Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm rooting for the Seahawks... gotta represent the NFC.
    Why? Because the Vikings are inthe NFC? In that case gotta root for the Packers and Bears anytime they make the playoffs
    While I like Peyton, my distaste for John Elway is far greater. Also, find Manning boring to watch these days. It's almost as if he's too good... if that makes any sense whatsoever.
    Yeah, watching a guy put up 5400+ yards and 55 tds can't be entertaining..... But seriously, I sort of get what you're saying. YOu expect 400 yards and 4 tds from Manning, anything less is considered lame.

  2. #22
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Why? Because the Vikings are inthe NFC? In that case gotta root for the Packers and Bears anytime they make the playoffs

    Yeah, watching a guy put up 5400+ yards and 55 tds can't be entertaining..... But seriously, I sort of get what you're saying. YOu expect 400 yards and 4 tds from Manning, anything less is considered lame.


    Yeah, not trying to disrespect the guy or anything... it's just that when you see a guy average 350 yards and 3 TDs a game who doesn't play for the Vikings, it's just sorta like - ENOUGH ALREADY!

    I do like Peyton though, just rooting for the Sehawks this year. To be honest, don't give a sh*t either way.

    (ps - and yes, I was rooting for Green Bay over the Steelers in SB XLV... the Steelers are my least favorite team in the NFL. I live in Erie, PA and Steelers fans are OBNOXIOUS.)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #23
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Not a fan of Sherman's post game rant...but I've seen other interviews with him where he's almost completely the opposite of that. Of course, Brady calling him out didn't help.

    That said, I'm sort of on the fence. I've disliked Seattle since the poison-pill exchange, and having our cast-offs there doesn't endear them to me. But I like Wilson.

    meanwhile, I like Manning, and hope he can tie his over-rated Brother and get his second.

    I guess I'm pulling for Denver....and Sherman had nothing to do with that.

    Caine
    Totally respect that. I also want him to finish with more SB rings than his brother, or at least tie him.

    In regards to Sherman - Personally, I'm tired of the cookie-cutter responses in post game interviews. Loved that FOX shoved a mic in his face 30 seconds after winning the NFCC and he just sorta let his emotions get the best of him. That's what sports are all about and FOX didn't know how to handle it. Serves them right. Was it the most professional interview in the world? No, but at least he didn't say, "We played hard and... blah blah blah..." Nice to see a player let it all out. I'm a big Sherman fan.

    Realize Sherman has nothing to do with your choice, just putting my opinion out there.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 01-23-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #24
    keystonevike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Eagles fans are assholes, and downright dangerous. They also throw their own team under the bus. You constantly hear stories of violence and abuse towards away fans, or even other Eagles fans.

    You don't hear those kind of things about Seahawks fans, just generally classless.
    Back in the Hershel Walker days, my buddy, Pete, went to Philadelphia to see Vikes/Eagles and he had with him a Vikes helmet he would take to games to get players' autographs on. He did this whenever he went to a game. But this particular game, he was sitting in his seat with the helmet on his lap. An Eagles fan going up the steps grabbed the helmet and started running up the steps to his seat. Pete followed him. When the guy reached his seat, he squeezed the helmet on his head. Pete grabbed the helmet by the facemask and ripped it off the guy's head, and stared the guy down and he told me the guy's ears and cheeks were a bright red from him ripping the helmet off. Pete said he waited for retaliation from him but there was none. He probably didn't have enough friends and relatives with him. Pete then returned to his seat. When he told me this, I laughed and said "I wish the guys head was still in the helmet."
    And its not only football, Philadelphia fans of any sport are all low grade assholes.

  5. #25
    keystonevike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    294
    If the Broncos stuff Marshawn Lynch the way they stuffed LaGarrette Blount in AFC CG, they win this game. Wilson is good but he's gonna need an effective running game to pull this one off despite the Seahawks excellent D. They trailed in the NFC CG until Lynch got going in the second half.

  6. #26
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    859
    The two teams facing off in this year's Superbowl represents the only two states where weed is legal in the US ! Coincidence ? I think not. Come on Minnesota, legalize weed and get us to the Superbowl !

  7. #27
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    859
    Broncos 34-23.

  8. #28
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Totally respect that. I also want him to finish with more SB rings than his brother, or at least tie him.

    In regards to Sherman - Personally, I'm tired of the cookie-cutter responses in post game interviews. Loved that FOX shoved a mic in his face 30 seconds after winning the NFCC and he just sorta let his emotions get the best of him. That's what sports are all about and FOX didn't know how to handle it. Serves them right. Was it the most professional interview in the world? No, but at least he didn't say, "We played hard and... blah blah blah..." Nice to see a player let it all out. I'm a big Sherman fan.

    Realize Sherman has nothing to do with your choice, just putting my opinion out there.
    Sherman made a great play when it counted, and if he had stuck to "I'm the greatest", I would not have minded one whit. But the dude just can't lift himself up alone, he has this need to tear others down. Personally, I'm sick of these types of players...since Wright burned Sherman earlier in the year, does that make Sherman "mediocre"?

    I like my trash talk pregame, and respect for opponents post-game. It was a great game, and the 49ers looked like they were the better team until crunch time; but that is over-shadowed by a guy who couldn't keep his comments centered on the great play he just made.

    And for the "sticking the mic in his grill 30 seconds after the game" crap...like that had NEVER happened until this game, right? Or maybe the other people who have had it done to them just didn't have Sherman's "passion"...huh?

    Some people need to tear everyone down while they stand gloating. Until I see otherwise, Sherman is one.
    Last edited by drewlovs; 01-29-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

  9. #29
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Sherman made a great play when it counted, and if he had stuck to "I'm the greatest", I would not have minded one whit. But the dude just can't lift himself up alone, he has this need to tear others down. Personally, I'm sick of these types of players...since Wright burned Sherman earlier in the year, does that make Sherman "mediocre"?

    I like my trash talk pregame, and respect for opponents post-game. It was a great game, and the 49ers looked like they were the better team until crunch time; but that is over-shadowed by a guy who couldn't keep his comments centered on the great play he just made.

    And for the "sticking the mic in his grill 30 seconds after the game" crap...like that had NEVER happened until this game, right? Or maybe the other people who have had it done to them just didn't have Sherman's "passion"...huh?

    Some people need to tear everyone down while they stand gloating. Until I see otherwise, Sherman is one.
    I like Sherman and he may be the best corner. Airing his personal feelings against Crabtree just revealed a motivational source that is probably common amongst players. He will possibly find a more diplomatic way to express his self next time. But truthfully, though it was a good play by Sherman, the ball was underthrown. 6 inches higher and there is a good chance it's a touchdown.

  10. #30
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Sherman made a great play when it counted, and if he had stuck to "I'm the greatest", I would not have minded one whit. But the dude just can't lift himself up alone, he has this need to tear others down. Personally, I'm sick of these types of players...since Wright burned Sherman earlier in the year, does that make Sherman "mediocre"?

    I like my trash talk pregame, and respect for opponents post-game. It was a great game, and the 49ers looked like they were the better team until crunch time; but that is over-shadowed by a guy who couldn't keep his comments centered on the great play he just made.

    And for the "sticking the mic in his grill 30 seconds after the game" crap...like that had NEVER happened until this game, right? Or maybe the other people who have had it done to them just didn't have Sherman's "passion"...huh?

    Some people need to tear everyone down while they stand gloating. Until I see otherwise, Sherman is one.
    Crabtree is the definition of mediocre though, just look at his career stats, so if the shoe fits... Whereas Sherman is a 2x all pro (2012, 2013). So, Sherman was actually 100% correct.

    Regarding Jarius Wright burning Sherman for a TD... that just means Wright had a good play. Obviously it was anomalous of Sherman's career, which as stated before... he's a 2x all pro and probably the best corner in the league. So you're attempt to make a point here failed miserably, simply by taking a realistic look at their overall seasons/careers.

    49ers looked like the better team until crunch time? They had some lucky plays early in the game, but I would hardly say they looked like the better team until crunch time. Were you watching the same game as I was? Besides Kaepernick scrambling, the 49ers couldn't really generate any offense.

    And regarding the mic being put in Sherman's face 30 seconds after making the play - Not sure if it's ever happened before or not, that wasn't my point. My point is that some players are passionate... and yes, some players are more passionate and emotional than others [GASP]. Sherman's rant may have lacked some tact, but if you want classy interviews and dinner-table etiquette in your sports... football probably isn't the best sport for you. You should checkout tennis.

    Sherman is a character. I like people with character, whether it's brash or humble. Adds to the pallet of the NFL. What I'm tired of is soulless interviews, where players rehash the same ol' garbage about playing hard and being prepared. Those sort of pre-fabricated answers are for people who can't accept anything but the status quo and need stale continuity in their day-to-day lives. Those are the sort of people who are upset by Sherman.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 01-30-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •