View Poll Results: Who has the best shot at success?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luck

16 57.14%
  • Griffin

5 17.86%
  • Ponder

7 25.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Who has a better chance to succeed?

Comparing the two top picks in the draft and our 1st pick last year, which one of these players has the best chance to succeed based not on their skill set but rather the way the team is being built? Please keep the topic limited to how you believe each team is building the roster and how that will impact the success of the player.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Since their own skills are vital to whether or not they & the team succeed regardless of the team around them, it's almost impossible to answer unless you simply asking who is doing a better job of building a team, leaving out the QB. Indy, Washington or Minnesota.

Luck will have more success in Indy's 1-16 team even if they don't improve any other position than Ponder will in the Vikings 2012 team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

YouthVikesFan is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Luck will have more success in Indy's 1-16 team even if they don't improve any other position than Ponder will in the Vikings 2012 team.
    Crazy how fans have no faith in our QB after one year. Yes he was reached for and didnt show much promise he deserve to go in the first round but good lord whatever happened to practice makes perfect nowadays. If ponder fails this year bench his ass half season and put webb in but give the kid a shot.

With that said i voted griffin to shine the most in his prime since the redskins are better than the colts and us at this point, as a vetern when luck is about 6+ years and the colts get back to their winning ways i think he will do a much better job than both QBs.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Our roster is a decaying mess. All the people brought in to fill starting roles, are on 1 year deals, so if they do happen to be good, they will be over paid by us next year or leave in FA.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Our roster is a decaying mess. All the people brought in to fill starting roles, are on 1 year deals, so if they do happen to be good, they will be over paid by us next year or leave in FA.
    Or it will be up to our head coach in 2013 to make the decision on the direction of the team and what to do with those expiring contracts.

As far as the thread topic goes: I'll say for immediate success, Griffin. The Redskins play in a really tough division, but have a decent roster. They added a lot at WR this offseason.

The Colts are dreadful across the board, Luck is in for a rough year.

Unless our o-line drastically improves with the (hopeful) addition of Kalil, we find a deep threat to bolster our WR corps, which can stay healthy and Ponder can just relax and trust the guys he's playing with he can be good as good as Griffin will be this year.

But a few years from now, I can't imagine Ponder will be playing better than Luck. Griffin has the scheme question mark, but he seems like a bright guy that can overcome it. Either of these guys can be stars, I don't see Ponder being more than a quality starter.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My opinion is Griffin will have the hardest time succeeding because the Redskins gave up so much to get him that they are going to be thin at the draft for a few years and that is going to limit the talent they can put around him. They will need to buy talent and that is never cheap and generally comes at a price when the team hits the cap ceiling like we did.

Indy may or may not be setting Luck up to succeed in Indy. I do know that Manning has said having Faulk there was the biggest thing to help his development and I just don't see the Colts having that same kind of guy to help him but we sort of do with AP. They certainly are going to be similar to us in that we are both building with youth. They have a new coaching staff and most of the FO is new from the owner down so that is a big unknown.

We are in interesting take. The coaching staff and FO is almost unchanged from last year and from the Chilly era. The only coach we got rid of had the best performing group on the team so I wonder how the players react to that. I don't think the coach is NFL ready and I am not sure he is NFL capable. The position coaches are largely the same and I wasn't impressed with the jobs they did last year but maybe a year of growth changes things.

I do think building through the draft is a good thing and I am glad they didn't go nuts in FA although the signings are a bit puzzling considering our needs, our depth and the players they signed.

I think with the type of QB Ponder is or has the potential to be they are using the right template to build around him which is refreshing after the Jackson debacle where they tried to fit him to what they wanted to do rather than what he could do so we will have to see how it all comes together.

That being said I am going to be a homer and pick Ponder as the most likely, Luck as the second most likely and Griffin as the guy who is going to have the hardest time succeeding solely on how i see the team being built around him.

Originally Posted by singersp
    Quote Originally Posted by YouthVikesFan View Post
    Crazy how fans have no faith in our QB after one year. Yes he was reached for and didnt show much promise he deserve to go in the first round but good lord whatever happened to practice makes perfect nowadays. If ponder fails this year bench his ass half season and put webb in but give the kid a shot.
    This has nothing to do with not having Faith in Ponder after 1 year.

Have you not been paying attention to who we have cut & who we have added thus far in FA?

We would have to get 50% legit starters out of this draft for this year before we start seeing noticeable success.

No way Ponder has more success than the other two. Ponder tries to make things happen, but just doesn't pull it off often enough behind this crew. Not even with AD & Harvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

I think with the type of QB Ponder is or has the potential to be they are using the right template to build around him.
    Which template is that? The cross off veteran & insert practice squad player here template or the cross off veteran & insert fast basketball player here template or the cross off starters & insert back up player caliber players here template?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

I do think building through the draft is a good thing and I am glad they didn't go nuts in FA although the signings are a bit puzzling considering our needs, our depth and the players they signed.
    We have been building thru the draft. Enjoy!

How many of our starters were in the NFL prior to 2007?

How many of our starters do we still have from 2006 & prior? 2?

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    I voted Luck.

From what I've seen of him in college, he can make all the throws, good pocket presence and has a decent arm.

Griffin, came out of nowhere really, not sure the NFL will ever move away from the pocket passer, Im sure he could put up similar numbers to Cam for example, but purely for consistency and longevity in the league, I voted for Luck.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast