Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: What's one thing you'd change for a franchise(s) if u could???

"Zeus" wrote:
    "maxinator11" wrote:
    I just thought it'd be interesting to see what moment in the Vikes history was most franchise changing, also, if u wanna share wat u think would've happened if this event had come true. I'll share my opinion l8r wen more ppl post... L8r dayz...
    Franchise changing?
    That's a bigger question than "Gary Anderson makes that kick."

I'd have to go with Mike Lynn trading for Herschel Walker.
    The ramifications of that trade affected the franchise for years afterwards.

For 2nd place, I'd go with letting Tony Dungy go while Denny Green stayed.

=Z=
    Those would certainly be two on my list.

I would also add Jim Finks leaving.

In 1964, Finks was named the general manager of the Minnesota Vikings. In 1968, Minnesota won its first NFL Central Division Championship, marking the start of a dynasty that produced 11 division championship teams and four Super Bowl appearances in the following 14 years. In 1969, the Vikings won 12 of 14 games and claimed the NFL championship before losing to the American Football League's Kansas City Chiefs 23-7 in Super Bowl IV.

The Vikings team that Finks put together was powered by a dynamic defensive front four, popularly known as The "Purple People Eaters". The first member of the unit, defensive end Jim Marshall, came to the Vikings in a 1961 trade before Finks arrived. In 1964, the new general manager added two potential stars to the line: end Carl Eller as a first-round pick in the NFL draft, and tackle Gary Larsen in a trade. He completed "The Purple People Eaters" in 1967 by picking Alan Page in the draft.

In 1967, Norm Van Brocklin resigned as head coach and Finks immediately hired Bud Grant

That appears franchise changing to me!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

alot of posts with things that would have been great to have been changed.
    The "Hail Mary" and Anderson missing the kick were huge.
    I just wonder if Anderson had made that kick how many of us think we would have beaten Denver.
    They had Elway and Terrell Davis, maybe we are lucky he missed us so we don't have 5 Super Bowl losses.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"vikingivan" wrote:
    I just wonder if Anderson had made that kick how many of us think we would have beaten Denver.
    They had Elway and Terrell Davis, maybe we are lucky he missed us so we don't have 5 Super Bowl losses.
    I'm quite certain I would rather have made it to the Superbowl and lost, than not at all.
    At least that way I could actually say that I've watched our Vikings play in the big dance.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    I'm quite certain I would rather have made it to the Superbowl and lost, than not at all.
    At least that way I could actually say that I've watched our Vikings play in the big dance.
    True, better to make it and lose than not to make it at all.
    Plus, we all would have been expecting a Vikings win and probably would have gotten it.
    It would have been a great game.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

hmmm i think i might have changed when nathen poole caught that pass with 0 seconds left and knocked us out of the playoffs...we had a good team that year but we fell apart at the end of the season if we won are first playoff game and got some momentum we could have went all the way...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123