Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Who's hall of fame bound

"sleepagent" wrote:
    3 pages of players, and the closest thing to a Vikings is RANDY MOSS.
    Is it Coaching or can't we draft studs anymore??
    Hutch made the list
    Steve Hutchinson, G, Minnesota Vikings
    Decision: Needs more work.
    He's been one of the best guards in football -- and the best at times -- the past five years, but he needs more time to show he can sustain it.
    he should be in after his 4th superbowl.
    Adam Vinatieri, K, Indianapolis Colts
    Decision: On the bubble.
    It's tough to get kickers into the Hall, but his clutch kicking for the Patriots, helping them to three Super Bowl victories, will help. Also, he's far from done.
    Randy Moss, WR, New England Patriots
    I've seen some opinions that no matter what he does, he can't get in because he quit on his team. That's crazy. If he can revert to the old Moss, and put up big numbers for a few more years, he deserves to get in.
    He didn't really quit on his team, he just takes plays off. He will make it because of his time with the vikings.

LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, San Diego Chargers
    If he has another LT-like season in 2007, he's in. So it's basically just a formality. He's halfway to the rushing record.
    he's in no matter what.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

We should have Chris Carter going in next year.
    What about Gary Anderson, he kicked for so long he might make it someday.
    I don't know about our current roster, hopefully AD 15 years from now.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingivan" wrote:
    We should have Chris Carter going in next year.
    What about Gary Anderson, he kicked for so long he might make it someday.
    I don't know about our current roster, hopefully AD 15 years from now.
    Cris Carter is a first ballot hall of famer no doubt about it.

Fuck Gary Anderson. I don't care how long he played for, or how good he was his entire career. He missed against Atlanta and cost us a trip to the super bowl.

No comment on current/future players.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Peyton Manning, Adam Vinatari, LaDanian Tomlinson, Ed Reed, Brian Urlacher. I think they all will be hall of famers.

As for current Viking players... Why not Kevin Williams? Lets give him like 8 more years and see what happens.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
    Decision: Welcome to Canton.
    Three Super Bowl rings and some big-time numbers have him in already. Scary thing is, he's far from finished.
    He won't ever make it, he didn't hire a union plumber.
    But then again they put in Michael Irvin
    I don't see how they can let him in and keep someone like Moss out,
    Moss already has better career statistics than Irvin and has no worse character issues...
    Well Moss might get in when he gets to that point. I were more surprised they snupped Art Monk

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Edgerrin James, RB, Arizona Cardinals
    He's over 10,000 yards, but I still think he needs more work. He better hope 2006 was an aberration and was more about the Cardinals' line than his abilities.
    Yeah He had Peyton Manning so I dont know. He didnt do so good when he got to Arizona because he didnt have Peyton. If everyone forced to play the pass the back will have opportunities for greatness. Thats why Marshall Faulk was hall of fame bound. If he was in say Chicago he wouldnt be nearly as great. He'd be great just not as great. Ehh if he does good this yearwhich I hope because hes my fantasy runningback then I see that will improve his chances of getting in drastically.

Keenan McCardell, WR, Unsigned
    He is ninth all time with 861 catches, but he's done so mostly out of the spotlight. He did win a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay, which will help. He says he wants to play until he gets 1,000 catches. If that happens, who knows?
    how many touchdown passes did he have last year. Wasnt it 0? How many HOF WRs are there that had 0 TDs in a season while starting the whole season? I don't know I don't think hes proven yet.

PS unsigned. No ones picked him up? Why havent we taken a look at him? Sure i just dissed him for a paragraph and this sound hypocritical but I think he might not be good enough fo rthe HOF but i do think hes good enough for the Vikes.

Ty Law, CB, Kansas City Chiefs
    Some people will say he's a candidate, but I don't think he will get in. He's been a nice player, but not a great one.
    Nah. I like his statement which leads me to him being lower then "On the bubble"

I've seen some opinions that no matter what he does, he can't get in because he quit on his team. That's crazy. If he can revert to the old Moss, and put up big numbers for a few more years, he deserves to get in.
    MOSS IS IN. Yeah it may be a bit homer effected but come on. Id be willing to say he's the second best Wide Reciever ever. His stats are the second best ever. Rookie season. Arguably the best a reciever has ever had. Jerry Rice is the only WR that passes his stats and rookie stats. Come on. He deserves in and the only reason people think he aint that great is becasue he played in Oakland. He had who Aaron Brooks throwing him the football. Come on he never lost his way. Tom Brady throwing him the football there will be no reverting. He'll just be great.

Kurt Warner, QB, Arizona Cardinals
    Decision: No way.
    Despite being a two-time MVP, Warner's success was too short. But he should go into the Good-guy Hall of Fame.
    Give me a break. He'll be in come on he's possibly the greatest quarterback to play for Rams and u got Holt and Bruce his recievers as a higher chance of getting in. (He's going to be the one to blame for those and Marshal Faulk getting in. Marshal Faulk second person to gain 1000 yrds rushing and recieving.) They say those guys made him great. I think Warner made them great. Thats stupid. 2-time MVP. I mean this guy was a inspiration. That he's not good enough for the NFL goes to arena league and taken out of there becomes great and is a 2-time MVP. You can't write a better script then that. Those two season were one of the best for a qb and his career rating is far superior to Favre's and Brady's and just shy of Manning's.

"Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    MOSS IS IN. Yeah it may be a bit homer effected but come on. Id be willing to say he's the second best Wide Reciever ever. His stats are the second best ever. Rookie season. Arguably the best a reciever has ever had. Jerry Rice is the only WR that passes his stats and rookie stats. Come on. He deserves in and the only reason people think he aint that great is becasue he played in Oakland. He had who Aaron Brooks throwing him the football. Come on he never lost his way. Tom Brady throwing him the football there will be no reverting. He'll just be great.
    Randy Moss is a better WR than Cris Carter?
    Really?

And, IMHO, Cris Carter is only #3 behind Jerry Rice and Lance Alworth.
    Look up Alworth's career - he did some amazing things in an era where they weren't really flinging the ball around 45 times a game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

It's a little early to say for sure but..
    Joe Mauer
    Justin Morneau
    Johan Santana
    Francisco Liriano

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    MOSS IS IN. Yeah it may be a bit homer effected but come on. Id be willing to say he's the second best Wide Reciever ever. His stats are the second best ever. Rookie season. Arguably one of the best a reciever has ever had. Jerry Rice is the only WR that passes his stats in his rookie year. Come on. He deserves in and the only reason people think he aint that great is becasue he played in Oakland. He had who Aaron Brooks throwing him the football. Come on he never lost his way. Tom Brady throwing him the football there will be no reverting. He'll just be great.
    Randy Moss is a better WR than Cris Carter?
    Really?

And, IMHO, Cris Carter is only #3 behind Jerry Rice and Lance Alworth.
    Look up Alworth's career - he did some amazing things in an era where they weren't really flinging the ball around 45 times a game.

=Z=
    Yeah your probably right about most of that but what i meant second best stats I mean like I said right after. Rookie season. but it looked differnetly Ill word it better next time.
    That other stuff is true but I think that Randy Moss did become better then Carter after Carter retired so u never saw it. His rookie season he was almost as feared as Carter. As far as Alworths I guess I cant argue with that but I would dfinately put moss near that 2 spot as far as pure talent and skill goes
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    It's a little early to say for sure but..
    Joe Mauer
    Justin Morneau
    Johan Santana
    Francisco Liriano

lo ldude were talking about Football. you know the REAL american pastime
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast