purplegang is offline Starter

Why is Mike Tice still the Head Coach of the vikings

Ok ,Mike tice got his super bowl tickets and sold them. In the past Any!! player or coach has been released or fired or suspended .Its too late in the year for him too get suspended, I really belive that he should have been fired or suspended , anyone tell me why he hasnt been. by the way this stuff about the nfl owners meeting just doesnt cut it with me . they need to get it done before the draft.

PURPLEGANG, new member. family of 6 all purple fans , WINDSOR NY. IVE been a fan for 33 years .Coached football in the army.

whyaskwhy33 Guest

Re: Why is Mike Tice still the Head Coach of the vikings

Why are people so hard on Tice...I have been a viking fan since I was 8 years old, and am now 42...aside from Bud Grant, who was the best Vikings coach, I like Tice!
    Give him a break, He has had to work for little pay and a owner who would not make all the moves needed to win.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think the NFL has punished Tice very harshly because they realize its a common practice. Even though it's league policy to not sell them, they know it goes on and just turn a blind eye to it. I think they are trying to avoid a big media storm over it, becuase if it grows past this one incident, plenty of people will come out of the woodwork and blow the whistle on everyone in the league, kind of like the steroids thing in baseball where all it took was Canseco to name a few names and it took off from there, and the NFL doesn't want that.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"whyaskwhy33" wrote:
    Why are people so hard on Tice...I have been a viking fan since I was 8 years old, and am now 42...aside from Bud Grant, who was the best Vikings coach, I like Tice!
    Give him a break, He has had to work for little pay and a owner who would not make all the moves needed to win.
    I like Tice also.

I guess other than Bud, Green would have to be considered the next best.

purplegang is offline Starter

I think he is a decent coach just dont understand why the league doesnt do something, I am hoping it is water under the bridge but I think its going to hit at the wrong time. i say do something now and get it over with

didnt green screw up the team pretty nasty.? and now tice is trying(and is starting to be succesful) to put it back to gethor??

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"TheFloridianVikingFan" wrote:
    didnt green screw up the team pretty nasty.? and now tice is trying(and is starting to be succesful) to put it back to gethor??
    Kinda. But if you look back at our successes and who are coach was, he would probably have to be 2nd to Bud.

JLDII is offline Rookie

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "whyaskwhy33" wrote:
    I like Tice also.

I guess other than Bud, Green would have to be considered the next best.
    What the f*** was wrong with Jerry Burns? LOL!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide into it broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming at the top of your lungs......
    "WOW, What a ride!"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"purplegang" wrote:
    Ok ,Mike tice got his super bowl tickets and sold them. In the past Any!! player or coach has been released or fired or suspended .Its too late in the year for him too get suspended, I really belive that he should have been fired or suspended , anyone tell me why he hasnt been. by the way this stuff about the nfl owners meeting just doesnt cut it with me . they need to get it done before the draft.

PURPLEGANG, new member. family of 6 all purple fans , WINDSOR NY. IVE been a fan for 33 years .Coached football in the army.
    He admitted it.

He is too cheap to let go.

He needs his last chance to have a winning/positive season(w/o a collapse) so he can get hired somewhere else next year.

Tice is a big guy, he can take care of himself. If he doesn't like the HEAT, he should get off the HOTSEAT and find something easier to do, like work at MickeyD's.

Hey MGR Mike, my fries are cold.
    "Well you know, larry the fry guy, is coming of a grease injury and it is diffucult for him to fry at full speed. He came up a little short after lifting the fries out of the grease. He had to rest for a few seconds because of the pain and that little bit of time that he was resting caused your fries to get cold. Just be happy we got your fries out of the grease."