Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Whats More Amazing?

    EJ Henderson - I never thought that cat would play again, let alone that soon and playing so good. He was everywhere Thur night.

    Griff - Still haven't seen him on the field, but damn if it doesn't look like its gonna happen real soon. Two years my friend, two years for cats to bet back 100% from those dang things.

    Wes Welker - Did you guys catch what he did this weekend. I came pretty close to grabbing (whats his name I forgot it Sun) that young kid that filled in for him last year in one of my fantasy drafts.

    Or........

    The doctors that did the work. Fricken amazing my friends, fricken amazing.

    Lets hope Griff didn't get the one that did Jenkins (Jets) knee. hmy:

    On a side note: How dang good is Clay Matthews gonna be? My new despised PUKER. He is gonna break my heart for many years to come. I have a new nickname for him.......Bastardo.....

    Absolutely amazing what he has done in his short career. Was absolutely convinced he would get lost with his shift to the other end. Looks like even though he was gassed and on the bench, he got back out there and still played some ball. WOW.

    Anyway, just something I was thinking about as I watched NFLN tonight.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    EJ Henderson. Without question.
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    gregair13 wrote:
    EJ Henderson. Without question.
    I am trending towards that, however, Welkers story is pretty amazing as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    EJ Henderson. Without question.
    I am trending towards that, however, Welkers story is pretty amazing as well.
    #&@< Welker! We all saw both injuries happen. EJ looks about 50 trillion times worse.
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #5
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    gregair13 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    EJ Henderson. Without question.
    I am trending towards that, however, Welkers story is pretty amazing as well.
    #&@< Welker! We all saw both injuries happen. EJ looks about 50 trillion times worse.
    Looks can be deceiving.

    EJ's injury had no ligament involvement, and was fairly straightforward, yet brutal... and rare. You typically see femur breaks in car crashes. That's a testament to the size and speed of NFL players.


    Torn ACLs are unfortunately a relatively common occurrence in football. Carson Palmer came back from a multiple ligament(acl included,) kneecap dislocation, and cartilage damage faster than Griff has. But he does play QB.

    Level of play out of these guys will determine who gets my vote.


    For now, go doctors.

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    EJ Henderson. Without question.
    I am trending towards that, however, Welkers story is pretty amazing as well.
    #&@< Welker! We all saw both injuries happen. EJ looks about 50 trillion times worse.
    Looks can be deceiving.

    EJ's injury had no ligament involvement, and was fairly straightforward, yet brutal... and rare. You typically see femur breaks in car crashes. That's a testament to the size and speed of NFL players.


    Torn ACLs are unfortunately a relatively common occurrence in football. Carson Palmer came back from a multiple ligament(acl included,) kneecap dislocation, and cartilage damage faster than Griff has. But he does play QB.

    Level of play out of these guys will determine who gets my vote.


    For now, go doctors.
    Ski Racers who break their Femurs often never race again (one had a leg amputated). I've never heard of an NFL player break their Femur and be effective ever again.

    NFL players tear liguments all the time. Willis McGahee destroyed his knee and went on to play decently in his pro career.

    Welker had a great game, and looks sharp, so does EJ. So far, the Femur recovery > Ligament recovery. Ligaments can heal over the course of a handful of months. EJ wasn't even expected to be practicing yet, nevermind starting and playing well.

  7. #7
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    EJ Henderson. Without question.
    I am trending towards that, however, Welkers story is pretty amazing as well.
    #&@< Welker! We all saw both injuries happen. EJ looks about 50 trillion times worse.
    Looks can be deceiving.

    EJ's injury had no ligament involvement, and was fairly straightforward, yet brutal... and rare. You typically see femur breaks in car crashes. That's a testament to the size and speed of NFL players.


    Torn ACLs are unfortunately a relatively common occurrence in football. Carson Palmer came back from a multiple ligament(acl included,) kneecap dislocation, and cartilage damage faster than Griff has. But he does play QB.

    Level of play out of these guys will determine who gets my vote.


    For now, go doctors.
    Ski Racers who break their Femurs often never race again (one had a leg amputated). I've never heard of an NFL player break their Femur and be effective ever again.

    NFL players tear liguments all the time. Willis McGahee destroyed his knee and went on to play decently in his pro career.

    Welker had a great game, and looks sharp, so does EJ. So far, the Femur recovery > Ligament recovery. Ligaments can heal over the course of a handful of months. EJ wasn't even expected to be practicing yet, nevermind starting and playing well.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/07/ej-henderson-could-be-running-in-two-months/

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    Yes, but name one guy to break their femur and go on to continue being successful.

  9. #9
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    Hey Mar,

    You left me off the list of comebacks..LMAO

    But sometimes I stop and thank God, and my surgeon. I was dam near close to being in a wheel chair or using a walker for the rest of my life. Now look at me, haven't even needed a cane for some time now. Sure, I still deal with some pain, but not nearly as much as I used to. It's truly amazing, what some Dr's / Surgeons and rehab therapist, can do for those of us in medical and life changing need these days...I'm walking proof myself.


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  10. #10
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Whats More Amazing?

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Yes, but name one guy to break their femur and go on to continue being successful.
    I don't know any skiers, but I read that typically a skier's fractured femur is a spiral fracture, a break from a twisting force, which is much harder to treat. So that could explain their lack of return to form/function. I also assume that since it is due to a twisting force, there is probably knee or hip involvement with the injury.


    EJ's injury had no knee involvement, was a clean break, and incredibly rare for football players, so it's hard to find examples of returns from a broken femur. One I found is a kid who Florida State moved from WR to Corner this year, Avis Commack. He broke his femur in February and was ready to play by camp.


    I'm not trying to make light of Henderson's injury, but I just don't think a bone injury is as difficult of a fix, or as delicate upon return as something like a ligament injury.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Amazing 3 Minutes!
    By verovike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 08:42 PM
  2. THIS IS AMAZING!
    By ChiTownVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 07:08 PM
  3. Simply amazing
    By DarrinNelsonguy in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 05:50 AM
  4. amazing....
    By Mr. Purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 03:21 AM
  5. it's amazing...
    By amavikesfan in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 09:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •