Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Who's No. 2 in NFC North?

Certainly, everyone has their opinion.
    Menafee has his, which he got completely backwards with respect to his comentary about the Vikes run defense.
    Basically, "the team he knows" was clearly a team that nobody could run on, so they didn't even try.

That said, his commentary isn't nearly as bad as the NFL Network dynamic duo of Jamie Dukes and Rod Woodson.
    I don't know if any of y'all have caught it, you can find it on their website...it was a slaughter.
    Dukes focused on the fact that the Vikes have "no plan.
    They have nobody to quarterback that team who is qualified, and, if the guy they think is qualified (TJack) not only isn't qualified, they have no real backup.
    That's not fair to the fans."
    Woodson basically said that Leslie Frazier is "an unknown and the Vikes did nothing to improve their pass defense."
    Woodson also pointed out how difficult the first five games after the bye are, stating, "this team better be ready to play, they gonna need their hard hats."
    Neither one thought the Vikes would improve on the 6-10 record fro 2006.
    If I remember correctly, Dukes thought 3 or 4 wins, "tops."

This time of the year is very interesting to me as a fan.
    I study, read, surf, in fact, I've been home the last 6 weeks recovering from left total hip replacement surgery...so, I've become more familiar with these writers and commentators than ever before.
    Dukes, Menafee, and Woodson, hell, all of the predictors may be right about the records...but, the analysis (for the most part) is whimsical, superficial, and easy.
    I am much more impressed with a realistic fan's opinion than these guys almost without fault.
    Half of them don't do a great job, just like in the real work place.
    These three further illustrate my point.

Whether they are right or not, regarding the year end record I can tell you this...Childress and Frazier will have our Vikes ready to play a very physical brand of football.
    I tell Woodson that the Vikes opponents better bring their hard hats because we are going to administer our fair share of punishment.

BRING IT!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"VikesFanInNC" wrote:
    I find what he says here hilariously and obnoxiously stupid:

Yes, their defense is good, but it's not the all-world run stopper that folks made it out to be in '06. Part of the reason that they were No. 1 vs. the run (allowing less than 62 yards a game) is that they were last in the NFL against the pass, so teams didn't have to run against them. Now, that doesn't mean that they aren't a good run defense, period, because they are, they're just not great.
    Dissing on a run defense that no one could run against even when they tried. That is one of the stupid things I've heard out of him.
    hes got it opposite.

are pass defense sucked cuz teams coudn't run so they resorted to pass immediately.
    dumb ass

Go vikes!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"MaxVike" wrote:
    Certainly, everyone has their opinion.
    Menafee has his, which he got completely backwards with respect to his comentary about the Vikes run defense.
    Basically, "the team he knows" was clearly a team that nobody could run on, so they didn't even try.

That said, his commentary isn't nearly as bad as the NFL Network dynamic duo of Jamie Dukes and Rod Woodson.
    I don't know if any of y'all have caught it, you can find it on their website...it was a slaughter.
    Dukes focused on the fact that the Vikes have "no plan.
    They have nobody to quarterback that team who is qualified, and, if the guy they think is qualified (TJack) not only isn't qualified, they have no real backup.
    That's not fair to the fans."
    Woodson basically said that Leslie Frazier is "an unknown and the Vikes did nothing to improve their pass defense."
    Woodson also pointed out how difficult the first five games after the bye are, stating, "this team better be ready to play, they gonna need their hard hats."
    Neither one thought the Vikes would improve on the 6-10 record fro 2006.
    If I remember correctly, Dukes thought 3 or 4 wins, "tops."

This time of the year is very interesting to me as a fan.
    I study, read, surf, in fact, I've been home the last 6 weeks recovering from left total hip replacement surgery...so, I've become more familiar with these writers and commentators than ever before.
    Dukes, Menafee, and Woodson, hell, all of the predictors may be right about the records...but, the analysis (for the most part) is whimsical, superficial, and easy.
    I am much more impressed with a realistic fan's opinion than these guys almost without fault.
    Half of them don't do a great job, just like in the real work place.
    These three further illustrate my point.

Whether they are right or not, regarding the year end record I can tell you this...Childress and Frazier will have our Vikes ready to play a very physical brand of football.
    I tell Woodson that the Vikes opponents better bring their hard hats because we are going to administer our fair share of punishment.

BRING IT!
    Good call, MaxVike!!!
    Screw what the talking head idiots say...I agree that the Vikes will be playing tough!
    And with a few breaks going OUR way, we could easily be 10-6 instead of 6-10.
    That's why they play the games...because the so-called experts are almost always WRONG!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

reading this article was like listening to a casual fan talk about a team who he has only seen highlights of.
    i can't wait for the season to start cuz i'm so sick of hearing people dog us.
    at least then if we suck everyone just stops talking about us cuz they'll have other teams to fawn over, like the colts, or bears, or whoever they wanna make this years carolina panthers.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

we really haven't been predicted to be good for the last few years. its ok being the underdog. no team will run over us in blowouts, but we will b in tough against teams that plan to make the playoffs
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12