Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who will get the axe?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    With that said there could be a lot of new HCs out there.. one of them could be Leslie Frazier and he could bring some of his Defensive coaches to his potentialy new team or maybe Dunbar, Pugac or Woods could get defensive coordinator jobs around the league when the new staffs are deciced by whoever gets the HC nods around the league. Lets hope we can keep as much as possible.
    Well as long as the team is in the playoff hunt, the coaching staff can't be contacted or interview.
    Lets hope we have a long/deep run and all those positions are filled........

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade at D-cord and maybe DL.
    Don't care what you guys think, he got a gift horse in the mouth with that group and basically underachieved most of the season.

Not sure why everyone seems to think he is the next best thing to sliced bread.
    Hell, I bet even ragz could coach that defense and get as much production out of them..... ;D
    i will never understand why you want a new DL coach.
    Karl Dunbar is a great coach, Pat Williams has given Dunbar credit for all of his success and his three consecutive Pro Bowl appearances
    I gave you several reasons in my post.......

Seriously, do you think that DL played up to its potential this year?

I readily admit that some of our issues were directly related to the loss of Keneche which forced Ray to play out of position, however, were was the rotation that would help Ray stay fresh/healthy?

Long story short, if there is someone out there (as with the OL Coach) we need to go get him.
    We also lost Jayme Mitchell for the season, leaving us short one more solid backup DE.
    So "where was the rotation?" We only had Otis Grigsby and Brian Robison healthy for backups, and Grigsby has only been active for 8 games this season due to need at other positions.

And to answer your question, yes I think our DLine played pretty well this season, considering who we've lost, the BIGGEST loss being E.J. Henderson.
    Him being over the middle solidifies our line, having Napo there in his stead is a major step down.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    With that said there could be a lot of new HCs out there.. one of them could be Leslie Frazier and he could bring some of his Defensive coaches to his potentialy new team or maybe Dunbar, Pugac or Woods could get defensive coordinator jobs around the league when the new staffs are deciced by whoever gets the HC nods around the league. Lets hope we can keep as much as possible.
    Well as long as the team is in the playoff hunt, the coaching staff can't be contacted or interview.

Don't care what you guys think, he got a gift horse in the mouth with that group and basically underachieved most of the season.

Hell, I bet even ragz could coach that defense and get as much production out of them..... ;D
    Karl Dunbar is a great coach, Pat Williams has given Dunbar credit for all of his success and his three consecutive Pro Bowl appearances

I readily admit that some of our issues were directly related to the loss of Keneche which forced Ray to play out of position, however, were was the rotation that would help Ray stay fresh/healthy?

Long story short, if there is someone out there (as with the OL Coach) we need to go get him.
    We also lost Jayme Mitchell for the season, leaving us short one more solid backup DE.
    So "where was the rotation?" We only had Otis Grigsby and Brian Robison healthy for backups, and Grigsby has only been active for 8 games this season due to need at other positions.

And to answer your question, yes I think our DLine played pretty well this season, considering who we've lost, the BIGGEST loss being E.J. Henderson.
    Him being over the middle solidifies our line, having Napo there in his stead is a major step down.
    I will give you EJ to a point.
    Problem is, EJ is a MLB that, in this scheme, actually drops back into pass coverage or helps out in the run at the next level and has no real impact on the rotation/productivity of the DL.

As to who we had to rotate??????
    I could have sworn there were more guys than Otis and B-rob........ In fact, aren't we carrying more DLmen this year than ever?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=skum link=topic=49842.msg886470#msg886470 date=1230547344]

Problem is, EJ is a MLB that, in this scheme, actually drops back into pass coverage or helps out in the run at the next level and has no real impact on the rotation/productivity of the DL.

I could have sworn there were more guys than Otis and B-rob........ In fact, aren't we carrying more DLmen this year than ever?
    :
    [/quote]

Yes, we are.

DT's: Kenndrick Allen, Letroy Guion, Jimmy Kennedy, Kevin Williams, Ellis Wyms
    NT's: Pat Williams, Fred Evans

DE: Jared Allen (shoulder and knee injuries), Ray Edwards (having an MRI today on his knee), Brian Robison (who btw had arthroscopic surgery on his knee Dec. 2), Otis Grigsby (only active in 8 games, 1 tackle all season), Jayme Mitchell (IR), Kenechi Udeze (Nonfootball related IR, doesn't count against roster)

So yea, we have 12 linemen on the roster, 13 on the payroll.
    But look at the list.

And yes, E.J. (or our MLB's in general) don't help the DL rotation, but you're absolutely in denial if you think they don't affect DLine productivity.

When E.J. cheats to the line of scrimmage, either for an actual blitz or just to toy with the offense, the linemen have to account for him, and thats a major factor in their blocking scheme.
    If we had him here this season, our DLine could only benefit - especially the men over the middle of the ball

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

Seriously, Yes I do.

3 Pro Bowlers.
    Best Run D in the nation.
    4th in Sacks. They have been getting good pressure for 3 motnsh now.
    Guys like Evans, Robison, Kennedy, and Grigsby are not the best starters, but they are great coming off the bench.

Ray is always in there for the same reason Allen is always in there. He is a cut above the rest when it comes tom pass rushing and should definitely be in there on passing downs. The coaches made a decision to rotate DEs less because our startes are much more talented. I can't say I disagree. If anything, I would prefer Robison see more times on first downs.

To suggest Ray was playing hurt because we had no one else to rotate in is a bit of a reach.
    I would guess that Ray said he was good to go, and so the coaches put him back in.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49842.msg886477#msg886477 date=1230553344]

:
    [/quote]

Yes, we are.

DE: Jared Allen (shoulder and knee injuries), Ray Edwards (having an MRI today on his knee), Brian Robison (who btw had arthroscopic surgery on his knee Dec. 2), Otis Grigsby (only active in 8 games, 1 tackle all season), Jayme Mitchell (IR), Kenechi Udeze (Nonfootball related IR, doesn't count against roster)

But look at the list.

And yes, E.J. (or our MLB's in general) don't help the DL rotation, but you're absolutely in denial if you think they don't affect DLine productivity.

When E.J. cheats to the line of scrimmage, either for an actual blitz or just to toy with the offense, the linemen have to account for him, and thats a major factor in their blocking scheme.
    If we had him here this season, our DLine could only benefit - especially the men over the middle of the ball
    [/quote]
    I agree, he does have a role, however, his cheating the line doesn't keep the other DL legs fresh.
    To my knowledge Leslie has never taken out a guy resulting in EJ putting his hand on the ground and lining up against the G, C or T.
    ;D

Whats wrong with that list?
    Are you trying to tell me a good coach couldn't get production from that group especially since we had 2 probowlers (still hate that achievement) all year and 3 most of it?

I think even I could come up with a rotation with a crowd like that..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

Truthfully?
    He doesn't like the white streaks on his face.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikes_King link=topic=49842.msg886523#msg886523 date=1230557123]

:
    [/quote]

Yes, we are.

But look at the list.

[/quote]
    I agree, he does have a role, however, his cheating the line doesn't keep the other DL legs fresh.
    To my knowledge Leslie has never taken out a guy resulting in EJ putting his hand on the ground and lining up against the G, C or T.
    ;D

Are you trying to tell me a good coach couldn't get production from that group especially since we had 2 probowlers (still hate that achievement) all year and 3 most of it?

[/quote]

Considering we only had basically 3 DE's?
    Grigsby was basically nonfactor this year, since he was inactive a lot and when he got on the field he never really produced.

Jimmy Kennedy has only been active on the team for 2 games, since we picked him up due to the possible suspensions of the Williamses.

Letroy Guion has only been activated for 2 games.

Ellis Wyms has been activated every game, and is a major help for spelling Pat.
    He has 2.5 sacks.

Kendrick Allen is a reservist.
    He hasn't seen the field in two years.

Fred Evans has been active all 16 games and is regularly used in the rotation

So, please, give me a better rotation than Allen/Edwards being spelled by Robison and Kevin & Pat being spelled by Wyms/Evans -- after taking my list into consideration

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49842.msg886535#msg886535 date=1230557560]

:
    [/quote]

Yes, we are.

But look at the list.

[/quote]

;D

[/quote]

Grigsby was basically nonfactor this year, since he was inactive a lot and when he got on the field he never really produced.

Jimmy Kennedy has only been active on the team for 2 games, since we picked him up due to the possible suspensions of the Williamses.

He has 2.5 sacks.

So, please, give me a better rotation than Allen/Edwards being spelled by Robison and Kevin & Pat being spelled by Wyms/Evans -- after taking my list into consideration
    [/quote]
    I would've started by activating a few of those cats.....

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

The Man-Genius is now available.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikes_King link=topic=49842.msg886547#msg886547 date=1230558172]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49842.msg886535#msg886535 date=1230557560]

:
    [/quote]

Yes, we are.

But look at the list.

[/quote]
    ;D

[/quote]

He has 2.5 sacks.

[/quote]
    I would've started by activating a few of those cats.....
    [/quote]

If you were the DLine coach you would have activated them?
    weird, I didn't think that they had that power.

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast