View Poll Results: Who has the best shot at success?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luck

16 57.14%
  • Griffin

5 17.86%
  • Ponder

7 25.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    you mean like Ponder was last year??? ponder was def. a run first qb last year... and he couldnt' even throw in college...
    Yep, rookie qb's tend to run more than vets. 1) because they can (bodies are in the best shape they are going to be), 2) because they are not comfortable in reading defenses yet, 3) because they are not comfortable running the offense and in our case, 4) because they have poor pass protection and are forced out of the pocket early and often.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The way I understand it, It's which QB will have the most success based on the players the team puts around him.

He has never clarified how that QB's success will be measured. Will it be wins-losses or will it be by Passing Yards-TD's_INT's-QB Rating?

One would tend to be the latter, which is a direct result of how good the QB, OL & WR's are.

There is no way to measure the QB's success without taking into account the QB's talent.

As it is, t sounds like it leaves the door open for someone to claim Luck or RGBIII would have done worse than Ponder if they were on our team.
    The only meaningful metric to measure success, especially with a QB is by wins and losses. That is the way I interpreted the question, and the way I answered it. If you want to have a meaningless discussion on the stats recorded by a QB, regardless if it helped his team win, then the only thing even close to relevant is the QB rating.

If Ponder goes 6-10 with a 78 QB rating and Luck goes 4-12 with an 85 QB rating, who had more success. I say Ponder.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345