Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

2009 PPO FF - Post-season discussion

Okay - now that the 2009 PPO FF champion has been crowned (congrats Fuadfan!), I want to open this thread for discussion on the league setup in the hopes that changes can be made to improve the league (if it needs to be improved) in 2010.

First off - please no whining about the website. That is chosen by the man who pays the bill for this FREE (for you) league.

Second - I've already made the decision that a 16-player roster is about 2 too many.

So - now, your thoughts?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re:2009 PPO FF - Post-season discussion

My only thing I don't care for would be the statistics available about players; and I'm not sure that can be modified at all....

Nothing wrong with it, but there is no real simple way to look at FA's, stats, projected points, etc.

As always, thanks Webby and Zeus for setting it up!!! It was a blast again this year, even though I drafted a dud of a team!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL wrote:
    My only thing I don't care for would be the statistics available about players; and I'm not sure that can be modified at all....

Nothing wrong with it, but there is no real simple way to look at FA's, stats, projected points, etc.

As always, thanks Webby and Zeus for setting it up!!! It was a blast again this year, even though I drafted a dud of a team!
    Well - that's a website complaint. However, there are readily available reports that list everything you want, outside of "projected points", which I've always found to be a waste.

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Teams should only get 3 WRs and 2 start. The WR corps gets pretty thin at times and is what hurt me this year.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zeus wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:

Well - that's a website complaint. However, there are readily available reports that list everything you want, outside of "projected points", which I've always found to be a waste.

=Z=
    Even though it is a "Website" complaint, I would have to agree.

It is almost a waste of time to even try to manage a team from our site.

With the onset of RB by committee and injuries, you almost always have to work some sort of move each and every week to get the best matchups.

I am sure the Webster could ask the site if they could come up with a better way to list FA other than just alphabetically.

As far as "Non Website" complaints. I have none. Of all the leagues I play in, PPO seems to be the most organized.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:

With the onset of RB by committee and injuries, you almost always have to work some sort of move each and every week to get the best matchups.

I am sure the Webster could ask the site if they could come up with a better way to list FA other than just alphabetically.
    Again - do you guys know about the reports? Everything you're asking for is available under the Reports drop-down!

Try this: Reports -> Players -> Top Free Agents

Then use the drop-downs from that page to select the Free Agents in your division, with the ability to filter them based upon position. All the information you're looking for (outside of the projected points) is right there.

As far as "Non Website" complaints. I have none. Of all the leagues I play in, PPO seems to be the most organized.
    Thanks. We try.

=Z=

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:

Again - do you guys know about the reports? Everything you're asking for is available under the Reports drop-down!

Try this: Reports -> Players -> Top Free Agents

Then use the drop-downs from that page to select the Free Agents in your division, with the ability to filter them based upon position. All the information you're looking for (outside of the projected points) is right there.

Thanks. We try.

=Z=
    Must not work for me. I always get, "No Reports Available". Just assumed it was an additional expense that Webby couldn't afford.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D wrote:
    Teams should only get 3 WRs and 2 start. The WR corps gets pretty thin at times and is what hurt me this year.
    I actually don't mind the numbers. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing an increase.

Puts more emphasis on the draft as well as how you work the FA market during the season as young players emerge/injuries happen.

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    I actually don't mind the numbers. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing an increase.

Puts more emphasis on the draft as well as how you work the FA market during the season as young players emerge/injuries happen.
    The problem with 16-player rosters is that the available FA pool is shrunken. Also the issue with first-come, first-serve waivers.

=Z=

Marrdro wrote:
    Must not work for me. I always get, "No Reports Available". Just assumed it was an additional expense that Webby couldn't afford.
    Can you tell me EXACTLY what you are doing to get this "No Reports Available" error? Because I just went in there and ran the Report I detailed in the prior post so that I would make sure I gave you the correct one. And it worked. (James Harrison is available in the Yary division).

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast