Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Willie Anderson Cut

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    Willie is a RIGHT tackle not left I seriously doubt our staff would add him to the opposite side that he is used to. Also they prefer younger guys they won't add a 33 year old this at this point.
    And Hicks is a guard.

I think he's worth a giving a shot to.
    Of the players I have seen released he would make the most sense to pick up. Yes he is a RT but he is better than Cook also. Having another Solid Vet on the Line is only going to help this team no matter where he plays. I am normally not a fan of the Player X was released lets pick him up but thsi one does make the most sense. OL needs some more Veterran leadership right now and Lets face it COOK IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!
    Comeon my friend.
    Absolutely horrible?

Someone please pull of the thread that had the stats from last year were it showed how the right side did with Cook/Hicks compared to Cook/Herrera.

If memory serves the once collegiate C who was shoved in at RT didn't play that gol 'darnit bad especially when you compare the yardage (I think it was only about 1 yard per carry difference or something like that) per carry on the ground.

Absolutely horrible indeed.
    No way they give up on Cook for this guy.
    As to his ability to step in for Mac, I am not so sure he would/could do that either.

He is a RT for a reason.
    Mostly because of footspeed/hand placement and agility/mobility.
    Taking those physical limitations into account along with the fact that he hasn't even taken one snap in a ZB scheme and he hasn't played LT in what 12 years, I don't see the staff freaking out and giving the 3-6 mill he will want.

Nope, we will pass on Willie, take what we have through the 4 game suspension, tie a TE to Hicks jiggly butt for every play and run a two gaurd set on the left side for 4 games.

Should be good enough against the 4 RDEs we have to face in that time frame.

;D
    Have to disagree Marr Cook is Horrible at RT. One reason he played Center especially at his size was because he needs to have
    people playing on the side of him. Another reason why they put a TE Next to him. he can't block. I don't want to give up on Cook. I was actually hoping he could move back to Center where I think he can be solid but. Having played both Center and Tackle in HS and College I can say there is a huge difference between moving from T to C Like I did, than from C to T. The main reason being is the footwork and technique. Cook does not have it at Tackle. If we put a TE on Hicks side it wil totally expose our Right side. I really like Herrera but having him next to Cook is a very bad idea. I would love tio have him next to Anderson. A Solid veteran on the OL is exactly what this team needs. Remember everyone is so up on letting TJack develop. So how can not putting a veteran OL in front of him not do anything but help him?
    But you just said it yourself my friend.......

Give him some time and he will be one of the best at RT.
    I need to go find that post(s) that showed that he really didn't do that bad last year.
    When/if I can find them you will see that his stats bear that out and you will see what I'm talking about.

Quick question, how did you do when you switched?
    He did it at the highest level and was a nice suprise if you take everything into account with respect to that switch.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Trust me and the people that watch the bengals. Anderson has lost 3 steps. He's slow and old. Worse then cook but better then Hicks at Lt I'm sure. But he wouldn't come here for 4 games and switch positions. The vikes aren't even concidering him so this don't even matter

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    Trust me and the people that watch the bengals. Anderson has lost 3 steps. He's slow and old. Worse then cook but better then Hicks at Lt I'm sure. But he wouldn't come here for 4 games and switch positions. The vikes aren't even concidering him so this don't even matter
    How do you know they are not considering him? I would almost guarantee his name has come up in the front office.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=FuadFan link=topic=47448.msg827535#msg827535 date=1220135772]
    Willie is a RIGHT tackle not left I seriously doubt our staff would add him to the opposite side that he is used to. Also they prefer younger guys they won't add a 33 year old this at this point.
    And Hicks is a guard.

I think he's worth a giving a shot to.
    Of the players I have seen released he would make the most sense to pick up. Yes he is a RT but he is better than Cook also. Having another Solid Vet on the Line is only going to help this team no matter where he plays. I am normally not a fan of the Player X was released lets pick him up but thsi one does make the most sense. OL needs some more Veterran leadership right now and Lets face it COOK IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!
    Comeon my friend.
    Absolutely horrible?

Someone please pull of the thread that had the stats from last year were it showed how the right side did with Cook/Hicks compared to Cook/Herrera.

If memory serves the once collegiate C who was shoved in at RT didn't play that gol 'darnit bad especially when you compare the yardage (I think it was only about 1 yard per carry difference or something like that) per carry on the ground.

Absolutely horrible indeed.
    No way they give up on Cook for this guy.
    As to his ability to step in for Mac, I am not so sure he would/could do that either.

He is a RT for a reason.
    Mostly because of footspeed/hand placement and agility/mobility.
    Taking those physical limitations into account along with the fact that he hasn't even taken one snap in a ZB scheme and he hasn't played LT in what 12 years, I don't see the staff freaking out and giving the 3-6 mill he will want.

Nope, we will pass on Willie, take what we have through the 4 game suspension, tie a TE to Hicks jiggly butt for every play and run a two gaurd set on the left side for 4 games.

Should be good enough against the 4 RDEs we have to face in that time frame.

;D
    Have to disagree Marr Cook is Horrible at RT. One reason he played Center especially at his size was because he needs to have
    people playing on the side of him. Another reason why they put a TE Next to him. he can't block. I don't want to give up on Cook. I was actually hoping he could move back to Center where I think he can be solid but. Having played both Center and Tackle in HS and College I can say there is a huge difference between moving from T to C Like I did, than from C to T. The main reason being is the footwork and technique. Cook does not have it at Tackle. If we put a TE on Hicks side it wil totally expose our Right side. I really like Herrera but having him next to Cook is a very bad idea. I would love tio have him next to Anderson. A Solid veteran on the OL is exactly what this team needs. Remember everyone is so up on letting TJack develop. So how can not putting a veteran OL in front of him not do anything but help him?
    But you just said it yourself my friend.......

Give him some time and he will be one of the best at RT.
    I need to go find that post(s) that showed that he really didn't do that bad last year.
    When/if I can find them you will see that his stats bear that out and you will see what I'm talking about.

Quick question, how did you do when you switched?
    He did it at the highest level and was a nice suprise if you take everything into account with respect to that switch.

[/quote]

You are right. This is only his 2nd year as a full time starter. He didn't do that bad last year. He did make a big switch so I am hoping he will get even better.

Here is a very good comparison of the two!
    http://www.vikingsvalhalla.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=401%3 Astarting-offensive-tackles-the-truth&catid=25&Itemid=48

"marstc09" wrote:
    You are right. This is only his 2nd year as a full time starter. He didn't do that bad last year. He did make a big switch so I am hoping he will get even better.

http://www.vikingsvalhalla.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=401%3 Astarting-offensive-tackles-the-truth&catid=25&Itemid=48
    You my friend just made it to a newly formed column on the ole spreadsheet "God Send"....... ;D

What a excellent read.
    I love how they used two of the best stat pages to break this down.
    Long story short, this kindof says it all for me........

Cook has definitely had the better start and considering that he was a second round reach that had never played tackle versus a blue chip, #7 overall, first round draft choice, that says something. There is no reason to think that his development will stop either so we can fully expect Ryan to improve. Is that the case for Bryant? We hope, but he should be at the top of his game right now, after all the Vikes gave him money to be an all pro.

From this exercise, I came away pleased that Cook can play tackle at this level and better than most think. Those rushing stats on the right side aren’t all the tight end, Cook had a lot to do with it. Conversely, McKinnie still isn't playing to the level we expect and should be. He is still better than most, but if gone on suspension, the worst.
    By the way, I found your post searching for the ones I mentioned earlier.
    How is that for irony..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

You my friend just made it to a newly formed column on the ole spreadsheet "God Send"....... ;D

What a excellent read.

Cook has definitely had the better start and considering that he was a second round reach that had never played tackle versus a blue chip, #7 overall, first round draft choice, that says something. There is no reason to think that his development will stop either so we can fully expect Ryan to improve. Is that the case for Bryant? We hope, but he should be at the top of his game right now, after all the Vikes gave him money to be an all pro.

From this exercise, I came away pleased that Cook can play tackle at this level and better than most think. Those rushing stats on the right side aren’t all the tight end, Cook had a lot to do with it. Conversely, McKinnie still isn't playing to the level we expect and should be. He is still better than most, but if gone on suspension, the worst.
    Cook is probably one of my least favorites other than Greenway but I know when to keep my mouth shut and give the kid a chance. I am hard on him but I have have faith in him.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

What a excellent read.

Cook is probably one of my least favorites other than Greenway but I know when to keep my mouth shut and give the kid a chance. I am hard on him but I have have faith in him.
    I am in no way making excuses for him my friend.
    I will point out his flaws just I have for others (Big Mac, Birk, AD, Leber, K-dub, Sharp etc).

I am a whole team hater when it comes to criticism of a player regardless of his status.
    I just like to be fair about it, at least in my own twisted way.
    ;D

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

What a excellent read.

I will point out his flaws just I have for others (Big Mac, Birk, AD, Leber, K-dub, Sharp etc).

I am a whole team hater when it comes to criticism of a player regardless of his status.

;D
    Riteeeee! Everyone knows that Cook is your potential poster child. You have been in his corner no matter how poorly he played. I reconie the dificulty he faces making a switch from
    C to Rt but he played poorly at times last year. I guess it's easier for you to keep bashing Birk
    ;D. I just want the entire Oline to play better( i hope Mac comes back pissed off)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I just can't wait until mid season when all of the cook jock sniffers disappear as he continues to do what he has always done. Suck at pass protection.

To those who believe he will improve there is one thing that he cannot improve and that is his genetics. The reason he gets blown up in pass protection is because his foot action is too slow and it keeps him from getting in a favorable position against the pass rushers. This is not something that is going to change.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

What a excellent read.

;D
    Riteeeee! Everyone knows that Cook is your potential poster child. You have been in his corner no matter how poorly he played. I reconie the dificulty he faces making a switch from
    C to Rt but he played poorly at times last year. I guess it's easier for you to keep bashing Birk
    ;D. I just want the entire Oline to play better( i hope Mac comes back pissed off)
    Seriously, I have no favorite players.
    I refuse to get attached to any of them after the Joey Browner fiasco.
    Honestly, go check my post game rants from last year if you believe I didn't harp on the young C moved to RT.

My stance, as it has been with all the young players (not just Cook if you payed attention to my posts) shoved in our face (instead of a Vet) has been to be patient with them.

A vet on the other hand (ala Birk, Kevin etc) don't get much slack from me.
    As you alude to in your last sentence, I want/expect them play better and to act and play like vets.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast