Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

When will the stupidity end?

Well, by now everyone is aware of the fact that Jared Allen is possibly going to be suspended for hitting Matt Schaub....and Aaron Rodgers.
    Here's what amazes me, Defensive players are being fined for hitting Quarterbacks while the play is ongoing!!!!!!!!!

It isn't like Allen pasted either of the Sally's after the whistle.
    It's not like he launched himslef at the prima donna's and decleated them.
    It's more like his momentum carried him into them, and he collided with them.
    Wow.

What really highlights this whole thing is the fact that Arizona Safety, Adrian Wilson, pasted Matt Hasselback, and Hasselbacks cocky kiester stated, "Good hit but expect something in the mail.”, implying that the League would fine him.
    "It makes me feel good that there will be some fines coming out in the next couple of days.” said the pussified primadonna.

Quartebacks are REVELING in the defanging of Defensive players.

Goodell......STOP THE STUPID!!!!!!

Defensive players hit offensive players.
    That's what they're PAID to do.
    If you don't want your offensive players to be hit, you give them "flags" to wear, and we can all do something else on Sunday.
    Fining Defensive Players for doing what they're paid to do is flat out silly.

This reminds me of the beginning of the Favre era, when they instituted the QB slide rule.
    Since the NFL only had a couple of elite QB's (I think it was Marino, Elway, and Favre) left, they pussified the rules so QB's wouldn't get hit as often.
    Now they've pussified them some more.

And, in my opinion, the whole thing is completely stupid.
    Fine the cheap shots, fine the BLATANT late hits, but stop nit-picking.
    It's bad enough that players are getting fined, to have every game reviewed and having fines and suspensions doled out like candy every week is getting old.

Caine

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: When will the stupidity end?

"Caine" wrote:
    Well, by now everyone is aware of the fact that Jared Allen is possibly going to be suspended for hitting Matt Schaub....and Aaron Rodgers.
    Here's what amazes me, Defensive players are being fined for hitting Quarterbacks while the play is ongoing!!!!!!!!!

It isn't like Allen pasted either of the Sally's after the whistle.
    It's not like he launched himslef at the prima donna's and decleated them.
    It's more like his momentum carried him into them, and he collided with them.
    Wow.

What really highlights this whole thing is the fact that Arizona Safety, Adrian Wilson, pasted Matt Hasselback, and Hasselbacks cocky kiester stated, "Good hit but expect something in the mail.”, implying that the League would fine him.
    "It makes me feel good that there will be some fines coming out in the next couple of days.” said the pussified primadonna.

Quartebacks are REVELING in the defanging of Defensive players.

Goodell......STOP THE STUPID!!!!!!

Defensive players hit offensive players.
    That's what they're PAID to do.
    If you don't want your offensive players to be hit, you give them "flags" to wear, and we can all do something else on Sunday.
    Fining Defensive Players for doing what they're paid to do is flat out silly.

This reminds me of the beginning of the Favre era, when they instituted the QB slide rule.
    Since the NFL only had a couple of elite QB's (I think it was Marino, Elway, and Favre) left, they pussified the rules so QB's wouldn't get hit as often.
    Now they've pussified them some more.

And, in my opinion, the whole thing is completely stupid.
    Fine the cheap shots, fine the BLATANT late hits, but stop nit-picking.
    It's bad enough that players are getting fined, to have every game reviewed and having fines and suspensions doled out like candy every week is getting old.

Caine
    [size=32pt]
    +1,000,000[/size]

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=450 height=310]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/dictator.jpg[/img]

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    [img width=450 height=310]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/dictator.jpg[/img]
    *Commish Goodell Voice* "BadlandsViking that is a 10,000 post fine and your account is suspended for 2 weeks due to revealing my true colors."

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

If you all feel like Caine (and I do) you are going to absolutely love this article from a Minneapolis Sports writer that is actually encouraging Goddell to suspend three or four Viking players.
    Read it here:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/34717999.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:a UU
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

a little offtopic but "In these times of economic hardship, the Vikings' defensive linemen should do their part to cut travel expenses."
    wouldnt their travels actually help the economic hardships?

anyways, i think suspending allen is silly. if anything edwards should get a suspension for that hit on garcia...omg im surprised garcia is still alive, and that was 3 or 4 seconds after the ball was gone. souhan is a moron.
    i liked the comment haazman made

"classless commentary

'Face it Souhan...you are pining to go to Green Bay and practice your drivel there....please do we need someone who is much more objective and obviously more knowledgeable..even in the worst of times'"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This is my first time writing a comment about what I have read on Startribune. I am an ex-Viking, a second round pick that fell victim to a fierce illegal cut block my rookie season. I broke bones tore ligaments and as it turns out My young NFL career was over as fast as it started... Protect players..Where was my protection. There was no fine given to Brad Hopkins from the Tenn Titans as he hit me from behind and rolled. Two illegal actions.. where was the fine.. This was footbal and I was told I could have looked back away from the play to protect myself. I understood the risks of playing football when I did. I have since had multiple operations to try to fix what happened to me. But It came with playing the Great sport of football. Why a quarter back gets more protection than a Def lineman that is constantly in the trenches getting cut, getting double teamed, hands in face that is often missed by the ref. I can promise you this if you watch every snap and every player on every snap you will find something illeagal during that play. Some get caughth some get un-noticed and it has been that way for years. I believe that now watching the game as a fan it saddens me to know now that Jared can go full speed any more because of the words in the ear "stay off the QB" or Edwards cant give it all he has because he might have to cut a check.. Lets be honest Jeff garcia after that late hit still scrammbled and made plays. who know the ends might not have gone full speed in fear of a fine....
    I wonder who this was, anyone have an idea?

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

another comment suggested edwards was engaged (pushed?) by an o line guy, i could see how the hit on garcia could have been unintentional since garcia was running towards him, they both may have been watching the pass and ran into each other ? idk i have seen worse hits go unpunished.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"petrodemos" wrote:
    another comment suggested edwards was engaged (pushed?) by an o line guy, i could see how the hit on garcia could have been unintentional since garcia was running towards him, they both may have been watching the pass and ran into each other ? idk i have seen worse hits go unpunished.
    please, lets stop making excuses, Edwards was as late as it came.
    I've heard excuses about Peterson taking his helmet off, saying when someone knocked into him it "fell off".
    just accept that our players aren't perfect.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He never said it was okay.. He just said it was brought up

I didn't see a good angle on the play to see if he was pushed at all

Never the less it was a severe late hit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast