Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's Moss

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    He can play if he want to play, right now.. not so much..

If he can end up on a big market team with a chance to go deep in the playoffs, he can be a big factor.. He is not into anything else..
    He had that chance, but the Patriots decided they were better off without him.

mrhurriicane is offline Waterboy
    Randy and TO have a shot at having more catches than Berrian this year. It's only 0-2 so I have faith.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    People People People......A few thoughts.....

a. If he could still play teams would have called him already. Look at the injuries that are out there.

b. Teams that have a chance to win a SB this year need WR help. Again, look at the injuries that are out there.

c. The Pats let him go for a reason. He doesn't demand doubles anymore and can't run a route other than a 8 or a 9 route. In this day and age, if you can only run 2 routes, you'd better take 2 defenders with you when you do it.

Did I mention he doesn't demand doubles anymore?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Is that why he had such a huge impact on the Patriots, Vikings and Titans last year?

=Z=
    Maybe it was just his mechanics?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    People People People......A few thoughts.....

a. If he could still play teams would have called him already. Look at the injuries that are out there.
    Umm... teams did call him, he's not interested. He wants a big payday/right team, and he's not getting it. Not alot of teams are going to pay top dollar to a 34+ year old receiver, despite how well he can or can not play. Look at Owens, he hasn't gotten top-dollar in a long time.

b. Teams that have a chance to win a SB this year need WR help. Again, look at the injuries that are out there.
    See point a

c. The Pats let him go for a reason. He doesn't demand doubles anymore and can't run a route other than a 8 or a 9 route. In this day and age, if you can only run 2 routes, you'd better take 2 defenders with you when you do it.

Did I mention he doesn't demand doubles anymore?
    The Pats let him go because that's what they do. It's nothing unique to Randy. They let their vets go in favor of young guys. He had his time, he played fantastically well, and it was time to move on.

Are you going to tell me a guy like Richard Seymore can't play anymore? They let him go too.

You might remember he's only a year removed from a 1200 yard, 13 TD season. Talent doesn't just disappear overnight.

yeah, he started out slow with the pats, and expecting him to light it up day 1 with the Vikes(which he did a good attempt at) and Titans (LOL!) is a tall order.

I'm fully confident if he was given a full season this year, with preseason to learn the playbook, he'd do just fine. Maybe not a 1200/13td year, but 800+/5td minimum.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 10-14-2011 at 10:43 AM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Also, one thing to consider, he's at 954 catches, and 14,858 yards. That's a bad season away from hitting two significant milestones in a WR's career.

Sorry, did I say a WR's career, I mean some all-time greats.

You gotta think there's something else making him not want to play.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Is that why he had such a huge impact on the Patriots, Vikings and Titans last year?

=Z=
    Might want to reassess those Viking numbers. Moss elevated the Offense when he got here.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Umm... teams did call him, he's not interested. He wants a big payday/right team, and he's not getting it. Not alot of teams are going to pay top dollar to a 34+ year old receiver, despite how well he can or can not play. Look at Owens, he hasn't gotten top-dollar in a long time.

See point a

The Pats let him go because that's what they do. It's nothing unique to Randy. They let their vets go in favor of young guys. He had his time, he played fantastically well, and it was time to move on.

Are you going to tell me a guy like Richard Seymore can't play anymore? They let him go too.

You might remember he's only a year removed from a 1200 yard, 13 TD season. Talent doesn't just disappear overnight.

yeah, he started out slow with the pats, and expecting him to light it up day 1 with the Vikes(which he did a good attempt at) and Titans (LOL!) is a tall order.

I'm fully confident if he was given a full season this year, with preseason to learn the playbook, he'd do just fine. Maybe not a 1200/13td year, but 800+/5td minimum.
    Marrdro doesn't want factual contradictions to his positions...he just wants to hate on Moss. While I agree with your positions - and have pointed out the same things to Marrdro in the past, he simply ignores them, and keeps repeating what he wishes was true in the vain hope that it will make it so.

Some examples:

1: Childress is a good coach.
    2: Jackson is a good QB.
    3: Robison can't play the LDE position.
    4: Edwards is a far better LDE.
    5: Rice made Favre.
    6: Favre will ruin the team (circa 2009).
    7: Wilf made Childress go get Favre.

See, none of those have a shred of evidence to support them - in fact, they were almost universally disproved - but Marrdro keeps repeating them.

Just like the "Moss is washed up" assertion.....

I suppose Berrian is a better WR option...

*sigh*

Caine

Also, one thing to consider, he's at 954 catches, and 14,858 yards. That's a bad season away from hitting two significant milestones in a WR's career.

Sorry, did I say a WR's career, I mean some all-time greats.

You gotta think there's something else making him not want to play.
    Ya...Quite possibly the worst attitude I have ever seen in a nfl player since I have been on this earth. The guy is a menace and is a cancer of the worst kind in any locker room.

The guy goes up to Zygi and tells him Childress should be fired he's a bad coach...maybe true but no player ever should even think about doing something like that. The list goes on. This guy is a Jack arse.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I don't know if "top dollar" is necessarily one of his requirements.

We do know that he loves MN & I believe still owns his house here. He was happy here & may want to simply retire a MN Viking, but didn't want to play for an idiot coach like Childress who thought he knew more about the game than the super stars who played it.

I believe his heart is still in MN & we just haven't placed the call yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast