Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Willie Anderson Cut

[img width=450 height=360]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p163/chandraalmond/Trek/Thayla%20Slash%20Naughty/captain-kirk-wtf.jpg[/img]

WTF?!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

No thanks

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Ive seen the guy play in person.
    He is a TERRIBLE pass blocker.
    Zero footwork.
    I vote NADIA COMINICH!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He is so slow

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "lukeshkin" wrote:
    well said Mr Anderson
    So both of you think this staff that has focused on younger players since it entered would sign a 33 year old player NOW? They don't panic that much they knew this was coming and Hicks is their guy.
    I'm not even considering age in this equation.

I'm looking at ability and experience.

Artis Hicks is a guard, and not a very good one at that. Why would the coaches not be worried that he's now playing out of position, a position that is more difficult to play as well.

Willie Anderson has been a pretty damn good tackle his whole career. He may be old, but I don't care, look at Chris Samuels. We only need to get 4 games out of the guy anyway.

I don't believe they're not concerned. And if they really aren't, they should be.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"slinkey" wrote:
    Ive seen the guy play in person.
    He is a TERRIBLE pass blocker.
    Zero footwork.

I vote NADIA COMINICH!
    Sadly that's an improvement over McKinnie.
    ;D

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

i am not saying they should give anderson a 7 year deal or anything he will just be a better stop gap for 4 games than hicks

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    Willie is a RIGHT tackle not left I seriously doubt our staff would add him to the opposite side that he is used to. Also they prefer younger guys they won't add a 33 year old this at this point.
    And Hicks is a guard.

I think he's worth a giving a shot to.
    Of the players I have seen released he would make the most sense to pick up. Yes he is a RT but he is better than Cook also. Having another Solid Vet on the Line is only going to help this team no matter where he plays. I am normally not a fan of the Player X was released lets pick him up but thsi one does make the most sense. OL needs some more Veterran leadership right now and Lets face it COOK IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"Mr" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "lukeshkin" wrote:
    well said Mr Anderson
    So both of you think this staff that has focused on younger players since it entered would sign a 33 year old player NOW? They don't panic that much they knew this was coming and Hicks is their guy.

Artis Hicks is a guard, and not a very good one at that. Why would the coaches not be worried that he's now playing out of position, a position that is more difficult to play as well.

Willie Anderson has been a pretty damn good tackle his whole career. He may be old, but I don't care, look at Chris Samuels. We only need to get 4 games out of the guy anyway.

I don't believe they're not concerned. And if they really aren't, they should be.
    You're still not answering the question I am asking. Even if you don't want to factor it our staff since Childress became the coach added all of one older player (Tony Richardson) during its run so I'd say they do factor it which is what I'm asking you about.

Artis Hicks was our top backup at LT last year and they were fine with it then and if you have problems with a guy being out of position why do you want a right tackle, what would he know about playing on the left side of an O-line?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "lukeshkin" wrote:
    well said Mr Anderson

You're still not answering the question I am asking. Even if you don't want to factor it our staff since Childress became the coach added all of one older player (Tony Richardson) during its run so I'd say they do factor it which is what I'm asking you about.

Artis Hicks was our top backup at LT last year and they were fine with it then and if you have problems with a guy being out of position why do you want a right tackle, what would he know about playing on the left side of an O-line?
    Even if he played RT would you rather have Anderson or Cook?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast