Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Will they or won't they....

    Reach an agreement on the CBA?

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    I say no

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    I actually think the leagues offer was reasonable

  4. #4
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,734

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    I think everybody is going home and the union is looking to go to court now

  5. #5
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    I think the union - foolishly - is so wrapped up in the idea that they aren't getting their "fair share" that they've now shot themselves in the foot. They're killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

    Now that they've decertified, they have to prove that it's not in name only (Which it is).

    Things are going to get REAL messy now....

    Caine

  6. #6
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    Seems to me the NFL promoted a fair last offer, but all the NFLPA wanted out of the mediation was financial information with and very very slim chance of the NFL rolling over and giving in handing everything to the players..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  7. #7
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    NFP- NFL releases latest proposal it made to the the union

    That was an extraordinarily fair offer.

    I swear I wish the owners would re-start any future negotiations with any un-signed player at minimum wage and make that player, his agent and his friggin' lawyer have to absolutely break their collective asses to squeeze every single GD nickel out from that position.

  8. #8
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,226

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091387
    NFP- NFL releases latest proposal it made to the the union

    That was an extraordinarily fair offer.

    I swear I wish the owners would re-start any future negotiations with any un-signed player at minimum wage and make that player, his agent and his friggin' lawyer have to absolutely break their collective asses to squeeze every single GD nickel out from that position.
    Well it definitely APPEARS to be a fair offer ... but that is what they are SAYING they proposed and there is still a lot of gray in there.

    Though I am shocked that they flat said they would scrap the 18-game season for at least the next two seasons. It APPEARS that a lot of the language in there is building for a 18-game season three years down the road, and under this agreement the players would be locked into it.

    Also ... it does not address the key ingredient I think the players want ... open books. Not to the public, not to reporters, etc. ... but to the players right now for the past decade so they can see that the owners are indeed "hurting"

  9. #9
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,734

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1091388
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091387
    NFP- NFL releases latest proposal it made to the the union

    That was an extraordinarily fair offer.

    I swear I wish the owners would re-start any future negotiations with any un-signed player at minimum wage and make that player, his agent and his friggin' lawyer have to absolutely break their collective asses to squeeze every single GD nickel out from that position.
    Well it definitely APPEARS to be a fair offer ... but that is what they are SAYING they proposed and there is still a lot of gray in there.

    Though I am shocked that they flat said they would scrap the 18-game season for at least the next two seasons. It APPEARS that a lot of the language in there is building for a 18-game season three years down the road, and under this agreement the players would be locked into it.

    Also ... it does not address the key ingredient I think the players want ... open books. Not to the public, not to reporters, etc. ... but to the players right now for the past decade so they can see that the owners are indeed "hurting"
    Well it appears from some of the things I've read the league has come to several concessions and made a fairer offer (especially with an un-named owner saying heís happy the players didnít except it). While it may have needed some more ironing out before being finalized it did open the door more so to an extension to talks rather than walking away.

    Now it appears Smith is more interested in grinding the league on 3 points, first it was the league that opted out of the CBA early and the second being the leagueís deal with the networks was in bad faith and he wants the books opened more on some vendetta by pursuing litigation in the courts rather than moving on with talks with a mediator. And lastly weíre righteous and their greedy dishonest, Iíve heard some rumbling that the PA might want to show some of the owners have paid family members 6 figures for picking people up at the airport (now that shows how cheap the Vikings are by using Childress to fill this roll) and other possible frivolous spending (Jerry Jones plastic surgery, Al Davisís expenses on purchasing virgin souls and Tom Bensonís spending on parasols and Marti Graz beads)

  10. #10
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Will they or won't they....

    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1091398
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1091388
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1091387
    NFP- NFL releases latest proposal it made to the the union

    That was an extraordinarily fair offer.

    I swear I wish the owners would re-start any future negotiations with any un-signed player at minimum wage and make that player, his agent and his friggin' lawyer have to absolutely break their collective asses to squeeze every single GD nickel out from that position.
    Well it definitely APPEARS to be a fair offer ... but that is what they are SAYING they proposed and there is still a lot of gray in there.

    Though I am shocked that they flat said they would scrap the 18-game season for at least the next two seasons. It APPEARS that a lot of the language in there is building for a 18-game season three years down the road, and under this agreement the players would be locked into it.

    Also ... it does not address the key ingredient I think the players want ... open books. Not to the public, not to reporters, etc. ... but to the players right now for the past decade so they can see that the owners are indeed "hurting"
    Well it appears from some of the things I've read the league has come to several concessions and made a fairer offer (especially with an un-named owner saying heís happy the players didnít except it). While it may have needed some more ironing out before being finalized it did open the door more so to an extension to talks rather than walking away.

    Now it appears Smith is more interested in grinding the league on 3 points, first it was the league that opted out of the CBA early and the second being the leagueís deal with the networks was in bad faith and he wants the books opened more on some vendetta by pursuing litigation in the courts rather than moving on with talks with a mediator. And lastly weíre righteous and their greedy dishonest, Iíve heard some rumbling that the PA might want to show some of the owners have paid family members 6 figures for picking people up at the airport (now that shows how cheap the Vikings are by using Childress to fill this roll) and other possible frivolous spending (Jerry Jones plastic surgery, Al Davisís expenses on purchasing virgin souls and Tom Bensonís spending on parasols and Marti Graz beads)
    Actually Wilf paid Childress 7 figures to pick players up at the airport. The head coach tag was just added to keep the accountant happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •