Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikesgirl is offline Rookie

Re: You're the coach of an NFL franchise..

"Vikes2611" wrote:
    I voted for the better behaved player. I did this because of the Patriots. That's a TEAM, you don't hear one person running his mouth in the media, that's why you don't hear a lot about them until playoff time. I find it awsome to watch how after every tackle, players on that team run over and high five. It's a winning enviornment, something that can't be built with a stuck up prick jawing to the media constantly.
    I'm with you on this one. I voted the less talented but better behaved. I have seen what happens when you have talent and no brains and run your mouth and try to run the team with your antics. No thanks.

The PATS quietly do their thing together with quite a few better behaved players.

The loose cannon always seems to cause the morale of the team to eventually deteriorate and you wind up w/ fighting and bickering. Who needs that?

Look at T.O. He wasn't happy in S.F and now he apparently isn't happy in Philly either, people like that while they may have tremendous talent just become a huge drain on their team. (Moss is included in this one.)
    VIKES fan for life!

T-Bone is offline Rookie

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Oh, I'm pissed now, now I'm gonna go postal !

my bad, sometimes you don't think straight when you're tired or thinking about something else.. if you know what I mean. You are correct, the proper way to phrase that would be "talented, yet controversial player with the potential to be a superstar" the athlete who exhibitis a characteristic trait found to be negative but with his abilities could make it big at the next level. How's that teach? :smile:
    Relax DV...sometimes you try too hard to sound smart.

A successful franchise should always use character and intelligence in grading the draft picks. Sure Onterrio has great potential, but you gotta wonder if he took the short bus to school. He won't do us much good this year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DemonicViking" wrote:

my bad, sometimes you don't think straight when you're tired or thinking about something else.. if you know what I mean. You are correct, the proper way to phrase that would be "talented, yet controversial player with the potential to be a superstar" the athlete who exhibitis a characteristic trait found to be negative but with his abilities could make it big at the next level. How's that teach? :smile:
    A+ for you...vikesgirl will be 'round with your gold star later on! :wink:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"vikesgirl" wrote:
    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    I voted for the better behaved player. I did this because of the Patriots. That's a TEAM, you don't hear one person running his mouth in the media, that's why you don't hear a lot about them until playoff time. I find it awsome to watch how after every tackle, players on that team run over and high five. It's a winning enviornment, something that can't be built with a stuck up prick jawing to the media constantly.
    I'm with you on this one. I voted the less talented but better behaved. I have seen what happens when you have talent and no brains and run your mouth and try to run the team with your antics. No thanks.

The PATS quietly do their thing together with quite a few better behaved players.

The loose cannon always seems to cause the morale of the team to eventually deteriorate and you wind up w/ fighting and bickering. Who needs that?

Look at T.O. He wasn't happy in S.F and now he apparently isn't happy in Philly either, people like that while they may have tremendous talent just become a huge drain on their team. (Moss is included in this one.)
    I'm with these guys way of thinking.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

"T-Bone" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:

Relax DV...sometimes you try too hard to sound smart.

A successful franchise should always use character and intelligence in grading the draft picks. Sure Onterrio has great potential, but you gotta wonder if he took the short bus to school. He won't do us much good this year.
    First off, someone pointed out the error of my ways, I ate crow and corrected the situation. I wasn't being sore about it, you failed to comprehend.. excuse me.. understand the sarcastic nature involved in the posting. Secondly, I don't make it a point to blindly throw out words I have no grasping of or attempt to elaborate on a topic that I don't know much about. If I have an idea about something then I might express an opinion or two on it and do so without being limitied in my vocabulary. Shall I communicate on a 2nd grade level to meet your standards?

Since I did bring up this topic, it's only right to give my two cents concerning it. If I could land someone who had both the skills and the acceptable character then I'd draft that player. If it were between the "punk" who had more game then the better behaved indivdual I'd be more inclined to take the one who had more talent.. chancy? indeed. Yet I think it's kind of superfical to overlook the talent of one just because the other is the poster boy for good behavior. Naturally I'd want someone who could play which is the more significant thing here, but I also like it when they bring some personality to the sport, obviously some of that would have to be toned down since the NFL is anal about almost everything, but it would still be worth it.. as long as they wouldn't be demanding more money and threatin' to not play or play indolently and constantly hold that "me-first" attitude.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It all depends on the situation.. If you are looking for a play-maker to win you games if you are losing.. take the more talented guy.. If you are doing alright and just need to add a little talent take the guy with character.. and if you dominate well take the best player and dont let him play if he acts up..
    Im more a chance guy.. If someone can bring the talent game in and game out but has a little attitude id take him.. ( I wanted Chris Henry this year)..

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I have to go with the player with the better talent. I seem to remember a certain player who dropped to the 18th spot because of character issues and he turned out well for us. I believe that MOST (not all, but most) players will mature and although they may not be saints (see Moss) they will not be destructive to the team. Plus, their talent and production will outshine their shortcomings off the field.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12