Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Will the Saints ever return

Will the Saints ever return to New Orleans? I find it hard to see them going back to the Super Dome.

WWBGD

Del Rio Guest

Re: Will the Saints ever return

I don't think so. They are the only NFL team that the state gives money to as part of profit. The state practically had to bribe the owner to stay and they give them 10 million a year to stay.

If he leaves it will be on him and he will be hated, but I don't see them returning to the same venue.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I'm seeing images of the San Antonio Saints and proud owner Red McCombs in my head... :sad:

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I don't think they'll stay in New Orleans. S.A. or L.A. will have a NFL team but next season I'd say.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I think they will return next year to the Superdome, then the year after they will move to LA. The NFL really wants a team in LA. The number of teams seems to work good now, so it would be stupid to have expansion teams.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

They wont return to the SuperDome. I keep reading all over the place that the NFL doesn't want people associating the NFL with all the horrors that went on in that place. I think they will stay in lousianna, just not new orleans.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"mnjamie" wrote:
    They wont return to the SuperDome. I keep reading all over the place that the NFL doesn't want people associating the NFL with all the horrors that went on in that place. I think they will stay in lousianna, just not new orleans.
    Baton Rouge Saints?

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

L.A. It was inevibable. Now there is no reason not to other than it can be argued that its a heartless move.

[color=red]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The exidus has begun. When you start hearing that the SuperDome needs to be torn down, that is a bad sign. I think it is part of the owners propaganda in his part to up and leave. He is going to try and make a run for it.

If the and when the final decision is to tear down the SuperDome, that is the end. The city and state will try to get them to stay but I don't know if they will be able to do it.

I didn't realize that the population of NO was only 450,000? I thought it was a bigger market than that. Greater NO probably adds a lot on top the population of 450,000 to get it above 1 mil, kinda like the Minney-Apple-ous and its surrounding cities.

Space Coyote Guest

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Did an offical spokesperson for the NFL say that or was it just some ESPN guy? I'm not questioning what you are saying, don't get me wrong. I'm just thinking if that's the official stance the NFL is taking on this I don't get it.
    When we have a disaster of any sort in this country it seems like we usually value resilliance and rebuilding. Kind of like building a new, improved building on the spot where the twin towers stood.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast