marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

It will not be Alex Smith

It doesn't break my heart, but for those hoping that we may actually go after him, Smith may be off the table.

Y! SPORTS

According to multiple reports, the San Francisco 49ers have wrapped up a trade that will put quarterback Alex Smith in a new city. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported via Twitter that the 49ers have sewed up negotiations with a willing trade partner. The interested team is not yet known, though Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com says that from everything he's heard around the scouting combine this week, the Kansas City Chiefs have a deal for Smith that is "all but done."
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    KC would be the logical place for Smith. I wouldn't have minded seeing here, but I never really expected it. The Vikings are going to look for a veteran who can back up Ponder this year, and Smith did not fit that bill.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Why the hell would we want a loser like Alex Smith? Good he in KC. Fits in perfectly with the rest of the stink on that team.
    We're bringing purple back.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    KC would be the logical place for Smith. I wouldn't have minded seeing here, but I never really expected it. The Vikings are going to look for a veteran who can back up Ponder this year, and Smith did not fit that bill.
    I'm glad he is going to KC. He was responsible for the 9'ers loss to the Vikings, in a lot of ways he couldn't deliver. I don't think the Chiefs will have any more than moderate success with him.
    The one thing I hope doesn't happen, is Spielman bringing Cassel here as the back up.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I'm glad he is going to KC. He was responsible for the 9'ers loss to the Vikings, in a lot of ways he couldn't deliver. I don't think the Chiefs will have any more than moderate success with him.
    The one thing I hope doesn't happen, is Spielman bringing Cassel here as the back up.
    I now hate you for bringing that up, because that's exactly the type of move I see Speilman 'brilliantly' cooking up.

Trade a fifth for him. Seems about right.

I wouldn't hate him brought in as a cheap free agent, but we better not give up anything for him. If anything he'll push Ponder to get his shit together.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Ugh.. you're not the only one thinking that.

Matt Cassel could end up next Cardinals or Vikings QB - NFL.com