PlanoViking is offline Waterboy

Why Colts can and Cowboys can't

promise their HC job to Jim Caldwell but the Cowboys can't promise Garrett their HC job when Wade is done?

Seriously, does anybody know?
    "Dr. Marvin you genius. Your death therapy cured me you genius!"

MindFreak is offline Starter

Re: Why Colts can and Cowboys can't

Well, reading between the lines they kind of did promise Garrett the job by paying him as much as Wade, and more then likely if Wade doesn't make any noise with the team this upcoming season then he is gone.
    Also maybe because Indy knows that Dungy will be gone sooner rather then later that they could promise Caldwell the job without anyone's feathers getting ruffled and Dallas can't do that, cause Wade hasn't made any indication that he wants out of coaching
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PlanoViking" wrote:
    promise their HC job to Jim Caldwell but the Cowboys can't promise Garrett their HC job when Wade is done?

As noted above, a lot of the public statements have to do with Dungy indicating he will retire after one or two more seasons, so naming a successor isn't as big of a deal as with a coach who has shown no intentions of leaving.

But I have a serious question, in regards to the Rooney Rule - is Caldwell black?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PlanoViking" wrote:

As noted above, a lot of the public statements have to do with Dungy indicating he will retire after one or two more seasons, so naming a successor isn't as big of a deal as with a coach who has shown no intentions of leaving.

But I have a serious question, in regards to the Rooney Rule - is Caldwell black?

=Z=
    Nope, he's African American
    ;D

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"MindFreak" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PlanoViking" wrote:

;D
    Is that a serious answer?
    I'm not into PC labels.
    If Caldwell's black, then the Rooney Rule does not apply - no rule that you have to interview European-Americans.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PlanoViking" wrote:

;D
    I'm not into PC labels.
    If Caldwell's black, then the Rooney Rule does not apply - no rule that you have to interview European-Americans.

=Z=
    Sorry, was trying to be funny, yes Caldwell is black

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PlanoViking" wrote:

;D
    I'm not into PC labels.

=Z=
    It has been made clear that the Rooney Rule does not apply if theres a promotion clause in Caldwells contract, and the Rooney Rule were applied at his hiring for his current position.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.