Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Where will Culpepper go?

"V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    In my opinion, this still doesn't make sense to me.
    Pep wants to start and I don't think he will beat out Rodgers.
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.
    ??? I'm not so sure about that. Have you seen Rodgers play?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419780

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    If Pep will be competing for the 2008 season, that means he will have not played in over 1 1/2 years (if you call the last 2 years playing).
    I respect your opinion that he can't beat out Rodgers because he very well not be able to. However, given that Pep wants to start, he is going to go to the place where he has the best chance of starting. If he can't beat out Rodgers he surely won't be able to beat out most of the starting QBs in 2008. So, from Pep's point of view, the Packers make sense because he is assured a battle for the starting spot, with the chance to actually win it.

You know Singer, some people read the whole post, and not just one sentence. Granted, that one sentence did have some grammatic errors. Otherwise though, my point was that Rodgers will be one of the worst starters in the league, and if Pep wants to start, beating Rodgers for the starting QB job in GB is his surest bet.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

You know Singer, some people read the whole post, and not just one sentence. Granted, that one sentence did have some grammatic errors. Otherwise though, my point was that Rodgers will be one of the worst starters in the league, and if Pep wants to start, beating Rodgers for the starting QB job in GB is his surest bet.
    No disrespect to anyone's opinion here.
    I think Pep's best chance to stay in the league is as a back up.
    Who know's?
    Maybe he makes a miraculous come back.
    If he does, good for him.
    I just know how difficult it is to come back from that type of injury.
    That coupled with the fact he never really learned the game will make it even harder for him.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

Who know's?
    That coupled with the fact he never really learned the game will make it even harder for him.
    How can so many people say that he didn't learn the game. Have you looked at his stats his first 5 years?? Moss or no moss he was spectacular, he knows the game much better than any QB on the vikings now. He
    suffered the worst knee injury possible, give the guy a break.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=34831.msg596323#msg596323 date=1182880619]

Who know's?
    How can so many people say that he didn't learn the game. Have you looked at his stats his first 5 years?? Moss or no moss he was spectacular, he knows the game much better than any QB on the vikings now. He
    [/quote]
    You should have taken a look at his stats yourself.
    To really make your argument you should have include his career totals because he did do will in 2000 (Moss/Carter) and again in 2003/2004.
    Other than that his TD to Int ratio sucked 3 out of the 8 years he has been in the NFL.

Here's the link

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133263
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Who know's?
    [/quote]
    Unfortunately, Culpepper and Moss don't get breaks on this board. Then again, neither does any ex-Viking who fans used to love.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Culpepper now persona non grata in NFL[/size]

Injuries have made All-Pro QB liability with little hope to be starter

ASK THE NFL EXPERT

By Don Pierson
    MSNBC contributor

Updated: 2 hours, 39 minutes ago

Daunte Culpepper must wonder what hit him. After taking his share of shots on the field over the years as well as dishing some out, the former All-Pro quarterback is getting steamrolled by the Miami Dolphins and the NFL in general.....

From hero to zero . . . in a blink of the eye!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Gotta believe in Culpepper.
    He will be back.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=34831.msg596327#msg596327 date=1182882240]

Who know's?
    [/quote]

Just like everyone else that posts here, I know about all of his stats.
    But as I and several other people know, stats don't mean everything.
    Why don't you look at his INT and fumbles.
    Why don't you look at how many comebacks he had in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.
    Stats don't win games.
    Although they contribute to it you still need to have the game management skills necessary as a QB in the NFL to be labelled as "Spectacular".
    All Pep was to me on the Vikings was a cock-atoo tease.
    Sure he will get you stats and he was exciting at times but that doesn't mean he learned the game and knew how to read defenses.
    If he was able to do that he may have had more heroics with the game on the line.
    Now do you understand?

Unfortunately, Culpepper and Moss don't get breaks on this board. Then again, neither does any ex-Viking who fans used to love.
    [/quote]

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

KFFL
    Dolphins | Culpepper's grievance hearing scheduled for Friday
    Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:44:19 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper will have his grievance hearing Friday, June 29. Culpepper will be represented by NFL Players Association general counsel Richard Bertelstein, but it is not known who will represent the Dolphins at the hearing. Presiding over the hearing will be arbitrator John Feerick, who ruled in favor Baltimore Ravens QB Steve McNair in a similar grievance against the Tennessee Titans last summer. A final ruling on the grievance is expected two weeks after the hearing.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122