Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Wildcard or Nada

Sorry Viking faithful, but unless we get the wildcard, we won't make the playoffs this season.. I understand it is only 4 games into the season, but Chicago is playing team football and that is scary in my opinion..

The way it looks right now, we have no idea what team will show up on Sundays for the Vikings, but it looks apparent what team will show up for the Bears.. I hope I eat my words later in the season, but I don't see Chicago giving up the division crown this season..

Thoughts please?

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Wildcard or Nada

totally agree.
    Bears are too tough and very doubtful we can beat them at Soldier Field.
    Might as well start cheering against the rest of the NFC.
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

we all saw what happened when the bears played a good defense.
    they're not that good.
    the seahawks D is terrible in my mind and that game against the giants proves that.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    we all saw what happened when the bears played a good defense.
    they're not that good.
    the seahawks D is terrible in my mind and that game against the giants proves that.

But the key thing is that they are finding ways to win.. Also, if our defense played last week against Chicago the way they played today against Buffalo, we would have gotten blown out of the water by Chicago.. That is my whole point, we have no idea what Viking team is going to show up to play any given sunday, but we have a pretty good idea what Chicago team will..

Prophet Guest

The Bears do appear to be playing as a team.
    I don't agree with the inconsistency on our team though.
    Sure, if you break down the individual plays and look at certain people not doing their jobs well, the penalties, etc. the Vikings have a long ways to go.
    If you look at their average performance over the first four games the consistent trend is the offense not being able to get the TDs.
    When they get that under control our defense can keep us in games.
    Don't forget that the Bears played the Packers and Lions to start off the season and they have a tough schedule on the road (3 games) right before we cross trails with them again.
    The Vikings will have to sweep the Packers and Lions to have a chance and stop losing the close games.
    The Bears will falter, they are, after all, the Bears.

Did you really think the Vikings were going to the playoffs this year with all the changes?
    I always want them to, but I put the odds against us before the season started and that's exactly where the odds still are.
    Can it happen?
    Yes.
    Will it happen?
    We shall see.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Sorry Viking faithful, but unless we get the wildcard, we won't make the playoffs this season.. I understand it is only 4 games into the season, but Chicago is playing team football and that is scary in my opinion..

The way it looks right now, we have no idea what team will show up on Sundays for the Vikings, but it looks apparent what team will show up for the Bears.. I hope I eat my words later in the season, but I don't see Chicago giving up the division crown this season..

Thoughts please?
    I'll take the wildcard...remember how Putzburgh got to the Super Bowl last season....if we can just get in, we can turn it on in the playoffs and who knows??
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

um guys...its only week 4. lets not get ahead of ourselves!! unless of course you have a crystal ball because if you do, we need to chat
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    um guys...its only week 4. lets not get ahead of ourselves!! unless of course you have a crystal ball because if you do, we need to chat
    By Week 4 you can usually tell what's happening and what will happen the rest of the year.
    You don't need a crystal ball for to see no offesnse.

Prophet Guest

"WVV" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    By Week 4 you can usually tell what's happening and what will happen the rest of the year.
    You also don't need a crystal ball to tell us that we have a new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes and it's week four and we're 2-2.
    They could finish 14-2 or 2-14 or somewhere inbetween and many other things could happen.
    The sky is falling nonsense should remain in the fairy tale books, where it belongs.

"WVV" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    i was just joking about the crystal ball thing . i know that you should kinda be able to tell whats going to happen by week 4, but we are still working on getting everything together so i think maybe things will change. you never know though.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast