Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WTF is Cris Collinsworth saying?

"baumy300" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

I know poeple richer than them that go out ant rob people. What about the CEOs of companies that rip people off.
    What? What does this have to do with murder? As far as the CEO's who do that: Screw them too! They are criminals as well.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    However, it is unforunate that 5 young individuals will never reach their full potential and so many lifetimes have been lost.
    Oh yes
    : They were on their way to such great things. Two burglaries and one murder in a span of a few days. What was next? Mass murder and extortion? Don;t act like they were on a religious mission or finding a cure for some disease. It's probably good they were stopped now and not before they could harm even more people.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Just remember before this the media was trying o portary Sean Taylor as someone from the Hood, whose past finally caught up with him
    So just because he is from the "hood" we shouldn't be angry that he was murdered? His life was taken. They portray these idiots as victims, and then they take Sean Taylor - who was turning his lief around - and want to trash talk him. That to me is all BS.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I'm just happy that 1 reporter was able to separate his opinion from all the crap the news spews to us on a daily basis.
    You're right. Taylor was just a thug up to no good with his wife and child that night when these poor souls accidentally stumbled into his home - again - and happened to kill him. That dang media.
    You missed my point. My point was that he wasn't from the hood, he wasn't a violent person and he wasn't "urning his life around". The guy lived in a town house a few miles from me and would go out to the pond behind his house to fish all the time. He was great to the neigboor hood kids and I saw him at clubs in DC all he time. It's the same media that jumped to cruxify Sean that is now painting this kids as Thugs. People do stupid things. Maybe it's the Christian in me that makes me compasionate those that I know have done wrong.

If you think it's not unfortunate that kids still in their teens are going to face 25 - life in jail, then I hope you have lived your life as Holy as you preach. Surely in your past there must be something that had it gone another way, you could be facing serious time behind bars.

As a kid I got into fights at school. I was bullied my freshman year in High School and hit a kid with a chair. Had I struck him and killed him, i would have most likly been tried as an adult( thanks to that unbaised american justic system) and would have gone to jail for a long time. I'm just trying to illustrate how often things can go wrong. What about the watchout man in the car, Do they deserve to be tried with murder?

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

wow a pretty intense discussion.
    I see Kevin's point, that its not a simple black or whtie issue and that these kids had lives and I'm sure good qualities about them.
    Thus they are not complete demons, but and this is the big "but".
    They chose to shoot and kill a human.
    No matter the circumstances they still did it.
    Thus they must be willing to pay for this crime. No matter how messed up the situation may be.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

That's your opinion.
    If those punks killed someone I loved, they wouldn't have to worry about prison...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    That's your opinion.
    If those punks killed someone I loved, they wouldn't have to worry about prison...
    Yes, you would have to then pay for your actions as well.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    That's your opinion.
    Lol what a dumb arse. I guess Cris shouldn't be saying talking about how unfortunate your situation would be? Aren' you proving my point that there is more to the story than just Victim X and Suspect X. These people have families and I'm sure when you are behind bars your family members would be just as devastated.

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    wow a pretty intense discussion.
    I see Kevin's point, that its not a simple black or whtie issue and that these kids had lives and I'm sure good qualities about them.
    Thus they are not complete demons, but and this is the big "but".
    They chose to shoot and kill a human.
    No matter the circumstances they still did it.
    Thus they must be willing to pay for this crime. No matter how messed up the situation may be.

Mike
    Good comment. I agree they should be punsihed but I don't get he way people look at hem as sub human. The same people who just talked about killing someone in COLD blood who Accidently murdered their family member. Ironic!

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    That's your opinion.

Mike
    Yes I would...
    I'm responsible for my actions.
    But they certainly wouldn't kill anyone again.
    Edmund Burke

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    That's your opinion.

Mike
    Yes I would...
    Congrats.... but who would kill you to make sure you won't kill anyone else?

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    That's your opinion.

Mike
    Yes I would...
    Congrats.... but who would kill you to make sure you won't kill anyone else?
    Whoever wanted to try.
    Edmund Burke

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    That's your opinion.

Mike
    Yes I would...
    Wow, so what your telling me is your not in control of your actions.
    Someone kills a close member of your family and your only course of action is too kill the other person.
    While its a tragedy, you have thus created more pain and another ruined life (Yours) for your family to deal with because you feel revenge is the only way to vindicate your lost comrade.

Sorry man its my opinion that its a waste.
    Their are a ton more productive ways of grieving your loved ones loss.

Mike

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast