Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: and the #1 pick is...?

Peyton Manning proberly.. however without EJ, can he get it together??

Shaun Alexander - Madden 07 cover :> dud

LT .. Yeah, he's gonna get more handoffs with Rivers than with Brees i think.. considering Rivers basicly is a rookie coming into this season..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

a good running back

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Gotta go with the Cliche but for a reason move. A Running Back. In most FF systems, RBs score the most. I would go with LT or Larry Johnson. I would stir clear from using the first pick on Shuan Alexander this year.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

boognish is offline Coordinator

Definitely LT. S. Alexander would be #2 in my book. Last year I picked Dainty with my first pick and had to scramble to get back into contention because of it.

I'm moving Chester up on my board too; I think he's a big sleeper this year. I can also see Lamont Jordon and Tatum Bell having big years, if they can stay healthy.

I agree that Johnson, in KC, is a great back but that OL is getting old and their stud FB is playing for us now . He might have a tough year.
    I am a dipshit!!!

KorenWhiskey is offline Training Camp

What do you guys think about Steven Jackson. They say he is going to get alot more carries and Linehan had awesome rushing teams when he was here. I know he isn't #1, some people have people picks 5-8

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

LT or Peyton, depends on how the scoring in your league goes. Maybe Larry Johnson.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    Larry Johnson is considered the backup to Preist Holmes!!
    you serious? theres no way hes priests backup. dosnt have a snowballs chance in hell
    Ok, but even if Holmes doesn't retire, you still have a very good RB sitting on the bench!! You can't tell me Edwards isn't going to play him and give the entire job to Johnson!!!
    I believe that Larry Johnson has already been named starter and the Priest Holmes is now the back-up in KC. Here is a link where he discusses it: Larry Johnson QA

I think Larry Johnson is a great 1st round pick in FF. In 3 years in K.C. 2,416 yards rushing, 623 yards recieving, averages 5.1 yards a carry, and has a total of 33 TD's. thats an average of 11 TD's a year and an average of about 1,000 combined yards a season, and thats with 2 years as a backup. I think his numbers will only go up the more games he starts!

As for L.T. he is an awesome RB, but with an unproven QB whom may or may not be able to move the ball downfield and the lack of recieving core in SD, thats alot of pressure to put on one guy, which might equal more touches but increases chance of injury.

As for who to choose in the first round it definatly depends on the scoring system, in most leagues RB's get the most points because they usually get 1 point per 10 yards rushing and recieving and 6 points per TD, while the QB gets 1 point per 50yards passing and 6 points per TD. If you are in that type of league pick up a decent RB. I have also been in leagues where the RB is the same type scoring but the QB gets 1 point every 20y thrown and 6 points per TD. In those types of leagues if an elite back isn't available I would snag a great QB.

Just my 2 copper

Edit: Forgot to add a detail about FFL scoring, in some leagues where a WR gets a point per reception, it may behoove you to pick up a WR that will get alot of looks IE Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, etc... if the elite backs are gone.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

I know its a little cliche, but i was planning on taking LT!! Before preseason, i was thinking of Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson!! But when it comes down to it, the QB doesn't really need to be all that good to hand off to a RB!! Alexander lost his OG (oh yeah!) and Larry Johnson is considered the backup to Preist Holmes!!
    Larry Johnson is the #1 back in Kansas City - count on it. The Chiefs don't want Priest back because he's a major injury risk. There's lots of talk that he may retire.

LJ should be the #1 pick in *every* fantasy league this year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"mr.woo" wrote:
    Larry Johnson is considered the backup to Preist Holmes!!
    you serious? theres no way hes priests backup. dosnt have a snowballs chance in hell
    Ok, but even if Holmes doesn't retire, you still have a very good RB sitting on the bench!! You can't tell me Edwards isn't going to play him and give the entire job to Johnson!!!
    Why would you play someone who has spinal problems vs. the young kid who rushed for 1750 yards and 20 TDs in only 9 starts????

If Priest plays at all (HUGE question) it will be sparingly.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Priest will play some snaps this year...but not as the number 1 back. Priest's best days are well behind him. I'm curious to see who KC replaces Tony Richardson with. Having one of the leagues best FB's sure didnt hurt thier running game.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast