Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    rttsbgtgb's Avatar
    rttsbgtgb is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    130

    Which 2 RB's to Start?

    I'm not in your guys' fantasy league, but I need some advice, because I'm having trouble deciding who to start.

    I need to start two running backs, and I have three I'm thinking about.

    Justin Fargas
    Jamal Lewis
    Travis Henry (or Selvin Young, because he's available if I need him)

    Fargas against Denver. Henry against Oakland. Lewis against Arizona.

    I made the brilliant decision of benching Ryan Grant, who got 21 points in my league in yesterday's game. So I have to make up for it.

    Any suggestions?

    P.S. I know I wasn't blessed with any of the great running backs of the league. I've had to make due with running backs like this all season. I'm on a five game winning streak, 8 of my last 9, in second place, making a run for first with two weeks left, so I have to make this current line up work a few more weeks. So save the jokes about my running backs - I know they aren't great.
    "We want the ball, and we're gonna score." - Matt Hasselbeck

  2. #2
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Which 2 RB's to Start?

    I'm not sure Henry or young are playing .. Usually I'm really on top of this stuff but I already clinched a playoff spot in my league and kind of slacked this week. I was under the impression that their third string "plug and play" running back was playing this week. So by default I would go with Lewis and Fargas... actually I would have gone with them regardless.

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Which 2 RB's to Start?

    "rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    I'm not in your guys' fantasy league, but I need some advice, because I'm having trouble deciding who to start.

    I need to start two running backs, and I have three I'm thinking about.

    Justin Fargas
    Jamal Lewis
    Travis Henry (or Selvin Young, because he's available if I need him)

    Fargas against Denver. Henry against Oakland. Lewis against Arizona.

    I made the brilliant decision of benching Ryan Grant, who got 21 points in my league in yesterday's game. So I have to make up for it.

    Any suggestions?

    P.S. I know I wasn't blessed with any of the great running backs of the league. I've had to make due with running backs like this all season. I'm on a five game winning streak, 8 of my last 9, in second place, making a run for first with two weeks left, so I have to make this current line up work a few more weeks. So save the jokes about my running backs - I know they aren't great.
    Fargas and Lewis.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,763

    Re: Which 2 RB's to Start?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    I'm not in your guys' fantasy league, but I need some advice, because I'm having trouble deciding who to start.

    I need to start two running backs, and I have three I'm thinking about.

    Justin Fargas
    Jamal Lewis
    Travis Henry (or Selvin Young, because he's available if I need him)

    Fargas against Denver. Henry against Oakland. Lewis against Arizona.

    I made the brilliant decision of benching Ryan Grant, who got 21 points in my league in yesterday's game. So I have to make up for it.

    Any suggestions?

    P.S. I know I wasn't blessed with any of the great running backs of the league. I've had to make due with running backs like this all season. I'm on a five game winning streak, 8 of my last 9, in second place, making a run for first with two weeks left, so I have to make this current line up work a few more weeks. So save the jokes about my running backs - I know they aren't great.
    Fargas and Lewis.

    =Z=
    agreed!

  5. #5
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Which 2 RB's to Start?



    I'm kind of stuck today also on who to start for my RB's....



    I'm in a big hole already, because of Sir Favre,
    the big loser laid a big egg for me on Thurs., night.....




    I have
    \


    Fargas,



    CT



    AP



    LT














    To chose from...




    I'm thinking of going with LT and Fargas.....But have this funny feeling that if I don't play AP, I'm going to be paying for it....



    Maybe I should just go with my gut and play AP and LT..... :


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #6
    rttsbgtgb's Avatar
    rttsbgtgb is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    130

    Re: Which 2 RB's to Start?

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    AP

    LT
    AP AND LT?!

    Wow. Lucky you. I wish I had a RB controversy like that.

    I say go with LT and AP. LT is an automatic start every week, I would think (except bye week). And Detroit sucks. I would be worried about AP just coming off an injury, but again, they suck.

    There's my great analysis.
    "We want the ball, and we're gonna score." - Matt Hasselbeck

  7. #7
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Which 2 RB's to Start?

    "rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    AP

    LT
    AP AND LT?!

    Wow. Lucky you. I wish I had a RB controversy like that.

    I say go with LT and AP. LT is an automatic start every week, I would think (except bye week). And Detroit sucks.

    There's my great analysis.




    AP and LT
    has been an awesome combo for me this season, and even when AP was out, I had CT to plug in for him, and CT did very well for me....





    I'm just a little worried, the coachs may try to hold back AP some today and share the load with CT......


    Then again, AP
    has that type of personality where he is going to take the field today and prove he is back.......





    I don't think I could go wrong with Fargas also.......But like I said, I may just go with my gut...matter of fact, I'm going to go plug in AP and LT right now... ;D


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  8. #8
    rttsbgtgb's Avatar
    rttsbgtgb is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    130

    Re: Which 2 RB's to Start?

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    matter of fact, I'm going to go plug in AP and LT right now... ;D
    Good choice.

    AP: 116 yards 2 TD's
    LT: 107 yards 1 TD

    (as of the time of this post, obviously)
    "We want the ball, and we're gonna score." - Matt Hasselbeck

  9. #9
    x-ray jeff's Avatar
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    812

    Re: Which 2 RB's to Start?

    I have the same. Only I was sure Peterson would not get much work today, so I did not start him. :

Similar Threads

  1. Where are the RB's in this draft?
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
  2. Which 2 to Start? RB's and WR's Great Options
    By MaxVike in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM
  3. Top 10 All-Time RB's
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
  4. We got our RB's coach
    By brbitker in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 12:08 AM
  5. Top Five RB's Right Now!!
    By CanadaViking in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 11:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •