Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

What are you cheering for the rest of the way?

The regular season is over, and the playoffs are about to begin. After that we have the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl.

At 8-8, the Vikings are out of the playoffs. Several Vikings were named to the Pro Bowl. Adrian Peterson got the nod for offensive Rookie of the Year.
    Vikings ownership isn't making sudden personnel moves at season's end.

What do Vikings fans have left to cheer for? Here's my list.

• [li]For the Packers to lose in the playoffs[/li]
      [li]For the Redskins to lose in the playoffs[/li]
      [li]For the Giants to lose in the playoffs[/li]
      [li]For the Cowboys to lose in the playoffs[/li]
      [li]For the Steelers to lose in the playoffs[/li]
      [li]For Cris Carter, Randall McDaniel, and also Gary Zimmerman to be voted into the Hall of Fame*[/li]
      [li]For Randy Moss to do well in the playoffs, and if it's inevitable that the Patriots win it all, to get his championship ring, but if it's not, for the Patriots to lose in the playoffs so we don't have to endlessly hear about how the 2007 Patriots were the greatest team ever forever and ever into the future[/li]
      [li]For Erasmus James, Rufus Alexander, and all our other wounded warriors to heal up fast and come back strong next year[/li]
      [li]For Kevin Everett to make a full or nearly full recovery and be able to live a normal life[/li]
      [li]For the NFL to properly fund the veterans' pension plan and health care[/li]
      [li]For the NFC in the Pro Bowl to start 10 on defense, leaving vacant for one play where Sean Taylor would have started[/li]
      [li]For the Vikes in the Pro Bowl to do well, have a good time, and not get hurt[/li]
      [li]and for the Minnesota Legislature to realize what a great opportunity it is to create a public entertainment plaza like Cleveland did and include on those grounds a great new stadium for the Vikings and Gophers, usable for other public events, and for the Wilfs to help invest and develop the whole thing so that the whole economy of the Twin Cities and the State of Minnesota gets a big boost[/li]

Here's to having even more to cheer for next year. Go Vikes!

(* Former Vikings' defensive coordinator Emmitt Thomas is up for election to the Hall of Fame for his playing career with the Chiefs from 1966-1978.)

Go Vikings!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What are you cheering for the rest of the way?

For Moss to NOT get a ring...until and unless he re-signs with the Vikes in the twilight of his career...and puts together a magical final season to compliment the running of Adrian Peterson and the domination of the future #1 defense in the NFL.

F*ck Moss...unless he wins a ring with the Vikings, he shouldn't get one in MY opinion.

And for ALL of the NFL fans to NEVER have to hear the a**hole Putzie fans bragging about a 19-0 season forever and ever...F*ck the Putzies...AND especially their fans!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"cajunvike" wrote:
    For Moss to NOT get a ring...until and unless he re-signs with the Vikes in the twilight of his career...and puts together a magical final season to compliment the running of Adrian Peterson and the domination of the future #1 defense in the NFL.

F*ck Moss...unless he wins a ring with the Vikings, he shouldn't get one in MY opinion.

And for ALL of the NFL fans to NEVER have to hear the a**hole Putzie fans bragging about a 19-0 season forever and ever...F*ck the Putzies...AND especially their fans!
    You could have just said Green Bay.

Welcome back stranger.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

The NFC to win the PRO BOWL

Thanks josdin00

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

i hope green bay gets to the super bowl and gets humiliated. like to see a point differential record set here. that would be an enjoyable super bowl. the mo points, the mo betta.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"marshallvike" wrote:
    i hope green bay gets to the super bowl and gets humiliated. like to see a point differential record set here. that would be an enjoyable super bowl. the mo points, the mo betta.
    yeah thatd be cool...but id rather have them get blown out in their first playoff game!
    ;D

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I'm just gonna watch this video until next year. (all AD's runs vs the Bolts)

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803e06db

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Its for G.B to get absolutely crushed to the point where Farve simply says "I'M DONE" I
    don't care if its the Divisional,NFC Championship, Superbowl after the POST season I want FARVE GONE and I could care less else about what happends just for that guy to leave, all I want is simply that
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

briannord is offline Rookie

I really hope that the NFC leaves a spot open for Sean Taylor for a play.
    He had so much potential.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:

Wow what a surprise, I would never have guessed that well formed argument about Patriot hate would have come from Cajun.

I'd just like to see a good Superbowl myself, not a snore fest or anything.
    I want to see heartbreak in the last five seconds, I want to see "the drive".
    That's all i hope for every year in the superbowl, something to remember no matter who's playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast