Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: What City Least Deserves an NFL Team?

"Prophet" wrote:
    I go with Mitchell, SD.
    Anyplace that has a corn palace should be permanently banned from even remotely viewing anything associated with the NFL.
    Touche. You also have to take a look at Yakutsk, Sakha and think it doesn't offer much for the NFL fan base.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"molineviking" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I voted L.A. out of resentment.

I second that after living there, LA is so nothing like the phony commercials, Traffic, Ridiculous cost of living, crime, English is not the main language-(Sorry I'm no racist and never have been, just saying the truth) and on and on. See I can't even just agree with someone without going on a rant about how crappy LA is.
    Pretty acurate evaluation.
    I agree, even if having a team this close would be kinda nice.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I go with Mitchell, SD.
    Anyplace that has a corn palace should be permanently banned from even remotely viewing anything associated with the NFL.
    Touche. You also have to take a look at Yakutsk, Sakha and think it doesn't offer much for the NFL fan base.
    Another worthy mention.
    If we're going global you can't leave off Croix des Bouquets, Haiti.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Anywhere, Latvia.

Curses Latvia...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

purplejokr is offline Rookie

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

I second that after living there, LA is so nothing like the phony commercials, Traffic, Ridiculous cost of living, crime, English is not the main language-(Sorry I'm no racist and never have been, just saying the truth) and on and on. See I can't even just agree with someone without going on a rant about how crappy LA is.
    [color=purple][b][size=9pt]I've had this discussion on message boards before...

1) I was born and raised in southern Cali and I have lived in Los Angeles for 10+ years now. I say this to give you my frame of reference.

2) The traffic can be horrible. I would totally agree with that.

3) The ridiculous cost of living I disagree with. You can buy or rent a nice place in several areas around LA. The problem is, those reasonable places to live are not near the water or in Beverly Hills. I bought my first home in Culver City which brings me to crime...

4) Crime CAN BE bad in LA. However, for as many people that we have here, it is minimal. Again, it really depends on where you live. If you live in a run down area, then, yeah, you are gonna have crime problems. You can live in a reasonably priced area without the fear of crime. For instance, Culver City tracks how much police patrol a city of its size has and doubles it. Cops are EVERYWHERE in Culver City.

5) English is not the main language? I would agree. With some of the largest immigrant populations in the country living in LA, english shouldn't be the main language. Our Korea Town is HUGE, our Little Tokyo is HUGE, our Chinatown is HUGE. Heck, our Little Ethiopia is pretty big too! However, if you want to be where english is almost exclusively spoken, it is possible. You will just need to live in a more expensive area.

Finally, and this is the part that I have typed time and again on other message boards, LA WILL NOT support a loser. We have too many better things to do here than waste our dollars on supporting a loser. Good old Arsenio Hall once said it best,[/size]

Los Angeles has everything. If you don't like Magic Mountain, we got Disneyland. If you don't like the beach, we got the snow. If you don't like basketball, we got the Clippers.
    [size=9pt]It is said in jest but it is true. The Lakers and Dodgers will continue to draw fans because they have had so much success in the past. Not to mention the Dodgers' back to back NLCS appearances or the Lakers' back to back NBA Finals' appearances and one championship last season. Take a look at the USC Trojans attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Take a look at the Dodgers/Angels attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Heck, compare the Dodgers/Angels to the White Sox/Cubs. You know who draws more fans to their parks annually? The Dodgers/Angels. In Los Angeles.

Simply put, Los Angeles supports their teams when we believe that ownership is TRYING to put a winner on the court, field, or diamond. The Clippers DO NOT draw like a normal professional franchise in LA. Why? We all KNOW that Donald Sterling is not interested in putting a winner on the court. Sterling is more interested in making money off of the Clippers. THAT is not supported around here and I am completely in favor of that. Once Sterling commits to winning then those fans will come. I guarantee it!

Do we get to the game late & leave the game early? Sometimes. Will we support a team that is trying to win wholeheartedly? Absolutely!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"purplejokr" wrote:

1) I was born and raised in southern Cali and I have lived in Los Angeles for 10+ years now. I say this to give you my frame of reference.

3) The ridiculous cost of living I disagree with. You can buy or rent a nice place in several areas around LA. The problem is, those reasonable places to live are not near the water or in Beverly Hills. I bought my first home in Culver City which brings me to crime...

4) Crime CAN BE bad in LA. However, for as many people that we have here, it is minimal. Again, it really depends on where you live. If you live in a run down area, then, yeah, you are gonna have crime problems. You can live in a reasonably priced area without the fear of crime. For instance, Culver City tracks how much police patrol a city of its size has and doubles it. Cops are EVERYWHERE in Culver City.

5) English is not the main language? I would agree. With some of the largest immigrant populations in the country living in LA, english shouldn't be the main language. Our Korea Town is HUGE, our Little Tokyo is HUGE, our Chinatown is HUGE. Heck, our Little Ethiopia is pretty big too! However, if you want to be where english is almost exclusively spoken, it is possible. You will just need to live in a more expensive area.

Finally, and this is the part that I have typed time and again on other message boards, LA WILL NOT support a loser. We have too many better things to do here than waste our dollars on supporting a loser. Good old Arsenio Hall once said it best,[/size]

Los Angeles has everything. If you don't like Magic Mountain, we got Disneyland. If you don't like the beach, we got the snow. If you don't like basketball, we got the Clippers.
    [size=9pt]It is said in jest but it is true. The Lakers and Dodgers will continue to draw fans because they have had so much success in the past. Not to mention the Dodgers' back to back NLCS appearances or the Lakers' back to back NBA Finals' appearances and one championship last season. Take a look at the USC Trojans attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Take a look at the Dodgers/Angels attendance figures and tell me LA doesn't support their teams. Heck, compare the Dodgers/Angels to the White Sox/Cubs. You know who draws more fans to their parks annually? The Dodgers/Angels. In Los Angeles.

Simply put, Los Angeles supports their teams when we believe that ownership is TRYING to put a winner on the court, field, or diamond. The Clippers DO NOT draw like a normal professional franchise in LA. Why? We all KNOW that Donald Sterling is not interested in putting a winner on the court. Sterling is more interested in making money off of the Clippers. THAT is not supported around here and I am completely in favor of that. Once Sterling commits to winning then those fans will come. I guarantee it!

Do we get to the game late & leave the game early? Sometimes. Will we support a team that is trying to win wholeheartedly? Absolutely!
    OK, its official.........
    You, I like.
    Except maybe the purple Text.
    Don't get me wrong, love the color purple but maybe not as a medium to get a point across.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplejokr is offline Rookie

"Marrdro" wrote:
    You, I like.

Don't get me wrong, love the color purple but maybe not as a medium to get a point across.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Thanks for the compliments, sir.

Oh, and, the purple stays.
    8)

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

I picked Jacksonville. That teams is just not getting the support that it should be getting.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"purplejokr" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Sounds like a bunch of bandwagon fans to me.
    Sure in Basketball and baseball you have good attendance, in those sports you can buy championships, not so in the NFL, that's why no team will go there.
    Cali already has 2 NFL teams no need for a third. A new team would just take fans away from the other teams there.
    If LA really needs a team they can have the Raiders.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"purplejokr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You, I like.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Thanks for the compliments, sir.

Oh, and, the purple stays.
    8)

Does it need to be bolded?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast