Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: and the #1 pick is...?

"Benet" wrote:
    In the one fantasy draft I've had so far, Peyton Manning went first.
    Then you're playing with dopes.

Now - who would you draft first in an EPL FF league? Henry?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

=Z= You are on the right track, but LJ hands down seems a little brash.

For LJ, I have a couple of questions surrounding him. For one the obvious loss of Richardson. You don't just replace a perrenial all pro who has been opening holes for LJ and Priest for years. Secondly, they lost the Offensive Coordinator that has been calling plays for their prolific offense for years (He now resides in Washington, DC). Finally, while LJ had the best 9 game stint of any RB ever, he only started 9 games. He has yet to start a full 16 game schedule. If he started the whole year, would LJ have a busted up spine instead of Priest?

IMHO, LT has been too productive to discount him a the overall selection. I will admit that LJ is a good receiver, but do you remember when Brees first took over the QB position? LT caught 100 passes that year. If you are in a Points Per Reception league, you can't discount LT's receiving prowess. And if you buy into the fact that the offense will revert to the same philosophy with Rivers taking over the QB spot, LT makes an easy candidate for the top pick.

I'm not saying LJ isn't a legit top pick, but LT is certainly one as well.

:wink:

Edit: Grammar

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    One yeat I had the combo of alexander and Holmes...none the less I won my league by a very large margin lol...but for a number I pick I would go basically with your starting QB or your starting RB...and please dont be dumb and seect Jake Plummer lol
    Haha, my 1st year ever playing FF, I had Peyton Manning during his record breaking year, Shaun Alexander when he had the rushing title, and Curtis Martin when he lost the rushing title by a couple yards (or was it the other way around... I forget...) and I still came in second :sad: .
    As far as 1st overall picks go.... I might have to go with LT over LJ. People say with the loss of Brees his value goes down, but LT was good before Brees was productive, and LJ has lost a lot more in terms of players and coaches.
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

My first year (last year) I had Palmer and Alexander. I won that league. (lost the championship game in another with LT). I'm looking to do good this year, too.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    In the one fantasy draft I've had so far, Peyton Manning went first.
    Then you're playing with dopes.

Now - who would you draft first in an EPL FF league? Henry?

=Z=
    I don't disagree, the first, second, and third overall picks in my NFL.com draft were on auto-pilot. So was the last guy, who had the unenviable task of making a winning team after seeing his first 2 picks be wasted by auto-pilot on Eli Manning (bottom of the first round) and the Bills Defence (top of the second). No, I'm not making that up.

If there were a Premiership Fantasy Draft? Henry would go #1 overall. No doubt.

Then Frank Lampard.

Then Steven Gerrard.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Ladanian Tomlinson should always be the #1 pick for a few reasons.

-Tomlinson will be getting more carries this year due to the fact that Philip Rivers will still be learning the works of the NFL and when you have a great running back right there, its stupid to throw a majority of plays.

-Tomlinson gets a lot of receptions as well. He is arguably the best recieving running back in the NFL. Considering Rivers will not have a lot of targets to throw to when he does pass, expect Tomlinson to get more catches as well.

-Larry Johnson lost something that everyone forgets-the single best lead blocker in the NFL, Tony Richardson. He will still have success but it will be tougher for him to get that extra step without that incredible fullback there.

-Shaun Alexander lost arguably the best guard in the NFL, Steve Hutchinson. It will be just a little bit tougher running to the left side when your backup lets in the linebacker every other play.

-Shaun Alexander is on the Madden cover.

Prophet Guest

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

-Tomlinson will be getting more carries this year due to the fact that Philip Rivers will still be learning the works of the NFL and when you have a great running back right there, its stupid to throw a majority of plays.

-Tomlinson gets a lot of receptions as well. He is arguably the best recieving running back in the NFL. Considering Rivers will not have a lot of targets to throw to when he does pass, expect Tomlinson to get more catches as well.

-Larry Johnson lost something that everyone forgets-the single best lead blocker in the NFL, Tony Richardson. He will still have success but it will be tougher for him to get that extra step without that incredible fullback there.

-Shaun Alexander lost arguably the best guard in the NFL, Steve Hutchinson. It will be just a little bit tougher running to the left side when your backup lets in the linebacker every other play.

For those points and other ponts mentioned by others I agree that LT is #1. Consistent. Proven. Low risk.

I wonder who picked up the Chiefs FB and the Seahawks OG. I bet that team will be good.

Yeah that would have been awesome to pick up those two.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

I had LT last year. Didn't do quite as good near the end, but was still my best player on that team. I also had Alexander on another team.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

For those points and other ponts mentioned by others I agree that LT is #1. Consistent. Proven. Low risk.

I wonder who picked up the Chiefs FB and the Seahawks OG. I bet that team will be good.
    Yeah, I know... Wow.. Picking up one of them would do wonders, but what if a team picked up BOTH of those amazing players? :shock: It would probably do wonders for their running game. I see a super bowl coming THAT teams way this year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345