Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Are This Year's Detroit Lions The 2000 Vikings?

Looking at the Lions roster with two great WR in Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams, a nice QB but nothing special in Kitna and only one good running back, are they the mirror image of the 2000 Vikings who went 11-5.
    That year the Vikes had the #5 offense in the NFL but the #24 defense.
    They say "defense wins games," but that certainly wasn't true with the Vikings.
    I look for Detroit to be vastly improved this year. Their games with the Vikings will certainly be interesting to watch. Far more exciting that the Chicago or GB games in my estimation.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Are This Year's Detroit Lions The 2000 Vikings?

I think they could be dangerous, but they always find a way to lose.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

While this might be true, we are talking about the Detroit Lions.. I just can't see them with over 10 wins.

And on a side note... How the hell does Millen still have a job?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Looking at the Lions roster with two great WR in Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams, a nice QB but nothing special in Kitna and only one good running back, are they the mirror image of the 2000 Vikings who went 11-5.
    I look for Detroit to be vastly improved this year. Their games with the Vikings will certainly be interesting to watch. Far more exciting that the Chicago or GB games in my estimation.
    who is this so called good rb??

Thanks josdin00

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

they will still stink..theyre still not any better than the vikings
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think that they have the possibility of looking like the Vikes on offense, but their defense isn't good enough to even beat out the 2000 Vikings defense.
    They were 28th last year, and 29th so far this year.
    Plus, we didn't have nearly the interception problem in 2000 or 1999 that Detroit had last year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    who is this so called good rb??
    Notice I said "good" NOT great! It's Tatum Bell who they picked up from the Broncos.
    I also see Mike Fury and Shawn McDonald making this an awesome passing offense.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Mirror image?

We had a 1st year starter in Culpepper, they have an aging vet in Kitna (different type of QB styles as well)

We had 2 future Hall of Fame WRs, they have an unproven rookie and a player who's had one good year.

We had Robert Smith, they have nothing close to a 1500 yard rusher

We had a Pro Bowl OL with Steussie, Dixon, Christy, McDaniel (I believe...), and Stringer.
    They have an overpaid Backus, overweight Woody, slightly above average center in Raiola, underacheiving George Foster etc.

Not even close...

All the Lions have done from previous year is replaced their previous first round bust WRs for another question mark, picked up a bust in George Foster and picked up castaway RBs Bell and Duckett.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I don't see them anywhere near the Vikes of 2000, but that offense could put up some numbers.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Those who forget Mike Furrey are doomed to be royally fucked by him.
    He led the NFC in receptions last year!
    Calvin Johnson, as touted as he is, has done NOTHING in the NFL.
    You have no clue whether or not he's Roy or Mike Williams.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast