Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who should the BEST FANS in the WORLD pull for?

I thought we might all be able to hop on a playoff bandwagon so we have a reason to watch the games and see what happens. Only thing is, who will we collectively pull for?
    My heart goes to the Patriots as they hobbled into the playoffs finally and then laid it to their opposition in a Wild Card game.
    I just can't force myself to like the Steelers.
    Seattle is another favotire for me as they are in the NFC and I think they have a good team.
    I really have a hard time getting on a Bear bandwagon when I know we had those guys if we could have just won out.
    Not a big fan of the Skins.
    The Panthers were posted on the cover of SI before the season even started as being the SB Champs. Could they be the team to hop aboard? They did rather embarass us this year. I think that disqualifies them from being an option.
    So, where do we go? Who gets graced with our Purple Pride?
    Think on it and get back to me!

Until then...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

Navycoach is offline Starter

Re: Who should the BEST FANS in the WORLD pull for?

Well, the Colts have been my second team ever since they drafted Peyton. I like him when he was at Tennesee and still like him at Indy. Smartest QB in the league, IMO.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Patriots? No. I'd rather see someone else win it all, either Indy or Carolina.

By the way, if PP.O did a Visa commercial, which would you rather be? zero liability or fraud monitoring?

Yea, I forgot about the Colts because they are forgettable. I really did not like the way they handled getting to the playoffs. They sat their starters most of those games and gave them away. I know why they did, but what does that say to a team coming in to beat them? What does that say about the competitive nature of the game? I just did not like the call by the Coach.
    That's playing scared if you ask me.

"Navycoach" wrote:
    Well, the Colts have been my second team ever since they drafted Peyton. I like him when he was at Tennesee and still like him at Indy. Smartest QB in the league, IMO.
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

I am cheering for the Seahawks in the NFC and the Pats (now that Cincy is out) in the AFC.

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Patriots? No. I'd rather see someone else win it all, either Indy or Carolina.

By the way, if PP.O did a Visa commercial, which would you rather be? zero liability or fraud monitoring?
    Fraud monitoring all the way man. High stakes job!
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

That's because those games are pretty much exhibition games so there is no need to play your starters very much being what you've accomplished at that point.. suppose Manning gets injured, guess how idiotic that would look on the Colts part without their star quarterback going into the playoffs. It's safe to say you could kiss the super bowl good bye if that ever happened.

Navycoach is offline Starter

I'd be the director. Probably pays the best.

No, I totally get that but this is about the team and their accomplishments. They all got there together and I am a proponent that they finish what they started in way that puts their best team on the field every Sunday. My mentality is that this is a tough game and one that does have the risk of injury, but you also risk team concept and mentality when you only put your "2nd best team" on the field just because you accomplished something. Let's also say that I playing your "great team"...I want a shot at beating the 1st string...not the backups. I am a competitor and if I was Peyton, not only would I be rich and famous...but I would want to play with my team that helped get me to those playoffs...even if I have 3 games left and I'm already in. What happens if her gets hurt in the first game of the playoffs? Then they say, "well, maybe we should have kept him fresh and had him play." It goes either way I think. What about "old school"? Do you think our Championship teams of old benched their players because they made the playoffs? How about our 15-1 Vikings? Now, I realize we did not make it into the SB but we played ALL our starters in a "meaningless" last game of the year. That attitude is one that I really liked and I think all teams should follow that mentality...not the "scaredy cat" one.

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    That's because those games are pretty much exhibition games so there is no need to play your starters very much being what you've accomplished at that point.. suppose Manning gets injured, guess how idiotic that would look on the Colts part without their star quarterback going into the playoffs. It's safe to say you could kiss the super bowl good bye if that ever happened.
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Well, I've already told my wife that I would root for the Bears in the playoffs if the Vikings didn't make it. It's just one of those sacrifices that you have to go through to make a mixed marriage work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast