cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Wonder why we didn't look at this OG?

Dude started for the Ravens last year...gotta be decent at least!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3505730
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Wonder why we didn't look at this OG?

Tice likes to develop Gaurds through the draft, which is smart since if you persue mediocre guys through FA than you're going to spend way more than you should.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    Tice likes to develop Gaurds through the draft, which is smart since if you persue mediocre guys through FA than you're going to spend way more than you should.
    Good point...but if we are gonna make a big push this year AND Tice wants to save his job in the process, he will have to start thinking short term (meaning get as many vets as possible to help the team win NOW) if he wants to be successful. Personally, I think that the Vikes should bring back Dixon and let him take over the RG spot again this season...drafting a rookie won't help this year at all!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Tice must have a plan if we haven't addressed it. Or he thinks the guys we have now are going to work.

Loyal to his guys! Good or Bad.

Did you see that Lacina is back?

As a assistant coach type position. It is on viking.com if you would like to check it out.

Skyliner is offline Rookie

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Good point...but if we are gonna make a big push this year AND Tice wants to save his job in the process, he will have to start thinking short term (meaning get as many vets as possible to help the team win NOW) if he wants to be successful. Personally, I think that the Vikes should bring back Dixon and let him take over the RG spot again this season...drafting a rookie won't help this year at all!
    Of course the viks should bring back Dixion. He’ll be cheap and he will get the job done. But he gonna need replacing pretty soon. And Liwienski needs some motivation to say the least. I see a OG coming to the team soon probably in the Draft rounds 2 or 3.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Dude started for the Ravens last year...gotta be decent at least!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3505730

Yeah, what are we doing at guard anyways? I heard at one time, that lewinski was gonna move to RG. So then is dixon not coming back or at least not soming back as a starter? Do we have someone that we are planning on starting at LG? I personally like nat dorsey, even though he struggled at times last year, and would like to see what he can do at guard.

But Tice is great at developing young O-lineman, so we will probably draft one in the later rounds and develope him.

Tice would be insane not to bring Dixon back, he may be older but he played one of his best years last year. At one point in the season the announcers were saying he was leading the league in knockdown blocks/pancakes. He is also willing to sign for less, so we get a good player for a low price.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Dixon better come back. The guy has bled purple for a long time, if he still has the willigness, I want him back!!!!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Dixon for sure. At the very least, to help the younger guys develop, but he should start.