Re: Who's the next coach to get fired?

"singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    Chilly will make it through the season

you can take it to the bank
    I'd do it on Christmas Eve

Merry Fucking Christmas Brad!

What goes around, comes around.
    I say fire him now, rehire him Christmas eve and the fire him Christmas morning.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Merry fricken Christmas Brad!

LOL, you still don't get it do you............ ;D

All that would come around would be a FO firing a HC on Christmas Eve just like they let a problem child go on Christmas Eve.

Seriously, do you thing the Chiller really has that much power?
    Comeon.........

It would be funny though.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

All that would come around would be a FO firing a HC on Christmas Eve just like they let a problem child go on Christmas Eve.

Comeon.........

;D
    Yeah, he does certainly have that kind of power

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Comeon.........

;D
    Yeah, he does certainly have that kind of power
    OK, I give, that argument just convinced me that the whole FO structure in the NFL isn't anything more than a sham and they are there just to suck up dollars.

Seriously though, what makes you think that?

Is it a fact that he approves all the CAP issues and would know what the impact of letting him go would be both long and short term with respect to CAP availability?

Is it a fact that he approves all the PR aspects of letting players go?

Is it a fact that he is in charge of the scouting staff that would have to find the player who would replace the guy he just fired.

Comeon my friend.
    Like it or not, the Vikings are a real NFL organization with a real Staff structure that makes these types of decisions.
    Sure, the head coach has a say, but it isn't his decision to make my friend.
    Take the Lions recent moves for instance.
    Was it the HC who determined that they should trade one of the best WR's away for some future draft picks as well as basically nominating a rookie QB as starter over a Vet QB.
    Nope, those decisions were made by the FO with the owners blessing.

How about the Bengals.
    Was it the HC who brought back a problem child after he said he didn't want him back or was it the FO and owner who brought him back?

Or how about the Cowgirls.
    Was it the Tuna who brought in TO or the FO, which by the way eventually lead to the Tuna moving on.

If you still doubt me, go look at each and every NFL team site and look at how they are structured.
    Those guys that are called the GM's have alot more say about who is on the roster than most fans want to admit.

For the life of me, I just don't understand why that concept is so hard to grasp.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    No coach will be fired this season any more.
    I disagree. If we lose the next 2 home games, I think Chilly is done. 3-6 is not good.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I disagree. If we lose the next 2 home games, I think Chilly is done. 3-6 is not good.
    I'm on the official "His ass is gone" bandwagon, however, I just don't see what firing him would do now?

It would force the same coaching staff to continue down the same path of destruction with respect to the Chillers System for getting the team ready. Which, by the way, any self respecting football fans knows is the problem.
    ;D

Nope, as much as I hate to say it, let him slog it out for the following reasons......

a.
    Consistency be damned, this team is still playing hard for him.
    b.
    Who you gonna put in his spot...........There is no one available right now other than a bunch of retreads that aren't much better than the Chiller.
    c.
    If you shit can him it will send a message to the team that you have given up for the season.

He will be gone soon enough.
    Let the front office chew on bigger issues right now and start seriously looking for a replacement that will right the ship.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I'm on the official "His jiggly butt is gone" bandwagon, however, I just don't see what firing him would do now?

It would force the same coaching staff to continue down the same path of destruction with respect to the Chillers System for getting the team ready. Which, by the way, any self respecting football fans knows is the problem.

;D

Nope, as much as I hate to say it, let him slog it out for the following reasons......

a.
    b.
    Who you gonna put in his spot...........There is no one available right now other than a bunch of retreads that aren't much better than the Chiller.
    c.
    If you pooh can him it will send a message to the team that you have given up for the season.

Let the front office chew on bigger issues right now and start seriously looking for a replacement that will right the ship.
    Marr,
    The Rams are still plying hard and looking better( how ever their issues were more injury related)

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I'm on the official "His jiggly butt is gone" bandwagon, however, I just don't see what firing him would do now?

;D

a.
    b.
    c.
    If you pooh can him it will send a message to the team that you have given up for the season.

Marr,
    The Rams are still plying hard and looking better( how ever their issues were more injury related)
    The Rams had a viable option sitting in the wings waiting who actually had a system he ran as a head coach at one point.

We on the other hand have Bevell and a guy named Leslie.
    Which one of those two yutz's have ever run a system to get a NFL team ready?

Again, my whole contention with the Chiller isn't his coaching abilities related to X's and O's but rather his system he uses to get this team ready.
    Its flawed and breeds inconsistency but to just get rid of it and let one of our Coords experiment is simply crazy talk IMHO.

Again, he hasn't lost the team, the players still fit the scheme, maybe he will get his head out of his ass long enough to tweak his system so that he can get the players to eliminate some of their bonehead screwups.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast