Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Will Favre's consectutive game streak come to an end?

"Zeus" wrote:
    This poll needs a "Who gives a shit?" option.

=Z=
    Done!

I thought I had that in their already?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    This poll needs a "Who gives a shit?" option.

=Z=
    Done!

I thought I had that in their already?
    damn.. i can't redo my vote
    :-[

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I can see him coming out and running a series then Rodgers coming in for the rest of the game. If that happens then I defy any Packer fan to try and justify it and say that he's not about the records in this game.
    ??? That already has happened at least once if not twice. One was after he had broken/injured his thumb/finger.
    This is the reason why the record should have an asterisk beside it.

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I can see him coming out and running a series then Rodgers coming in for the rest of the game. If that happens then I defy any Packer fan to try and justify it and say that he's not about the records in this game.
    ??? That already has happened at least once if not twice. One was after he had broken/injured his thumb/finger.
    He still started and played in those games, the record doesn't say they finished the game.

I'm sick of "asterisk" talk after the perfect season discussion

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    He still started and played in those games, the record doesn't say they finished the game.

IMO if he starts takes one snap and goes to the bench it's wrong, if he is not fit to play the whole game he should not take to the field just to keep the record going. Heck he could play a thousand games in a row, just wheel him out at the start for the next 40 years play a down and away you go. OK I'm joking but I honestly don't think it's in the spirit of the game to do what he has, what about all the other players who could have done the same thing but have sat out a game or 2 when they are injured?

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

IMO if he starts takes one snap and goes to the bench it's wrong, if he is not fit to play the whole game he should not take to the field just to keep the record going. Heck he could play a thousand games in a row, just wheel him out at the start for the next 40 years play a down and away you go. OK I'm joking but I honestly don't think it's in the spirit of the game to do what he has, what about all the other players who could have done the same thing but have sat out a game or 2 when they are injured?
    That won't happen, or i'd agree with you.

Its Farve, dislike the guy if you will (as do I), but you can't take anything away from the guys toughness.
    If he is benched earlier in this game, it won't be till after the first series, or first quarter (latest first half).

If you've been watching the Vikings, you know Farve's stubbornness etc.
    I can tell you this; he wants to play the entire game.
    But because thats not in the best interest of the team, his action will be cut short, or at least thats what i would do if i were McCarthy.
    Rodgers' proved that he can play at this level decently well.
    The best call is to bench Favre for at least the second half so you don't risk reinjuring him, so he's healthy for the postseason.

- Dan Calabrese

Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=AngloVike link=topic=40151.msg682299#msg682299 date=1196426862]

That won't happen, or i'd agree with you.

Its Farve, dislike the guy if you will (as do I), but you can't take anything away from the guys toughness.
    If he is benched earlier in this game, it won't be till after the first series, or first quarter (latest first half).

If you've been watching the Vikings, you know Farve's stubbornness etc.
    I can tell you this; he wants to play the entire game.
    But because thats not in the best interest of the team, his action will be cut short, or at least thats what i would do if i were McCarthy.
    Rodgers' proved that he can play at this level decently well.
    The best call is to bench Favre for at least the second half so you don't risk reinjuring him, so he's healthy for the postseason.

[/quote]

You know what you are right and I am wrong :-[, I was sure he had a couple of games in the streak where he had only played a couple of downs, but looking at his game by game stats over the years the least passing attempts he has made in a game was 13. Maybe I should do my research before posting next time

Favre's year by year stats from Pro Football Reference .com

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:

I can. Granted he is tough, he does play tough & has endured a lot, but why is it when he broke his thumb, he had to be wheeled off the field & to the locker room with a towel over his face?
    :-\

How does that affect your ability to walk? I've seen players with more serious leg, knee or ankle injuries hobble off the field or be assisted by teammates.

Also why is it that he is the only member on the team that wears a heated helmet on the field that's kept in a special heated box on the sidelines when he is not on the field?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

I can. Granted he is tough, he does play tough & has endured a lot, but why is it when he broke his thumb, he had to be wheeled off the field & to the locker room with a towel over his face?
    :-\

How does that affect your ability to walk? I've seen players with more serious leg, knee or ankle injuries hobble off the field or be assisted by teammates.

Also why is it that he is the only member on the team that wears a heated helmet on the field that's kept in a special heated box on the sidelines when he is not on the field?
    LOL i forgot about that.

And the helmet.. yea never heard about that, but its hellarious.

But still, he does play hurt a lot (so do a lot of players ik), he'll throw the ball the ball as hard as he normally does with a broken thumb/finger.
    Granted he basically uses painkillers like its a fashion statement~

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123