Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who will get the axe?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I will give you EJ to a point.
    Problem is, EJ is a MLB that, in this scheme, actually drops back into pass coverage or helps out in the run at the next level and has no real impact on the rotation/productivity of the DL.

As to who we had to rotate??????
    I could have sworn there were more guys than Otis and B-rob........ In fact, aren't we carrying more DLmen this year than ever?
    :
    Yes, we are.

DT's: Kenndrick Allen, Letroy Guion, Jimmy Kennedy, Kevin Williams, Ellis Wyms
    NT's: Pat Williams, Fred Evans

DE: Jared Allen (shoulder and knee injuries), Ray Edwards (having an MRI today on his knee), Brian Robison (who btw had arthroscopic surgery on his knee Dec. 2), Otis Grigsby (only active in 8 games, 1 tackle all season), Jayme Mitchell (IR), Kenechi Udeze (Nonfootball related IR, doesn't count against roster)

So yea, we have 12 linemen on the roster, 13 on the payroll.
    But look at the list.

And yes, E.J. (or our MLB's in general) don't help the DL rotation, but you're absolutely in denial if you think they don't affect DLine productivity.

When E.J. cheats to the line of scrimmage, either for an actual blitz or just to toy with the offense, the linemen have to account for him, and thats a major factor in their blocking scheme.
    If we had him here this season, our DLine could only benefit - especially the men over the middle of the ball
    I agree, he does have a role, however, his cheating the line doesn't keep the other DL legs fresh.
    To my knowledge Leslie has never taken out a guy resulting in EJ putting his hand on the ground and lining up against the G, C or T.

;D

Whats wrong with that list?
    Are you trying to tell me a good coach couldn't get production from that group especially since we had 2 probowlers (still hate that achievement) all year and 3 most of it?

I think even I could come up with a rotation with a crowd like that..... ;D
    Are you trying to tell me we haven't gotten good production from that group?

The injuries to Robison and Mitchell have resulted in Allen and Edwards seeing much more time. We have rotated DTs, but not DEs for that reason.

It has worked.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I will give you EJ to a point.
    Problem is, EJ is a MLB that, in this scheme, actually drops back into pass coverage or helps out in the run at the next level and has no real impact on the rotation/productivity of the DL.

As to who we had to rotate??????
    I could have sworn there were more guys than Otis and B-rob........ In fact, aren't we carrying more DLmen this year than ever?
    :
    Yes, we are.

DT's: Kenndrick Allen, Letroy Guion, Jimmy Kennedy, Kevin Williams, Ellis Wyms
    NT's: Pat Williams, Fred Evans

DE: Jared Allen (shoulder and knee injuries), Ray Edwards (having an MRI today on his knee), Brian Robison (who btw had arthroscopic surgery on his knee Dec. 2), Otis Grigsby (only active in 8 games, 1 tackle all season), Jayme Mitchell (IR), Kenechi Udeze (Nonfootball related IR, doesn't count against roster)

So yea, we have 12 linemen on the roster, 13 on the payroll.
    But look at the list.

And yes, E.J. (or our MLB's in general) don't help the DL rotation, but you're absolutely in denial if you think they don't affect DLine productivity.

When E.J. cheats to the line of scrimmage, either for an actual blitz or just to toy with the offense, the linemen have to account for him, and thats a major factor in their blocking scheme.
    If we had him here this season, our DLine could only benefit - especially the men over the middle of the ball
    I agree, he does have a role, however, his cheating the line doesn't keep the other DL legs fresh.
    To my knowledge Leslie has never taken out a guy resulting in EJ putting his hand on the ground and lining up against the G, C or T.

;D

Whats wrong with that list?
    Are you trying to tell me a good coach couldn't get production from that group especially since we had 2 probowlers (still hate that achievement) all year and 3 most of it?

I think even I could come up with a rotation with a crowd like that..... ;D
    Are you trying to tell me we haven't gotten good production from that group?

The injuries to Robison and Mitchell have resulted in Allen and Edwards seeing much more time. We have rotated DTs, but not DEs for that reason.

It has worked.
    As with all of my special topics, I give credit if/when credit is due.
    He came up with a nice rotation a couple of times this year, even with the injuries.

How many times this year did the opposing team come out after the half and march down for a opening half score?
    How many times this year have we watched a QB stand back there (mostly in the first half) and have all day long to score?
    How long did it take for JA to really start to get sacks?

Were is JA at in sacks this year?
    About the same as he was with KC.
    Damn, guess playing next to Phat Pat and Kevin is about the same as playing next to the KC nobody's.

Long story short, I just don't see that he is as great as most on here contend.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Damn, guess playing next to Phat Pat and Kevin is about the same as playing next to the KC nobody's.

Riiiight, him playing next to Kevin and Pat is the same as playing next to KC's nobodys.
    Except that our backup tackle this year had 1/2 a sack less (2.5) than their starting DT last year (3 sacks).
    With Allen joining our DLine, KWill has returned to his old self with 8.5 sacks.

Plus, even tho Edwards has only recorded 5 sacks this season, he definitely was in the back field plenty recording QB Hurries (haven't found the official stat for it yet, but I know by the.. 3rd? game he had an official 7 hurries for a team best, altho having an injured shoulder at that point)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, Allen has made a tremendous impact on our d line this season IMO. Just look at our pass defense stats, we aren't at the bottom as usual but closer to middle of the pack. Just think if EJ would've played all year too! He was definitely worth whatever we gave away in picks and money! Let's just hope he does it for the next five years or so!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Browns fire Crennel
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    gol 'darnit, guess playing next to Phat Pat and Kevin is about the same as playing next to the KC nobody's.

Riiiight, him playing next to Kevin and Pat is the same as playing next to KC's nobodys.
    Except that our backup tackle this year had 1/2 a sack less (2.5) than their starting DT last year (3 sacks).
    With Allen joining our DLine, KWill has returned to his old self with 8.5 sacks.

Plus, even tho Edwards has only recorded 5 sacks this season, he definitely was in the back field plenty recording QB Hurries (haven't found the official stat for it yet, but I know by the.. 3rd? game he had an official 7 hurries for a team best, altho having an injured shoulder at that point)
    Sure production was up a bit for a few of our players, however, wasn't that supposed to be a given.
    Who gets the credit for that?

Again, 3 probowlers lining up next to each other for almost the whole year, and you are happy with that production.

Looks like you really like the guy and I'm not gonna change your mind, however, I don't like the guy and you can't change mine.

My only hope in all of this is that he gets the nod for a HC'ing job and moves on.
    Then we can see what the next guy can do with this squad.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    gol 'darnit, guess playing next to Phat Pat and Kevin is about the same as playing next to the KC nobody's.

Sure production was up a bit for a few of our players, however, wasn't that supposed to be a given.

Again, 3 probowlers lining up next to each other for almost the whole year, and you are happy with that production.

Looks like you really like the guy and I'm not gonna change your mind, however, I don't like the guy and you can't change mine.

My only hope in all of this is that he gets the nod for a HC'ing job and moves on.
    If you go back to my first post when I chimed in.
    I've been defending Dunbar, not Leslie

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

If you go back to my first post when I chimed in.
    I've been defending Dunbar, not Leslie
    Same same in my book.
    Leslie and ultimately the Chiller buy off on the assignments, weekly preps etc.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Goodbye to Mangini, Crennel, and Marrinelli so far as head coaches

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think Mike McCarthy should get axed!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast