Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 220 of 220
  1. #211
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    In my opinion, this still doesn't make sense to me.
    Pep wants to start and I don't think he will beat out Rodgers.
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.
    ??? I'm not so sure about that. Have you seen Rodgers play?

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419780

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #212
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    In my opinion, this still doesn't make sense to me.
    Pep wants to start and I don't think he will beat out Rodgers.
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.
    ??? I'm not so sure about that. Have you seen Rodgers play?

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419780
    You know Singer, some people read the whole post, and not just one sentence. Granted, that one sentence did have some grammatic errors. Otherwise though, my point was that Rodgers will be one of the worst starters in the league, and if Pep wants to start, beating Rodgers for the starting QB job in GB is his surest bet.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #213
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    In my opinion, this still doesn't make sense to me.
    Pep wants to start and I don't think he will beat out Rodgers.
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.
    ??? I'm not so sure about that. Have you seen Rodgers play?

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419780
    You know Singer, some people read the whole post, and not just one sentence. Granted, that one sentence did have some grammatic errors. Otherwise though, my point was that Rodgers will be one of the worst starters in the league, and if Pep wants to start, beating Rodgers for the starting QB job in GB is his surest bet.
    No disrespect to anyone's opinion here.
    I think Pep's best chance to stay in the league is as a back up.
    Who know's?
    Maybe he makes a miraculous come back.
    If he does, good for him.
    I just know how difficult it is to come back from that type of injury.
    That coupled with the fact he never really learned the game will make it even harder for him.

  4. #214
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    In my opinion, this still doesn't make sense to me.
    Pep wants to start and I don't think he will beat out Rodgers.
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.
    ??? I'm not so sure about that. Have you seen Rodgers play?

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419780
    You know Singer, some people read the whole post, and not just one sentence. Granted, that one sentence did have some grammatic errors. Otherwise though, my point was that Rodgers will be one of the worst starters in the league, and if Pep wants to start, beating Rodgers for the starting QB job in GB is his surest bet.
    No disrespect to anyone's opinion here.
    I think Pep's best chance to stay in the league is as a back up.
    Who know's?
    Maybe he makes a miraculous come back.
    If he does, good for him.
    I just know how difficult it is to come back from that type of injury.
    That coupled with the fact he never really learned the game will make it even harder for him.
    How can so many people say that he didn't learn the game. Have you looked at his stats his first 5 years?? Moss or no moss he was spectacular, he knows the game much better than any QB on the vikings now. He
    suffered the worst knee injury possible, give the guy a break.

  5. #215
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=34831.msg596323#msg596323 date=1182880619]
    In my opinion, this still doesn't make sense to me.
    Pep wants to start and I don't think he will beat out Rodgers.
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.
    ??? I'm not so sure about that. Have you seen Rodgers play?

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419780
    You know Singer, some people read the whole post, and not just one sentence. Granted, that one sentence did have some grammatic errors. Otherwise though, my point was that Rodgers will be one of the worst starters in the league, and if Pep wants to start, beating Rodgers for the starting QB job in GB is his surest bet.
    No disrespect to anyone's opinion here.
    I think Pep's best chance to stay in the league is as a back up.
    Who know's?
    Maybe he makes a miraculous come back.
    If he does, good for him.
    I just know how difficult it is to come back from that type of injury.
    That coupled with the fact he never really learned the game will make it even harder for him.
    How can so many people say that he didn't learn the game. Have you looked at his stats his first 5 years?? Moss or no moss he was spectacular, he knows the game much better than any QB on the vikings now. He
    suffered the worst knee injury possible, give the guy a break.
    [/quote]
    You should have taken a look at his stats yourself.
    To really make your argument you should have include his career totals because he did do will in 2000 (Moss/Carter) and again in 2003/2004.
    Other than that his TD to Int ratio sucked 3 out of the 8 years he has been in the NFL.

    Here's the link


    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133263
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #216
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=34831.msg596323#msg596323 date=1182880619]
    In my opinion, this still doesn't make sense to me.
    Pep wants to start and I don't think he will beat out Rodgers.
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.
    ??? I'm not so sure about that. Have you seen Rodgers play?

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419780
    You know Singer, some people read the whole post, and not just one sentence. Granted, that one sentence did have some grammatic errors. Otherwise though, my point was that Rodgers will be one of the worst starters in the league, and if Pep wants to start, beating Rodgers for the starting QB job in GB is his surest bet.
    No disrespect to anyone's opinion here.
    I think Pep's best chance to stay in the league is as a back up.
    Who know's?
    Maybe he makes a miraculous come back.
    If he does, good for him.
    I just know how difficult it is to come back from that type of injury.
    That coupled with the fact he never really learned the game will make it even harder for him.
    How can so many people say that he didn't learn the game. Have you looked at his stats his first 5 years?? Moss or no moss he was spectacular, he knows the game much better than any QB on the vikings now. He
    suffered the worst knee injury possible, give the guy a break.
    [/quote]
    Unfortunately, Culpepper and Moss don't get breaks on this board. Then again, neither does any ex-Viking who fans used to love.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #217
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Culpepper now persona non grata in NFL[/size]

    Injuries have made All-Pro QB liability with little hope to be starter

    ASK THE NFL EXPERT

    By Don Pierson
    MSNBC contributor

    Updated: 2 hours, 39 minutes ago



    Daunte Culpepper must wonder what hit him. After taking his share of shots on the field over the years as well as dishing some out, the former All-Pro quarterback is getting steamrolled by the Miami Dolphins and the NFL in general.....

    From hero to zero . . . in a blink of the eye!

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  8. #218
    umaguma1979's Avatar
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    628

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    Gotta believe in Culpepper.
    He will be back.

  9. #219
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    "V" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=34831.msg596327#msg596327 date=1182882240]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=34831.msg596323#msg596323 date=1182880619]
    In my opinion, this still doesn't make sense to me.
    Pep wants to start and I don't think he will beat out Rodgers.
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.
    ??? I'm not so sure about that. Have you seen Rodgers play?

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419780
    You know Singer, some people read the whole post, and not just one sentence. Granted, that one sentence did have some grammatic errors. Otherwise though, my point was that Rodgers will be one of the worst starters in the league, and if Pep wants to start, beating Rodgers for the starting QB job in GB is his surest bet.
    No disrespect to anyone's opinion here.
    I think Pep's best chance to stay in the league is as a back up.
    Who know's?
    Maybe he makes a miraculous come back.
    If he does, good for him.
    I just know how difficult it is to come back from that type of injury.
    That coupled with the fact he never really learned the game will make it even harder for him.
    How can so many people say that he didn't learn the game. Have you looked at his stats his first 5 years?? Moss or no moss he was spectacular, he knows the game much better than any QB on the vikings now. He
    suffered the worst knee injury possible, give the guy a break.
    [/quote]

    Just like everyone else that posts here, I know about all of his stats.
    But as I and several other people know, stats don't mean everything.
    Why don't you look at his INT and fumbles.
    Why don't you look at how many comebacks he had in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.
    Stats don't win games.
    Although they contribute to it you still need to have the game management skills necessary as a QB in the NFL to be labelled as "Spectacular".
    All Pep was to me on the Vikings was a cock-atoo tease.
    Sure he will get you stats and he was exciting at times but that doesn't mean he learned the game and knew how to read defenses.
    If he was able to do that he may have had more heroics with the game on the line.
    Now do you understand?

    Unfortunately, Culpepper and Moss don't get breaks on this board. Then again, neither does any ex-Viking who fans used to love.
    [/quote]


  10. #220
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Where will Culpepper go?

    KFFL
    Dolphins | Culpepper's grievance hearing scheduled for Friday
    Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:44:19 -0700

    Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper will have his grievance hearing Friday, June 29. Culpepper will be represented by NFL Players Association general counsel Richard Bertelstein, but it is not known who will represent the Dolphins at the hearing. Presiding over the hearing will be arbitrator John Feerick, who ruled in favor Baltimore Ravens QB Steve McNair in a similar grievance against the Tennessee Titans last summer. A final ruling on the grievance is expected two weeks after the hearing.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Similar Threads

  1. Culpepper to N.E?
    By Purple Floyd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 11:53 AM
  2. Some more Culpepper
    By nogathomasmillarddoleman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 03:51 AM
  3. Culpepper
    By JDante in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 01:13 AM
  4. Culpepper on PTI.....AGAIN
    By nextvikingsstar in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 02:09 AM
  5. Culpepper is the man....and here's why...
    By 841623speed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 04:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •