Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Who's on the hottest seat in the NFL?

9. Tarvaris Jackson, Quarterback, Minnesota: Talk about pressure. The Vikings are just about EVERYONE'S bandwagon team out of the NFC for '08. With arguably the best offensive and defensive lines in all of football, as well as the most powerful 1-2 rushing attack in the league lining up in the backfield, there's serious consideration for the Vikings as a Super Bowl contender heading into the training camp season. Yet, there are still serious doubts about the quarterback spot. Tarvaris Jackson showed some signs last year, but few Vikings fans would say they're exactly confident in the third-year guy. Minnesota drafted John David Booty in the fifth round of April's draft, and you'd be crazy to think some folks aren't already stirring up talk of a quarterback controversy up in Vikings country. After calmly leading his squad to a powerful five-game winning streak down the stretch last season, Jackson played rather poorly in a must-win versus Washington on a crucial Monday night game in Week 16. The contest cost Minny a playoff spot and again raised some serious doubts around Jackson's big-game ability. It'll take just a few slip-ups in '08 before the boo birds come out to sing. The third-year man needs to deliver the goods.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8200534/Who's-on-the-hottest-seat-in-the-NFL?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Who's on the hottest seat in the NFL?

poorly? more like horrendous in that washington game..fair assessment..hes got to improve ALOT for this season, otherwise, hes gotta go to the bench for a couple years
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

he Vikings are just about EVERYONE'S bandwagon team out of the NFC for '08. With arguably the best offensive and defensive lines in all of football, as well as the most powerful 1-2 rushing attack in the league lining up in the backfield, there's serious consideration for the Vikings as a Super Bowl contender heading into the training camp season.

god i can't wait for training camp..

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

i do not like the hype that the vikings are getting, i would rather be flying under the radar than for people to jump on our bandwagon, it would aslo take some pressure off of the "ugly duckling"

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    i do not like the hype that the vikings are getting, i would rather be flying under the radar than for people to jump on our bandwagon, it would aslo take some pressure off of the "ugly duckling"
    Yeah, I agree.
    It reminds me too much of '99.
    Everyone was saying that Moss would be even MORE terrifying, what with a years experience under his belt.
    And what did the Vikings do in '99?
    Lay a goose egg.
    =/

And don't even get me started about that NFC Championship game in New York a year or so later...
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

YAY!!

Everybody vote for Tavaris....

Oh wait... I suppose this would be a poll that we don't want to win?
    i m better than you, so just give up...

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

as much as we would all like to be the underdog here, we have a few reasons that jump out and say.. "WE are a Winning team this year!"

1. AD + CT
    2. DL (3 proBowlers and up and coming Ray)
    3. BB + Rice
    4. OL returning together

now nationally there are a few things i'm sure people don't see. like.. All of the things Bchill was saying in the begining of his era.. "It all begins in the trenches" and how he wanted to make this team fit his scheme ideas. 3 years later and I think the Tri-Headed powers that be have really shaped up a team based on specific talents desires, and very detailed schematic placements.

This for me is why yes we SHOULD be contenders!!
    now. do i think we run the show? maybe.. but if we don't. this scheme, and the age of the players we have generaly shows we'll be running to the show for years to come. Now.. as the article says.. is Tjack that last piece?
    is the combo Tjack/Booty the Bchill special cog that will drive the gears and bring the Bikes to the upper elites? we'll enjoy seeing the ride i'm sure.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    If Jackson can't take the hype he will never be able to take the pressure of a Super Bowl.
    This is his third year and he needs to step up and become an NFL QB.

WWBGD

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"digital420" wrote:
    as much as we would all like to be the underdog here, we have a few reasons that jump out and say.. "WE are a Winning team this year!"

1. AD + CT
    2. DL (3 proBowlers and up and coming Ray)
    3. BB + Rice
    4. OL returning together

now nationally there are a few things i'm sure people don't see. like.. All of the things Bchill was saying in the begining of his era.. "It all begins in the trenches" and how he wanted to make this team fit his scheme ideas. 3 years later and I think the Tri-Headed powers that be have really shaped up a team based on specific talents desires, and very detailed schematic placements.

This for me is why yes we SHOULD be contenders!!
    now. do i think we run the show? maybe.. but if we don't. this scheme, and the age of the players we have generaly shows we'll be running to the show for years to come. Now.. as the article says.. is Tjack that last piece?
    is the combo Tjack/Booty the Bchill special cog that will drive the gears and bring the Bikes to the upper elites? we'll enjoy seeing the ride i'm sure.

DiGiTaL
    Not a bad post for a Hockey player from Greece.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"olson_10" wrote:
    poorly? more like horrendous in that washington game..fair assessment..hes got to improve ALOT for this season, otherwise, hes gotta go to the bench for a couple years
    Seriously, I know you don't like the kid but ALOT?

We went 8-4 with him under center last year and if nothing else the defense will be better, our WR Corp will be better and our running game, believe it or not, should also get better.

All TJ has to do is play a little bit better and we should win 2 more games. If he plays a little bit better than a little bit better we should win at least 3 or 4 more games.

Then throw in the fact that the Bores and Lions really didn't do much to make themselves any better and GB will be without Favre.
    That should get us at least 2 more wins in the division (you would think).

I know everyone wants him to morph into Brady or Peyton this year or they won't be happy but I will be happy with an improvement in his play equal to what he improved on last year.

If he does that it should be more than enough to get us into the playoffs this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast