrong that you can lose a tie break because you lost to a team when you had 5 key guys on bye and didn't get a chance to play them a second time with a complete team.

    That being said....the rules are clear and that's the way you gotta play. Let the playoffs begin......
    Please note - in Garland's case, he didn't just lose 1 game and that cost him a spot. He lost 3. There were 5 teams tied with 6-6 records.

    The Gods of Football 6-6 1384 3-1 Lost to FL (Week 2), Beat MBN (Week 4), Beat TNT (Week 10), Beat Marrdro (Week 12)
    Favre Lovers 6-6 1244 3-1 Beat TNT (Week 1), Beat TGoF (Week 2), Lost to MBN (Week 3), Beat Marrdro (Week 4)
    My Big Nuts 6-6 1291 1-3 Lost to FL (Week 3), Lost to TGoF (Week 4), Lost to Marrdro (Week 6), Beat TNT (Week 11)
    Marrdro's Team 6-6 1243 1-3 Lost to FL (Week 4), Lost to TNT (Week 5), Beat MBN (Week 6), Lost to TGoF (Week 12)
    TNT's Traveling Free Agents 6-6 1195 1-3 Lost to FL (Week 1), Beat Marrdro (Week 5), Lost to TGoF (Week 10), Lost to MBN (Week 11)

    The top point-scorer in the entire league didn't make the playoffs (Purple Banana). How am I (or anyone) to know that he didn't make a decision to sit someone over someone else that made the difference in winning the key game to qualify?

    I can point at almost every loss I had this season and find a decision that I made with my roster (including BYE weeks) where I could have won that game. That's why, IMHO, head-to-head record is so important.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #30
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: 2010 PPO FF - Playoff Seedings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Garland Greene" #1080990
    Than makes some sense I guess It just seems like, head to head should be the final tie breaker and pints should be first. Your team could get beat only because the team you are playing has the higher score but your score could be higher than everyone else. In other words I could beat you 160-159 I still beat you but your 159 was more points then anyone else in the league that week. We finish the season tied and your point total for the season is 1500 and mine is only 1100. I don't think it would be fair to have you not make the playoffs and I do when you clearly scored more points then I did during the season only because I beat you by 1 point. Just my 2 cents oh well. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs! Thanks for putting this together again this year Zeus
    My guess is he just wanted to screw me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 NFL Playoff Scenario Generator
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 10:30 PM
  2. MVC 2010 Roster
    By Dekay in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM
  3. Happy 2010
    By Purple1ist in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
  4. 2010
    By 6-KINGS in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 11:29 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 09:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •