Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Worst Commentator/Analyst

Every time I read the title of this thread I have a difficult time not envisioning myself waterboarding Joe Buck and then saying, fuck it, and grabbing his head and holding it under water for 30 seconds at a time while he gasps for air inbetween bouts and then tossing him onto Bourbon Street at midnight with a "Fuck the Saints" t-shirt on.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

I dont mind joe buck. collingsworth, theisman can suck it.

My favorites:

Pat Summerall (he pwns all announcers in my lifetime, dont remember cosell. is there a better football voice?)

Jim Nance
    Phill Simms
    Dick Stockton
    The goose (not an announcer, but tells you how it is)
    Al Michaels
    Mike Tirico

And of course, radio is PA.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

forgot to mention that I like Gruden a lot as well.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

TARKenton wrote:
    forgot to mention that I like Gruden a lot as well.
    Me too! Probably my favorite.

On NFL.com under "videos" you can watch game highlights with radio announcer commentary. Whose voice do I hear when I watch the Vikings highlights? I love it!

I think on this site, and I guess just in general, people complain about commentators/analysts FAAAAAR too much.

I personally like Buck, though he can be annoying at times. I also really like Aikman. I think he tries too hard to be a non-homer sometimes.

As far as my favorites: Collinsworth, Gumbel, Stockton, Berrenger, Baldinger, Tom Jackson, Jaws, Tirico, Michaels and a few others spring to mind right away.

There are very few I cannot stand, but Dierdorf does annoy me, not because he is a bad guy, but because he is a bad announcer.

I really have grown to love NFLN on Gamedays and dislike FOX, CBS and ESPN pre-game stuff. In particular ESPN, not because of the commentating, but the lame ass featurettes they do (anyone see the completely stupid one on Terrell Suggs this week?).

Ones off the top of my head I know I dislike are Keyshawn, Jamie Dukes, Ditka and Dilfer.
    None

TARKenton wrote:
    I dont mind joe buck. collingsworth, theisman can suck it.

My favorites:

Pat Summerall (he pwns all announcers in my lifetime, dont remember cosell. is there a better football voice?)

Jim Nance
    Phill Simms
    Dick Stockton
    The goose (not an announcer, but tells you how it is)
    Al Michaels
    Mike Tirico

And of course, radio is PA.

Did you watch the Ole Miss vs Oklahoma State Bowl game?? Pat Summerall who I really used to like was not at his best to say the least. It got to the point where Darryl 'Moose' Johnston was correcting him and making light of all the incorrect statements he was making.

There is no doubt that I loved it when it was Madden/Summerall.

Al Michaels is the best IMO right now. I will say that I LOVE listening to Gruden and PA call games as well for their excitement (I know some think these guys are over exuberant).

purplecords is offline Waterboy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't waste your money on a t-shirt. Spray paint works just fine.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It goes in tiers for me:

Tier 1
    Joe Buck/Troy Aikman Combo (Aikman might be better without buck, hard to say)
    Tony Kornheiser
    Bryant Gumbel
    Michael Irvin (about as big of a douchebag as they come in person, and is a blatant homer, picking Romo and Austin as the best QB and WR in the league? Fuck off)

Tier 2
    Deion Sanders
    Jamie Dukes
    Rod Woodson
    Terry Bradshaw
    Steve Marriucci (it gets to the point where the Brett Favre ass-kissing is a tad bit annoying)

I thought Emmit Smith was an epic fail as an analyst obviously as ESPN dumped him so quick ditto with the Bus (Bettis)and NBC

I really dislike Colinsworth his voice drives me nuts and he does not add anything relevant imo. He will pick out one to two game traits and not shutup about them.

Aikman- Buck combo is awful. I think they are the absolute worst. They both have such dry monotone voices it kills me. Buck just promotes a certain air of arrogance. Why they continue to give Aikman Cowboy games I dunno. As a broadcaster for a national broadcast you should be impartial but its tough to do when you were a hero for a franchise for gods sake Aikman was wearing a Cowboy superbowl ring this last broadcast (side note he wasnt as bad this last game)

Theisman is horribly annoying thank god is gone from the MNF booth.

Jason LaCanforna- NFL N loses credibility with this guy as their insider.

As for broadcasters I enjoy:

Pat Summeral- I watch the Cotton bowl just to hear him call a game
    Al Michaels- True professional, polished broadcaster
    Chris Berman- Best nicknames and love his highlight packages
    Darryl Johnston- Provides some great analysis, knowledgeable
    Ron Jaworski- Watches a ton of film and brings a great knowledge of the game
    Paul Allen- His calls give me chills. I really want someone to sync his calls with the video highlights of the Cowboys game. NFL video sometimes does this and I quite enjoy it

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

mnvikes61 wrote:
    Joe Buck has to be my #1 worst commentator of all time. During the play where there was a penalty for running into the kicker, which was utter b.s, he kept saying how the Vikings accepted the penalty and lost 20 yards of field position. Excuse me? How the hell can the Vikings who were penalized accept or decline it? He kept talking about it for like 5 minutes and then finally someone told him what a bonehead he was and corrected himself. How the hell did this man get his own show on HBO!
    Right on mnvikes61. First of all it was a dubious call at best. Did our guy actually run into the kicker or was he blocked toward him where the kicker appeared to step on him? No clarification of the rule (running into vs. roughing) by either Buck or Aikman. Then the Cowboys re-punted and the Vikings lost significant field position. Then Buck went on and on and on about what a mistake the Vikings made by declining the penalty and re-punting. Huh? What a blithering idiot. My friends and I were all asking what the hell is this guy going on about- he has no clue. I've seen some blunders but this one ranks up there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast