Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Who will get the axe?

Browns already axed GM Phil Savage and HC Romeo Crennel, so they are looking for a new GM

Kansas City might fire Herm Edwards

Rams could be looking for a new coach, however players are backing Haslett down there..

Lions will fire Marinelli for sure

Seahawks will get a new coach, but that is pretty sure to be Jim Mora.. Holgren wont be fired, his contract will run out and he is back down

The Bengals could be looking for a new start, so Marvin Lewis could end up being out.

Raiders will likely extend Tom Cable, but Al Davis has pulled tricks before.

The Bills fans are complaining about how Dick Jauron turned this team on a downwords spiral after a great start.

Mike Shanahan missed the playoffs by losing the last 3 games in Denver, is this the end?

Gruden turned a 9-3 team to a 9-7 team and missed what looked to be an obvious playoff run.

Jerry Jones keeps saying that Wade Phillips job is safe, but comon? losing by 40 pts in a win and youre in game vs a division rival.

Thats about it.

With that said there could be a lot of new HCs out there.. one of them could be Leslie Frazier and he could bring some of his Defensive coaches to his potentialy new team or maybe Dunbar, Pugac or Woods could get defensive coordinator jobs around the league when the new staffs are deciced by whoever gets the HC nods around the league. Lets hope we can keep as much as possible.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Who will get the axe?

"skum" wrote:
    Browns already axed GM Phil Savage and HC Romeo Crennel, so they are looking for a new GM

Kansas City might fire Herm Edwards

Rams could be looking for a new coach, however players are backing Haslett down there..

Lions will fire Marinelli for sure

Seahawks will get a new coach, but that is pretty sure to be Jim Mora.. Holgren wont be fired, his contract will run out and he is back down

The Bengals could be looking for a new start, so Marvin Lewis could end up being out.

Raiders will likely extend Tom Cable, but Al Davis has pulled tricks before.

The Bills fans are complaining about how Dick Jauron turned this team on a downwords spiral after a great start.

Mike Shanahan missed the playoffs by losing the last 3 games in Denver, is this the end?

Gruden turned a 9-3 team to a 9-7 team and missed what looked to be an obvious playoff run.

Jerry Jones keeps saying that Wade Phillips job is safe, but comon? losing by 40 pts in a win and youre in game vs a division rival.

Thats about it.

With that said there could be a lot of new HCs out there.. one of them could be Leslie Frazier and he could bring some of his Defensive coaches to his potentialy new team or maybe Dunbar, Pugac or Woods could get defensive coordinator jobs around the league when the new staffs are deciced by whoever gets the HC nods around the league. Lets hope we can keep as much as possible.
    Crennel has not been officially fired.
    He meets with Lerner today.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"skum" wrote:
    Well as long as the team is in the playoff hunt, the coaching staff can't be contacted or interview.
    Lets hope we have a long/deep run and all those positions are filled........

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade at D-cord and maybe DL.
    Don't care what you guys think, he got a gift horse in the mouth with that group and basically underachieved most of the season.

Not sure why everyone seems to think he is the next best thing to sliced bread.
    Hell, I bet even ragz could coach that defense and get as much production out of them..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I tend to agree with Marrdro about Frazier. I'm not sure he's quite that good or bad, but I think his players are what make that Defense work, not his schemes. When you watched how the Giants changed things up on D to frustrate our Offense, you knew the DC's hand was in it. Our D seems to just line up and go after it without any particular scheme in mind. We are constantly getting beat on third and long, and I am not sure that's just because of our players in the backfield. I think we aren't using them properly in these situations, and that would be the DCs area.

"HornedHat" wrote:
    I tend to agree with Marrdro about Frazier. I'm not sure he's quite that good or bad, but I think his players are what make that Defense work, not his schemes. When you watched how the Giants changed things up on D to frustrate our Offense, you knew the DC's hand was in it. Our D seems to just line up and go after it without any particular scheme in mind. We are constantly getting beat on third and long, and I am not sure that's just because of our players in the backfield. I think we aren't using them properly in these situations, and that would be the DCs area.
    As I watched that game yesterday, I was wondering to myself.......
    Self:

a.
    Why can't our QB's have a clean pocket like that with no one in thier face.

b.
    Then I wondered, why isn't there any pressure.

c.
    I then sat back and watch our secondary try to cover recievers again for what seemed like "Forever" and really got frustrated.

Long story short, sure we missed EJ, Phat Pat, Keneche, and at the end Ray, however, we still should've been able to come up with something especially when the back OL/rotation guys came in.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Well as long as the team is in the playoff hunt, the coaching staff can't be contacted or interview.

Don't care what you guys think, he got a gift horse in the mouth with that group and basically underachieved most of the season.

Hell, I bet even ragz could coach that defense and get as much production out of them..... ;D
    i will never understand why you want a new DL coach.
    Karl Dunbar is a great coach, Pat Williams has given Dunbar credit for all of his success and his three consecutive Pro Bowl appearances

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

agree that he lucked out with the group he picked up but at least he kept the defence playing at a similar level to wgat we had achieved with Tomlin - which is something that many were unsure would happen. Given some of the p*** poor D's that we had prior to that then it was a definite bonus indeed. I agree that there are times when I wonder what the coaching staff teach when I see some QB's seeming to throw at will against us.

Assuming that Frazier did get the offer of a HC post elsewhere - would we be looking at a new system being introduced or would we better off bringing in someone to fit and continue the current system?

Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Denver is Shanahan's team.
    He doesn't deserve to lose his job over this season

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

I heard the announcers during the Vikes game talk about a new rule that allows teams to talk to prospective new hires during the playoffs now.
    They said something about the bye week, but I didn;t quite catch the whole thing as I was flipping to the Bears game during commercial breaks.

Does anyone new what this new rule is?
    Does it allow teams to talk to assistants during the playoffs now?

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

i will never understand why you want a new DL coach.
    Karl Dunbar is a great coach, Pat Williams has given Dunbar credit for all of his success and his three consecutive Pro Bowl appearances
    I gave you several reasons in my post.......

Seriously, do you think that DL played up to its potential this year?

I readily admit that some of our issues were directly related to the loss of Keneche which forced Ray to play out of position, however, were was the rotation that would help Ray stay fresh/healthy?

Long story short, if there is someone out there (as with the OL Coach) we need to go get him.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast