Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Yet Another Bengal Gets Busted

[size=18px]YET ANOTHER BENGAL GETS BUSTED[/size]
    From PFT
    It's happened again, folks.

Another Bengal on the wrong side of the law.

This time, it's guard Eric Steinbach, who was charged with boating under the influence.

Steinbach was busted on Saturday night on the Ohio River in Kentucky. The Bengals were off of Sunday.

Steinbach is the fifth Bengal player to be arrested since the end of the 2005 season. Another player, linebacker Odell Thurman, is facing a four-game suspension for violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

Meanwhile, coach Marvin Lewis passed out T-shirts on Monday with the team's catchy "No Pain, No Gain"-type slogan for 2006.

The front of the shirt says "Innocent Until Proven Guilty."

The back of it says "Chris Henry Went To Jail Five Times And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Yet Another Bengal Gets Busted

Wow, Marvin Lewis really needs to take controll of his team.He needs to grow some hair on his peaches and do something about his players.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I heard on the radio this morning that Steinbach was charged with operating a boat while under the influence, and "Ignoring a posted no-wake zone".

If it weren't for all the other problems the Bengals are having, I'm not sure that this would even make the news.

As things stand, however, it certainly does say something about how the team is being run when a starter (and a pro-bowl alternate last year according to Mike and Mike), even after all the problems the team has been having with the law, doesn't think twice before drinking out on his boat, and not having someone there to drive the thing.

I've heard a couple people on local radio joke that the Bengals are the new Vikings (always alluding to all the times Moss made it into the news, and local = Chicago). Well, now the Bengals have their own boat incident. The transformation is complete. Sorry, Cinncinati.

Prophet Guest

The only thing left to do now is have one of their players caught flying an airplane intoxicated.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

And being a Viking Fans who only lives 40 miles from the Ben-Gals stadium I am loving every minute of it! I'll tell ya one thing though, we need some Minneapolis/St. Paul sportswriters here. These local writers just look the other way or gloss over this stuff. The Bengals can do no wrong.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

Wow they need to get the eyes off them.

Next thing you know you will be reading about how one of their O-lineman has skidmarks on his fruit of the looms......

Seriously...boating under the influence.

Prophet Guest

You do have to be pretty clueless to get busted with while boating under the influence. I thought it was illegal to boat without drinking. The Bengals definitely have the media looking for anything they can to add to their misery this year.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    You do have to be pretty clueless to get busted with while boating under the influence. I thought it was illegal to boat without drinking. The Bengals definitely have the media looking for anything they can to add to their misery this year.
    Hell I think my boat has a beer tap mounted in the dash.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:

Next thing you know you will be reading about how one of their O-lineman has skidmarks on his fruit of the looms......

and alot of people die from it every year...just like a DUI in a motor vehicle. A very selfish preventable crime.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

and alot of people die from it every year...just like a DUI in a motor vehicle. A very selfish preventable crime.
    besides you would either have to be white trash or an ignorant azz to operate anything mechanical while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast