Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Young Not Happy With Role With Titans

[size=13pt]Titans' Young pushing to play[/size]

ESPN.com news services

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young isn't saying "play me or trade me," but he's coming pretty close.

In an interview with Baltimore's WMAR-TV, Young said if he doesn't win back his starting job, he wants to move on. The problem is that Kerry Collins is still the starter.

"I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans," Young said, according to the television station. "At the same time, if them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball. If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."

A couple of people at work
    were actually talking about him being a good fit for the Vikes. Damn I almost sounded like C mac D and Tad advocating for Tjack over Vince Young.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Young Not Happy With Role With Titans

Wow... that kid has some cajones.

"Garland" wrote:
    were actually talking about him being a good fit for the Vikes. Damn I almost sounded like C mac D and Tad advocating for Tjack over Vince Young.
    lol
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"Garland" wrote:

lol! better print off those graphs

Yeah Vince young..no thanks
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Charles Woodson and Nick Collins would like it a lot if the Vikes signed Vince Young.
    ;D

Seriously, though. I wonder where he'll end up if he gets released. The trade value will probably be pretty minimal. Maybe he'll go to the 49ers for a 6th round pick or something. They like to keep their best QB, Shaun Hill, out of the game as much as possible.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Maybe as a FB...

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

If he has any pride he should want to EARN the money they are paying him.

He just needs to work hard and win his job back!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

His comments are not jiving.
    How long does he think that Collins will stay around in this league.
    All Collins has to do is stink for a couple quarters or the team loses a couple games and people will be saying he can't play and that VY should be the guy.

I think that the winning of games has given Collins a false sense of accomplishment as a "good" QB.
    Just saying that the winning and his success are linked just like his success and losing could be linked.
    The Titans have to earn those wins again this year as a team.
    If any
    one of the links in winning are broken, Collins will probably easily be scrutinized as too old whether it is his fault or not.

My problem with VY in this article is he sounds like a spoiled kid who has been handed the starting job before..... LOL he was.
    To paraphrase, if I don't earn the job I deserve to play for another team, where does he think he will be handed another starting job?
    I don't know what his contract is for, but I find it difficult to believe that another team wants to pick it up.

Stink let him have it in the video clip.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Stink really blasted him on NFL Live, but Stink has blasted Tarvaris also. Stink looks down his nose at anybody who isn't John Elway.

VY is not getting the fundamental coaching he needs apparantly, and it shows in his delivery. The guy is used to being the best athlete on the field in college, and now he is just another great athlete in the NFL. His coping skills and maturity are lacking. He's better dig down deep and re-evaluate himself and then rededicate to learning the basic QB skills and fundamentals, starting with that awful delivery, and pension to leave the pocket way to early.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

He has enough football ability to start, it is just his character issues that teams have to worry about, and that is why he does not have a starting job right now. I am sure there are other teams, not the titans, that are willing to make the trade if he wants one. He should just shut his mouth, win a superbowl as a back up this year, and start next year.
    We're bringing purple back.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Young has Athletic talent no doubt, But he can't seem to put it together and translate it on the field. Some QB's are great athletes, but like the league proves, sometimes great athletes don't make great QB's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast