Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Who are YOU rooting for?

I'm an NFC guy (pathetic, I know) so I'll root first for any NFC team except for the Cowboys and Giants (dislike Giants fans).

After the NFC teams I'd pull for the Chargers, mainly for Marty, and for the Colts and Dungy.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

afc- chargers hands down LT is to good to stop
    nfc- even though its impossible the Vikes

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I'm a Vikings fan and a football fan... so once the vikes are out if it, it totally depends on who is continuing on.
    This year I think I'd like to see the Saints do good if it can't be the Vikes.

I love Dungy, but I absolutely hate Manning.
    So I could never cheer for the Colts.
    Manning is not a team player, he showed that after their playoff loss last year.
    So now I don't want anything good to happen for him.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am rooting for the underdog.
    I hate all the other teams, some more than others.
    But I will pick the underdog always...unless we are playing them.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I just want the Bears to lose. Thats all I really care about. I don't want them in the Superbowl. I guess I would like to see the Chargers make it though. LT is so fun to watch and I want to keep watching him play.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I am a Vikings fan. I'm routing for the Vikes.

If the Vikings aren't playing in the Playoffs/Super Bowl, them I'm not routing for anyone.

It's just that gol 'darnit simple.

I'm not the type of fan who says "Well my teams seasons done, who can I rout for now?" and then scream "Yea! The team I was routing for & wanted to win, won the Super Bowl!"

One team, one passion, Minnesota Vikings.
    Meh, after the Vikes are done I usually pick a team for fun. To me, that sounds like the true fan argument. "I'm so committed to the Vikes, I can't root for anyone else." That's bollocks to me.

IMO, if you think you're a superior fan because of that, that's fine with me. I'm going to enjoy the playoffs and pull for players.

I have a few players that I like around the league (LT, Manning, etc.) and I would like to see them win the Super Bowl if the Vikes don't have a shot.

Sure, there is an outside chance the Vikes could make the playoffs, but it doesn't look promising after today. So obviously, this thread assumes they're out of it.

I won't jump around and go "Yay! The Chargers won!" if they win the whole thing, but I will be happy to see good guys like Marty and LT win something.
    Don't take me wrong Ltrey, I'm not dissing on you, that's why I didn't quote you.

That's just the way I am. Outside are division, I rarely watch other football games other than an occassional Monday night game.

There's a lot of people into fantasy football, (I'm not one of them) who pull for certain teams or players all year long and/or after there team has been eliminated or they have 2 teams they like.

Again, that's just not me. I'm just not to interested in non-divisional football games like a lot of our fans are.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I rooting for Santa Clause to remember to come to my house this year.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I am a Vikings fan. I'm routing for the Vikes.

If the Vikings aren't playing in the Playoffs/Super Bowl, them I'm not routing for anyone.

It's just that gol 'darnit simple.

I'm not the type of fan who says "Well my teams seasons done, who can I rout for now?" and then scream "Yea! The team I was routing for & wanted to win, won the Super Bowl!"

One team, one passion, Minnesota Vikings.
    Meh, after the Vikes are done I usually pick a team for fun. To me, that sounds like the true fan argument. "I'm so committed to the Vikes, I can't root for anyone else." That's bollocks to me.

IMO, if you think you're a superior fan because of that, that's fine with me. I'm going to enjoy the playoffs and pull for players.

I have a few players that I like around the league (LT, Manning, etc.) and I would like to see them win the Super Bowl if the Vikes don't have a shot.

Sure, there is an outside chance the Vikes could make the playoffs, but it doesn't look promising after today. So obviously, this thread assumes they're out of it.

I won't jump around and go "Yay! The Chargers won!" if they win the whole thing, but I will be happy to see good guys like Marty and LT win something.
    Don't take me wrong Ltrey, I'm not dissing on you, that's why I didn't quote you.

That's just the way I am. Outside are division, I rarely watch other football games other than an occassional Monday night game.

There's a lot of people into fantasy football, (I'm not one of them) who pull for certain teams or players all year long and/or after there team has been eliminated or they have 2 teams they like.

Again, that's just not me. I'm just not to interested in non-divisional football games like a lot of our fans are.
    I understand that, but I still like to watch good players play. I figured you weren't calling me out or anything, lol. I've heard guys make the argument that they're so devoted that they can't root for anyone else without feeling "guilty". I think that is crap. I think you can still be as passionate as we are about the Vikings and still root for other teams if the Vikes are out of it and not be a bad fan.

I guess I just like to watch football. Obviously I have a passion for the Vikes, but I can watch the sport for the fun it brings.

I'm rooting for whoever plays the Giants and Falcons. One loss by both teams and two Viking wins, we make the playoffs.

If not.....whoever represents the NFC.

Go Vikes!!!
    It all starts up front

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I guess I just like to watch football. Obviously I have a passion for the Vikes, but I can watch the sport for the fun it brings.
    I will watch most any sports on TV in the right context.
    Golf is deathly boring - but I will watch the majors because of the level of the competition and the drama of the context.

I think NOTHING is more enjoyable in TV sports watching than a great NFL football game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast