Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Why the Bears should play all out vs the Packers

It's funny to listen to the TV analysts yammer on about 1st round byes and "nothing to play for"...but they all leave out one very important element.

If the Bears beat Green Bay on Sunday, Green Bay is (probably) eliminated from the Play offs, and the Bears don't have to worry about facing them again.

I mean, honestly, how does that escape notice? How is that NOT apart of the conversation?

If I was Lovie Smith, the LAST team I would want to face in the Play-offs is Green Bay for several reasons:

1: They can get dangerously hot.
    2: They know my team VERY well.

Instead, I would want to kill off any post season aspirations they have and beat the crap out of them Sunday.

I would MUCH rather face the Giants (With She-Lie Manning to throw interceptions to me) or Tampa Bay with that young QB than face Green Bay and that passing game.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Why the Bears should play all out vs the Packers

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1086038
    It's funny to listen to the TV analysts yammer on about 1st round byes and "nothing to play for"...but they all leave out one very important element.

If the Bears beat Green Bay on Sunday, Green Bay is (probably) eliminated from the Play offs, and the Bears don't have to worry about facing them again.

I mean, honestly, how does that escape notice? How is that NOT apart of the conversation?

If I was Lovie Smith, the LAST team I would want to face in the Play-offs is Green Bay for several reasons:

1: They can get dangerously hot.
    2: They know my team VERY well.

Instead, I would want to kill off any post season aspirations they have and beat the crap out of them Sunday.

I would MUCH rather face the Giants (With She-Lie Manning to throw interceptions to me) or Tampa Bay with that young QB than face Green Bay and that passing game.

Caine
    I was thinking the same thing. Eliminate them if you still have the chance.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Good post Caine.

If I was Lovie, I would run the team through normal process. Start everyone and re-asses at the end of the 1rst and 2nd quarters.

If your beating them, keep doing it. I they are beating you, rest your primary guys and get ready for your run in the playoffs and hope that the PUKERS have a few injuries before you face them again in the second season.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

They already have the bye so I see no reason to rest players. And yes I think you want to eliminate the Packers. I think I'll be rooting for the bears. Don't want two rival having a chance at a superbowl, one is bad enough.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Yeah I think it almost goes without saying. The Packers are the last team the Bears want to face in the playoffs.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

The Packers are playing very well right now.
    In Lamblow their corners can arrive just a little early and their lineman can hold like wrestlers.

A couple of weeks ago I didn't think the Packers would make the playoffs.

Now they look like a team that could go all the way.

The Bears better bring their A game.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

The Bears can wrap up home field as well with a win and some help. If Atlanta and New Orleans both lose and the Bears win, the Bears get the top seed. It is highly unlikely that Atlanta will lose at home to Carolina, let alone NO losing to TB at home, but possible.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "TARKenton" #1086183
    The Bears can wrap up home field as well with a win and some help. If Atlanta and New Orleans both lose and the Bears win, the Bears get the top seed. It is highly unlikely that Atlanta will lose at home to Carolina, let alone NO losing to TB at home, but possible.
    It is gonna be fun to see what coach Fox can get going during his last game. If I was the Falcons, I surely wouldn't look past them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

They should play balls to the wall anyways. They already have a first round bye locked up. Two weeks off for the starters is never a good idea.
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1086280
    They should play balls to the wall anyways. They already have a first round bye locked up. Two weeks off for the starters is never a good idea.
    Exactly!

In fact, the Bears know that all to well. In 2005 they went to the playoffs as divisional champs & had a bye week, they rested Grossman for the entire game & a lot of their starters for a good share of, if not all of the last game of the season against the Vikings.

They didn't play all that well in their first playoff game & lost to the Panthers.

The following year, they learned from their mistake & let many of the starters play, including Grossman for about half a game or more. They went on to the SB

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast