Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Will the Saints ever return

They won't return. The horrors of what happened are too great. I am seeing the LA saints next year. Anyways as a side note I went to New Orleans this summer their team was "affectionately" reffered to as the New Orleans Aint's. As in they ain't gonna win a game.

vikings6490 is offline Starter

I forgot where I heard this, i think it was on ESPN, someone said that they believed the Saints will move to San Diego and the Chargers will move up to LA.
    Thanks MF

Space Coyote Guest

"VikingsFan1989" wrote:
    They won't return. The horrors of what happened are too great. I am seeing the LA saints next year. Anyways as a side note I went to New Orleans this summer their team was "affectionately" reffered to as the New Orleans Aint's. As in they ain't gonna win a game.
    That's what they have been called as long as I can remember. Still, I've always kinda liked them. I like teams that have a name that goes with their location. Saints in the city that brings you Fat Tuesday. Vikings in Minnesota (large Scandanavian population). LA Lakers? That sucks. Dallas Stars? Worst day of my life when they moved. At least change the name when they move.

vikings6490 is offline Starter

"Space Coyote" wrote:
    "VikingsFan1989" wrote:
    That's what they have been called as long as I can remember. Still, I've always kinda liked them. I like teams that have a name that goes with their location. Saints in the city that brings you Fat Tuesday. Vikings in Minnesota (large Scandanavian population). LA Lakers? That sucks. Dallas Stars? Worst day of my life when they moved. At least change the name when they move.
    I agree with you on the teams name changing when a team moves. I was watching something on TV where they were talking about how some teams names made no sense after they moved like the LA Lakers or the Utah Jazz.
    Thanks MF

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"vikings6490" wrote:
    "Space Coyote" wrote:
    "VikingsFan1989" wrote:
    I agree with you on the teams name changing when a team moves. I was watching something on TV where they were talking about how some teams names made no sense after they moved like the LA Lakers or the Utah Jazz.
    No doubt, how many lakes or jazz musicians do you know of by those cities? They should change the name when they move.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

LA Clippers..

Where did they get that? Sounds like their team consists of barbers.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    "vikings6490" wrote:
    "Space Coyote" wrote:
    "VikingsFan1989" wrote:
    No doubt, how many lakes or jazz musicians do you know of by those cities? They should change the name when they move.
    BUT if the Lakers would have moved to Utah, at least it would have made more sense! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    LA Clippers..

It was originally the SAN DIEGO Clippers (as in ships)...they had changed their name after they moved from Buffalo (where they were known as the Braves). At least they didn't keep that nickname, which would be another one that would be offensive to Native Americans.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Sadly, I think that the Saints will end up moving to LA. It has to be a team according to the Commish who wants a team in LA. I my be a little selfish here in the face of disaster, but I am glad it is not the Vikes.

I do not like any other teams...most of you know I do not have 2nd favorites. But, I have always liked the underdogs. I have kinda always pulled for the Saints in the past because I like to see teams win that really have not done much in their lifetime.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "DemonicViking" wrote:
    LA Clippers..

It was originally the SAN DIEGO Clippers (as in ships)...they had changed their name after they moved from Buffalo (where they were known as the Braves). At least they didn't keep that nickname, which would be another one that would be offensive to Native Americans.
    nah... just a yankees fan that doesn't like the name 'Braves' :grin:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast