Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Wisconsin Budget Crisis Solved: Sell the Green Bay

Thought people might get a kick our of this article!

But even Scott Walker says that his proposal to eliminate most collective bargaining rights for state workers and to cut back their health and pension plans will only take $300 million off a coming $3 billion deficit. Where else can Wisconsin get money?

Walker could start by selling the Green Bay Packers. Decades after Akron and Pottsville and Kenosha dropped out of the football business, Green Bay is still, somehow, in possession of an NFL team. It makes no sense. An outdated system of socialized public ownership has enabled an obscure small city to occupy a place in pro sports that by all economic logic should go to a wealthy metropolis.

:sick:

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Wisconsin Budget Crisis Solved: Sell the Green Bay

I am sure Defroster will chime in on this one at some point. There will probably be a Halas reference thrown in there too. lol

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Vikes" #1089990

But even Scott Walker says that his proposal to eliminate most collective bargaining rights for state workers and to cut back their health and pension plans will only take $300 million off a coming $3 billion deficit. Where else can Wisconsin get money?

Walker could start by selling the Green Bay Packers. Decades after Akron and Pottsville and Kenosha dropped out of the football business, Green Bay is still, somehow, in possession of an NFL team. It makes no sense. An outdated system of socialized public ownership has enabled an obscure small city to occupy a place in pro sports that by all economic logic should go to a wealthy metropolis.

Just hearing the name scott walker makes my skin crawl. I think more of my Charmin than I do about that asswipe.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1090005
    Quote Originally Posted by "Vikes" #1089990

Just hearing the name scott walker makes my skin crawl. I think more of my Charmin than I do about that asswipe.
    Hmmmm....I feel quite the opposite.

But selling the Packers wouldn't generate enough to cover the short fall. They'd also have to sell the Brewers, the Bucks, and the Dells......

...oh, wait...if they sell the Bucks they'll owe money to the buyer....

DAMN, back in the red we go!!

Caine

dfosterf is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090002
    I am sure Defroster will chime in on this one at some point. There will probably be a Halas reference thrown in there too. lol
    I thought I'd mention that I think the Bears still owe us money. :P

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1090041
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090002
    I thought I'd mention that I think the Bears still owe us money. :P
    LMAO.

Maybe they can pay the Packers and the Packers can give it to Wisconsin so they can pay Minnesota the 58 million in tax reciprocity they owe us.......