Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Would u guys accept if Vikes pick Mathias Kiwanuka from BC??

"Jeremy" wrote:
    Udeze won't be around much longer though. That "microfracture" operation almost always ends a pro athletes career. Still, I wouldn't want a DE in the first unless it's Mario Williams.
    Do BETTER research...Jeremy spoke...out of his A$$ again toda-a-a-a-a-a-y!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfracture_surgery

A quote from the article:

"Current studies have shown a success rate of 75 to 80 percent among patients 45 years of age or younger, even among professional athletes.[3][5] With the help of physical therapy, patients can often return to sports (or other intense activities) in about 4 months. However, this is a best-case scenario and depends on the severity of the cartilage damage (and any other conditions existing in the knee). Chris Webber, who underwent the surgery, has stated that a full recovery in 4 months is nearly impossible. Webber returned to the NBA eight months after his surgery but did not feel "like himself" until several years later."

Webber, Jason Kidd and Zach Randolph have returned to the levels that they were at prior to their surgeries.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    Udeze won't be around much longer though. That "microfracture" operation almost always ends a pro athletes career. Still, I wouldn't want a DE in the first unless it's Mario Williams.
    Do BETTER research...[size=18px]Jeremy spoke...out of his A$$ again toda-a-a-a-a-a-y!!![/size]

"Current studies have shown a success rate of 75 to 80 percent among patients 45 years of age or younger, even among professional athletes.[3][5] With the help of physical therapy, patients can often return to sports (or other intense activities) in about 4 months. However, this is a best-case scenario and depends on the severity of the cartilage damage (and any other conditions existing in the knee). Chris Webber, who underwent the surgery, has stated that a full recovery in 4 months is nearly impossible. Webber returned to the NBA eight months after his surgery but did not feel "like himself" until several years later."

Webber, Jason Kidd and Zach Randolph have returned to the levels that they were at prior to their surgeries.
    LMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Athletes overcome these injuries all the time.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I would be, dissapointed!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

chilifoot is offline Starter

lol @ cajunvike!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Definitely not.

The only way I'd be happy with a DE this year is if we got Mario Williams, but that's never gonna happen.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    Do BETTER research...Jeremy spoke...out of his A$$ again toda-a-a-a-a-a-y!!!

Allan Houston, Penny Hardaway, Terrell Brandon, Jamal Mashburn none of these guy played anywhere near the same level after surgery. Terrell Davis was in his prime then he had the same surjury. Stephen Davis had it done last offseason and fell apart by the end of the year.

The "sucess" rate among athletes is not that good.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    Do BETTER research...[size=18px]Jeremy spoke...out of his A$$ again toda-a-a-a-a-a-y!!![/size]

LMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Athletes overcome these injuries all the time.
    Actaully they don't

From All-Stars like Jason Kidd, Webber and Hardaway to lesser-knowns like Pat Garrity, Matt Harpring and Eduardo Najera, microfracture surgery has become the "it" procedure of the NBA.

Hardly ever has it been by choice. While the surgery has been a career-saver for some, it's been a career-killer for most. For every Kidd, who seems to have recovered nicely from his 2004 operation, there are two Terrell Brandons and Jamal Mashburns, once star players who quickly faded postsurgery.

The startling "has-been" rate is what makes Stoudemire's injury so potentially worrisome.
    Linky Linky

I hope Udeze comes back full strength but even if he doesn't I don't want a DE. I think we need an LB, and a proven one, not just a guy who people think might be a good LB.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Would u guys accept if Vikes pick Mathias Kiwanuka from

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    I hope Udeze comes back full strength but even if he doesn't I don't want a DE. I think we need an LB, and a proven one, not just a guy who people think might be a good LB.
    I agree, we don't need another DE right now.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123