Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    I go with Mitchell, SD.
    Anyplace that has a corn palace should be permanently banned from even remotely viewing anything associated with the NFL.
    Touche. You also have to take a look at Yakutsk, Sakha and think it doesn't offer much for the NFL fan base.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    "molineviking" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I voted L.A. out of resentment.


    I second that after living there, LA is so nothing like the phony commercials, Traffic, Ridiculous cost of living, crime, English is not the main language-(Sorry I'm no racist and never have been, just saying the truth) and on and on. See I can't even just agree with someone without going on a rant about how crappy LA is.
    Pretty acurate evaluation.
    I agree, even if having a team this close would be kinda nice.

  3. #23
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I go with Mitchell, SD.
    Anyplace that has a corn palace should be permanently banned from even remotely viewing anything associated with the NFL.
    Touche. You also have to take a look at Yakutsk, Sakha and think it doesn't offer much for the NFL fan base.
    Another worthy mention.
    If we're going global you can't leave off Croix des Bouquets, Haiti.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    Anywhere, Latvia.

    Curses Latvia...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #25
    purplejokr is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    126

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I voted L.A. out of resentment.

    I second that after living there, LA is so nothing like the phony commercials, Traffic, Ridiculous cost of living, crime, English is not the main language-(Sorry I'm no racist and never have been, just saying the truth) and on and on. See I can't even just agree with someone without going on a rant about how crappy LA is.
    Pretty acurate evaluation.
    I agree, even if having a team this close would be kinda nice.
    [color=purple][b][size=9pt]I've had this discussion on message boards before...

    1) I was born and raised in southern Cali and I have lived in Los Angeles for 10+ years now. I say this to give you my frame of reference.

    2) The traffic can be horrible. I would totally agree with that.

    3) The ridiculous cost of living I disagree with. You can buy or rent a nice place in several areas around LA. The problem is, those reasonable places to live are not near the water or in Beverly Hills. I bought my first home in Culver City which brings me to crime...

    4) Crime CAN BE bad in LA. However, for as many people that we have here, it is minimal. Again, it really depends on where you live. If you live in a run down area, then, yeah, you are gonna have crime problems. You can live in a reasonably priced area without the fear of crime. For instance, Culver City tracks how much police patrol a city of its size has and doubles it. Cops are EVERYWHERE in Culver City.

    5) English is not the main language? I would agree. With some of the largest immigrant populations in the country living in LA, english shouldn't be the main language. Our Korea Town is HUGE, our Little Tokyo is HUGE, our Chinatown is HUGE. Heck, our Little Ethiopia is pretty big too! However, if you want to be where english is almost exclusively spoken, it is possible. You will just need to live in a more expensive area.

    Finally, and this is the part that I have typed time and again on other message boards, LA WILL NOT support a loser. We have too many better things to do here than waste our dollars on supporting a loser. Good old Arsenio Hall once said it best,[/size]

    Los Angeles has everything. If you don't like Magic Mountain, we got Disneyland. If you don't like the beach, we got the snow. If you don't like basketball, we got the Clippers.
    [size=9pt]It is said in jest but it is true. The Lakers and Dodgers will continue to draw fans because they have had so much success in the past. Not to mention the Dodgers' back to back NLCS appearances or the Lakers' back to back NBA Finals' appearances and one championship last season. Take a look at the USC Trojans attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Take a look at the Dodgers/Angels attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Heck, compare the Dodgers/Angels to the White Sox/Cubs. You know who draws more fans to their parks annually? The Dodgers/Angels. In Los Angeles.

    Simply put, Los Angeles supports their teams when we believe that ownership is TRYING to put a winner on the court, field, or diamond. The Clippers DO NOT draw like a normal professional franchise in LA. Why? We all KNOW that Donald Sterling is not interested in putting a winner on the court. Sterling is more interested in making money off of the Clippers. THAT is not supported around here and I am completely in favor of that. Once Sterling commits to winning then those fans will come. I guarantee it!

    Do we get to the game late & leave the game early? Sometimes. Will we support a team that is trying to win wholeheartedly? Absolutely!

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    "purplejokr" wrote:
    [color=purple][b][size=9pt]I've had this discussion on message boards before...

    1) I was born and raised in southern Cali and I have lived in Los Angeles for 10+ years now. I say this to give you my frame of reference.

    2) The traffic can be horrible. I would totally agree with that.

    3) The ridiculous cost of living I disagree with. You can buy or rent a nice place in several areas around LA. The problem is, those reasonable places to live are not near the water or in Beverly Hills. I bought my first home in Culver City which brings me to crime...

    4) Crime CAN BE bad in LA. However, for as many people that we have here, it is minimal. Again, it really depends on where you live. If you live in a run down area, then, yeah, you are gonna have crime problems. You can live in a reasonably priced area without the fear of crime. For instance, Culver City tracks how much police patrol a city of its size has and doubles it. Cops are EVERYWHERE in Culver City.

    5) English is not the main language? I would agree. With some of the largest immigrant populations in the country living in LA, english shouldn't be the main language. Our Korea Town is HUGE, our Little Tokyo is HUGE, our Chinatown is HUGE. Heck, our Little Ethiopia is pretty big too! However, if you want to be where english is almost exclusively spoken, it is possible. You will just need to live in a more expensive area.

