Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    I post this every year, and yet for some reason not that many people seem to do it...
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=30995.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42117.0

    It works, trust me.
    I am living proof.
    I was one of the people who got to buy tickets to Super Bowl XLII in AZ in 2008.

    Every year, the NFL makes a small percentage (about 1%) of the tickets available for purchase by the general public through an annual random drawing.
    If you win, you can purchase a pair of tickets directly from the NFL at face value.
    The seating is determined randomly, and the year that I went, the wifey and I ended up in the NFC end zone, lower level.
    There are pics in this thread.

    I enter every year.
    If anyone else is interested, this is all you have to do:

    *
    Send a request to be entered in the drawing to:








    Super Bowl Random Drawing








    P.O. Box 49140








    Strongsville, OH
    44149-0140

    *
    Make sure you specify that you are requesting to be entered in the drawing for two (2) tickets to Super Bowl XLIV, to be held at Dolphin Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida on February 7, 2010.

    *
    Send your ticket Request through certified or registered mail.
    I would put some type of confirmation receipt on it as well.
    The NFL does NOT send any correspondence to let you know that they received your entry.

    *
    Entries are accepted between Feb 1 and June 1.


    *

    Only one request per household is accepted. Duplicates are disregarded.

    In November you find out if you won or not.
    If you won, you get a thick envelope with some fun congratulatins stuff instide.
    If you do not win, you recieved a post card.
    The nice part about finding out in November is you canmake travel and hotel arrangements long before they jack up the prices.


    Come on PP.Oers!
    Let's get some representation at the Super Bowl!
    If I win I am going to wear a PP.O shirt under my jersey!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,441

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    Sounds like it might be worth trying..your pics in the other thread are awesome.

    I can't wait til the Super Bowl is in Indi, that will be the most realistic for me to go to. If..I mean WHEN the Vikings make it, I'll find a way to go no matter where it's at!
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  3. #3
    carta4eva's Avatar
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    549

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    amen tad7, very smart move to ensure cheaper seats, but risky for the fact that our favortie team hasn't been bowling in over 30 years now :'(
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    "carta4eva" wrote:
    amen tad7, very smart move to ensure cheaper seats, but risky for the fact that our favortie team hasn't been bowling in over 30 years now :'(
    Not risky at all.
    If you win and decide not to go to the game because the Vikings aren't in it, you can always resell the tickets for 3 or 4 times what you paid.
    The year we went, we paid $1400 for the pair, and we were offered over $5k for them at the game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    amen tad7, very smart move to ensure cheaper seats, but risky for the fact that our favortie team hasn't been bowling in over 30 years now :'(
    Not risky at all.
    If you win and decide not to go to the game because the Vikings aren't in it, you can always resell the tickets for 3 or 4 times what you paid.
    The year we went, we paid $1400 for the pair, and we were offered over $5k for them at the game.
    That's what I'm talking about, investment opportunity.

  6. #6
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    I love the fact that you wore a vikings jersey to the superbowl. thats a direct F.U to all the giants and patriots fans who couldn't get tickets.
    ;D

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    Make sure you specify that you are requesting to be entered in the drawing for two (2) tickets to Super Bowl XLIV, to be held at Dolphin Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida on February 7, 2010.
    WTF? How often does Florida get to host the SB anyways?

    Just in the past 10 years;

    2010: Dolphin Stadium, Miami, Florida
    2009: Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida
    2007: Dolphin Stadium, Miami, Florida
    2005: Alltel Stadium, Jacksonville
    2001: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
    1999: Pro Player Stadium, Miami, Florida

    Damn near every other year in recent history. 6 in 12 years.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    Nodak,






    Don't think your kindness for posting that info went un-noticed.
    I did write and send the letter in early 2008.
    I just didn't win the drawing I guess. Never heard anything.
    But you can bet your sneakers, I'll be writing again this year.








    Thanks.







    Ned


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Nodak,






    Don't think your kindness for posting that info went un-noticed.
    I did write and send the letter in early 2008.
    I just didn't win the drawing I guess. Never heard anything.
    But you can bet your sneakers, I'll be writing again this year.









    Thanks.








    Ned
    You should have gotten a postcard in November telling you that you didn't win.
    Definately write in again though.
    Keep trying every year because you never know...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Who wants tickets to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami in 2010?????

    The vikings want tickets to play the game please.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Super Bowl XLIV THREAD
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 08:02 PM
  2. The Who to perform at Super Bowl XLIV
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 01:46 AM
  3. Super Bowl party in Miami w/ McKinnie, AD,and Rice
    By Tad7 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 04:03 PM
  4. Select few appear to have shot at Super Bowl XLIV
    By HEY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 09:22 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 11:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •