Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who will be the next WR to make the NFL HOF?

Just because one player has the numbers does not mean he gets in for sure. For me, a hall of fame is someone who is the best at their position for the majority of their career. When you talk about this player, he is always mentioned with the best. Right now and for the last 10 years when you are talking Quarterback there is always two names that come up: Brady and Manning.

When Carter, Brown, and Reed were playing, can they name be said in the same light? I am too young to really comment on Reed in this type of context, but Brown and Carter I watched. Never would I have put Brown in the chat of top 5 receivers in the league when he was playing. By the numbers, his career was pretty unreal. Another guy with sick numbers kind of in the same category is Tory Holt. Obviously he is not hall of fame eligible yet, but its the same argument.

Carter might has the best hands this league has ever seen. Sure we are a little bias here on the site, but when he retired he was 2nd only to the great of all time in Jerry Rice. You can argue a lot of Carter's numbers were because he was playing with Randy Moss who demanded a lot of attention, but Carter was unreal when he played. He deserved to get into the HoF and I am still surprised that this was not his year. He should be able to get in next year as there is not that many good names who are newly eligible.
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "ultravikingfan" #1089032
    Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1089030
    It looks like Reed will get in before Carter.

That would be a damn shame, as anyone who has seen them both play should see that Carter was the superior receiver. Carter's stats are much better as well. Leading the NFL in reception TDs three times and twice hitting 122 receptions when 100 receptions was rare for anyone not named Jerry Rice.

Tim Brown? His stats are not even close.
    Close to who?

Although Carter is my favorite player ever, Brown's stats are just as close.

Brown:
    Receptions --- 1,094
    Yards --- 14,934
    TD's --- 100

Carter:
    Receptions --- 1,101
    Yards --- 13,899
    TD's --- 130

Carter has the clear edge on TD's. Brown has yards. And with a 7 reception difference receptions is a wash.

So to say Brown is not close is not accurate at all.
    Add in another ~4500 return yards for Brown (PR & KR) and 4 career return TDs and now you could argue that he pulls ahead of CC.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1089058
    Carter might has the best hands this league has ever seen.
    I cannot stress enough how much I hate "this league has ever seen" comments.

Stick with "I've ever seen", okay? The ghost of Lance Allworth will haunt you otherwise.

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1089061

Stick with "I've ever seen", okay? The ghost of Lance Allworth will haunt you otherwise.

=Z=
    The league has ever seen at the time that he played.

Better?
    We're bringing purple back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

=Z=
    I'd agree with you in many cases, but can you honestly name a guy with better hands than carter?

Try. Rice? nope. reed? not even close. Brown? sorry, no. go back even farther. Hell, throw in fitzgerald, he might go down as one of the best. He doesn't match carter.

I've seen vids of Lance Alworth. And you can call me young, you can claim I don't really know about the old guys, but i'm sorry, that's pure bs. Carter had top 5 hands. It's indisputable. He deserves to be in the HOF. there's no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1089103

I'd agree with you in many cases, but can you honestly name a guy with better hands than carter?

Try. Rice? nope. reed? not even close. Brown? sorry, no. go back even farther. Hell, throw in fitzgerald, he might go down as one of the best. He doesn't match carter.

I've seen vids of Lance Alworth. And you can call me young, you can claim I don't really know about the old guys, but i'm sorry, that's pure bs. Carter had top 5 hands. It's indisputable. He deserves to be in the HOF. there's no argument.
    Where did I say he didn't deserve to go in?

=Z=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12