    Finally, and this is the part that I have typed time and again on other message boards, LA WILL NOT support a loser. We have too many better things to do here than waste our dollars on supporting a loser. Good old Arsenio Hall once said it best,[/size]

    Los Angeles has everything. If you don't like Magic Mountain, we got Disneyland. If you don't like the beach, we got the snow. If you don't like basketball, we got the Clippers.
    [size=9pt]It is said in jest but it is true. The Lakers and Dodgers will continue to draw fans because they have had so much success in the past. Not to mention the Dodgers' back to back NLCS appearances or the Lakers' back to back NBA Finals' appearances and one championship last season. Take a look at the USC Trojans attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Take a look at the Dodgers/Angels attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Heck, compare the Dodgers/Angels to the White Sox/Cubs. You know who draws more fans to their parks annually? The Dodgers/Angels. In Los Angeles.

    Simply put, Los Angeles supports their teams when we believe that ownership is TRYING to put a winner on the court, field, or diamond. The Clippers DO NOT draw like a normal professional franchise in LA. Why? We all KNOW that Donald Sterling is not interested in putting a winner on the court. Sterling is more interested in making money off of the Clippers. THAT is not supported around here and I am completely in favor of that. Once Sterling commits to winning then those fans will come. I guarantee it!

    Do we get to the game late & leave the game early? Sometimes. Will we support a team that is trying to win wholeheartedly? Absolutely!
    OK, its official.........
    You, I like.
    Except maybe the purple Text.
    Don't get me wrong, love the color purple but maybe not as a medium to get a point across.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    purplejokr is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    126

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    OK, its official.........
    You, I like.

    Except maybe the purple Text.
    Don't get me wrong, love the color purple but maybe not as a medium to get a point across.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Thanks for the compliments, sir.

    Oh, and, the purple stays.
    8)


  8. #28
    JellyBean2144's Avatar
    JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    475

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    I picked Jacksonville. That teams is just not getting the support that it should be getting.

  9. #29
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    "purplejokr" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I voted L.A. out of resentment.

    I second that after living there, LA is so nothing like the phony commercials, Traffic, Ridiculous cost of living, crime, English is not the main language-(Sorry I'm no racist and never have been, just saying the truth) and on and on. See I can't even just agree with someone without going on a rant about how crappy LA is.
    Pretty acurate evaluation.
    I agree, even if having a team this close would be kinda nice.
    [color=purple][b][size=9pt]I've had this discussion on message boards before...

    1) I was born and raised in southern Cali and I have lived in Los Angeles for 10+ years now. I say this to give you my frame of reference.

    2) The traffic can be horrible. I would totally agree with that.

    3) The ridiculous cost of living I disagree with. You can buy or rent a nice place in several areas around LA. The problem is, those reasonable places to live are not near the water or in Beverly Hills. I bought my first home in Culver City which brings me to crime...

    4) Crime CAN BE bad in LA. However, for as many people that we have here, it is minimal. Again, it really depends on where you live. If you live in a run down area, then, yeah, you are gonna have crime problems. You can live in a reasonably priced area without the fear of crime. For instance, Culver City tracks how much police patrol a city of its size has and doubles it. Cops are EVERYWHERE in Culver City.

    5) English is not the main language? I would agree. With some of the largest immigrant populations in the country living in LA, english shouldn't be the main language. Our Korea Town is HUGE, our Little Tokyo is HUGE, our Chinatown is HUGE. Heck, our Little Ethiopia is pretty big too! However, if you want to be where english is almost exclusively spoken, it is possible. You will just need to live in a more expensive area.

    Finally, and this is the part that I have typed time and again on other message boards, LA WILL NOT support a loser. We have too many better things to do here than waste our dollars on supporting a loser. Good old Arsenio Hall once said it best,[/size]

    Los Angeles has everything. If you don't like Magic Mountain, we got Disneyland. If you don't like the beach, we got the snow. If you don't like basketball, we got the Clippers.
    [size=9pt]It is said in jest but it is true. The Lakers and Dodgers will continue to draw fans because they have had so much success in the past. Not to mention the Dodgers' back to back NLCS appearances or the Lakers' back to back NBA Finals' appearances and one championship last season. Take a look at the USC Trojans attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Take a look at the Dodgers/Angels attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Heck, compare the Dodgers/Angels to the White Sox/Cubs. You know who draws more fans to their parks annually? The Dodgers/Angels. In Los Angeles.

    Simply put, Los Angeles supports their teams when we believe that ownership is TRYING to put a winner on the court, field, or diamond. The Clippers DO NOT draw like a normal professional franchise in LA. Why? We all KNOW that Donald Sterling is not interested in putting a winner on the court. Sterling is more interested in making money off of the Clippers. THAT is not supported around here and I am completely in favor of that. Once Sterling commits to winning then those fans will come. I guarantee it!

    Do we get to the game late & leave the game early? Sometimes. Will we support a team that is trying to win wholeheartedly? Absolutely!
    Sounds like a bunch of bandwagon fans to me.
    Sure in Basketball and baseball you have good attendance, in those sports you can buy championships, not so in the NFL, that's why no team will go there.
    Cali already has 2 NFL teams no need for a third. A new team would just take fans away from the other teams there.
    If LA really needs a team they can have the Raiders.

  10. #30
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

    "purplejokr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    OK, its official.........
    You, I like.

    Except maybe the purple Text.
    Don't get me wrong, love the color purple but maybe not as a medium to get a point across.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Thanks for the compliments, sir.

    Oh, and, the purple stays.
    8)

    Does it need to be bolded?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What City Most Deserves an NFL Team?
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 11:55 PM
  2. Sid Hartman: Tice deserves chance to be top coach again
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
  3. Oklahoma City mayor puts city on a diet
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 01:46 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
  5. OK .. O Smith Deserves The Starting Job .. He's Earned It
    By Foreman44 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 05:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •