Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Why we look the other way

Why we look the other way
    By Chuck Klosterman
    ESPN The Magazine
    This article appears in the March 26 issue of ESPN The Magazine

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why we look the other way

I have no problem with performance enhancing drugs...I'm not the one shrinking my nuts.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Makes you go hmmmm......and not in a good way!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Try reading this when you have someone in harms way.

My son plays sports for two of his High School Sports teams (Baseball and Golf).

Hopefully he will never have to feel the pressure to compete at the level that requires morphing you body into something it wasn't designed to be.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The article acts like a public boycott of the NFL Sunday ticket, or perhaps the teams themselves, would end steroid abuse.
    It wont.
    The only thing a true, large scale boycott would do is cut revenues for the NFL, and drive some of the smaller revenue teams out of business.

The NFL and the NFLPA need to work together to stop this problem.
    A reliable drug test and harsh penalties for abuse would do more to stop this problem than a few unsold jerseys.

Marrdro, I definately see your view point with your son.
    As I watch my son grow, the worry has crossed y mind once or twice, and I can only hope that I am raising him with the values and morals to understand that winning at any cost is not really winning...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    The article acts like a public boycott of the NFL Sunday ticket, or perhaps the teams themselves, would end steroid abuse.
    It wont.
    The only thing a true, large scale boycott would do is cut revenues for the NFL, and drive some of the smaller revenue teams out of business.

The NFL and the NFLPA need to work together to stop this problem.
    A reliable drug test and harsh penalties for abuse would do more to stop this problem than a few unsold jerseys.

Marrdro, I definately see your view point with your son.
    As I watch my son grow, the worry has crossed y mind once or twice, and I can only hope that I am raising him with the values and morals to understand that winning at any cost is not really winning...
    I don't quite understand how you think smaller teams would go out of business.
    Revenue sharing ???
    It would cut revenues for the NFL and the teams but effect them equally unless one team has a disparately large boycott of non-shared revenue.
    Cutting NFL revenue would the be the exact desired outcome, getting them to act on the problem.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

there were a bunch of typos in that..interesting read tho.
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)